{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Moo Ban system abandoned  (Read 5077 times)

Lourens

Moo Ban system abandoned
« on: September 16, 2008, 06:11:39 PM »
My wife was the Oboto (Village council woman) for our village from July 2007 to July 2008. During the last couple of months of her term, the possibility of Buriram municipality taking over all functions of the local village councils was discussed on many occasions. I had long talks with Khun Suphot, the council chairman about this and he was all in favour of this development. Then during the middle of last month there were a round of elections all around Buriram to elect the new officials who would now be employed at the Tessaban (Municipality) to oversee management of the villages. What this all means in short is that in stead of the Village council getting a budget from the municipality and then having to look after such things as roads, water, electricity and sanitation, the municipality will take over this task and incorporate it with the rest of Amphur Muang. In theory, this sounds like a good idea because this will provide better services to the outlying areas and property prices might even increase due to better infrastructure.

This is how I understand the whole situation. Did you hear anything?

Offline RayBan

• Contributor with future
Re: Moo Ban system abandoned
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 09:36:30 PM »
My wife was the Oboto (Village council woman) for our village from July 2007 to July 2008. During the last couple of months of her term, the possibility of Buriram municipality taking over all functions of the local village councils was discussed on many occasions. I had long talks with Khun Suphot, the council chairman about this and he was all in favour of this development. Then during the middle of last month there were a round of elections all around Buriram to elect the new officials who would now be employed at the Tessaban (Municipality) to oversee management of the villages. What this all means in short is that in stead of the Village council getting a budget from the municipality and then having to look after such things as roads, water, electricity and sanitation, the municipality will take over this task and incorporate it with the rest of Amphur Muang. In theory, this sounds like a good idea because this will provide better services to the outlying areas and property prices might even increase due to better infrastructure.

This is how I understand the whole situation. Did you hear anything?

In my honest opinion Lourens, well I think it boils down to politics and Buriram in particular. We are having very similar problems in our "Tambon" here in Buriram and I think it goes to the heart of the matter that "Changwat Buriram" in general is seen to remain supporters of the current PPP and most importantly............our old friend ex PM Thaksin.

To this end we as Buriramites are going to face a difficult period, purely because our locality is seen as anti PAD and therefore against some of the most influential people in Thailand.................. cool1

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick