{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Yellow house book (Tabien Ban)  (Read 49434 times)

Offline disting

• Contributor with future
Yellow house book (Tabien Ban)
« on: October 20, 2009, 10:24:08 PM »
Hi
Has anyone applied and got the yellow tabien ban book in Buri Ram. Just after what info they required and where it was done.
Thanks

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
Re: Yellow house book (Tabien Ban)
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 11:12:53 PM »
Hi,

A foreigner can aquire a yellow house book (thai language:Tabian Ban Si Luang).

Best simple option:
Lease the property for more than 3 year and register it in the land office.
*Usually foreigners make a lease of the maximum period allowed by thai law: 30 years.
MOST IMPORTANT:
We are not talking about private contract between the Foreigner and a Thai national (in many cases,the girlfriend/wife).
The contract have to be registered in the Land office.

Than you go with the contract to the municipality office in the amphur/city where the land has been registered and show them the contract and ask/demand your "tabian ban".

Sometimes  confused5 the officers incharge will claim "farang mai dai" prove them wrong and tell them farang can do.  welcome1
Than, they can look into the thai law book they have in their office and surprise. confused4 "farang dai" / farang can do !  party1

*Of course no need to mention you should need to take along your passport as well.
**Your visa type has nothing to do about the house book.
As long as you are legaly staying in Thailand you can do the yellow house book.

If you need any further help with it pplease let us know and advice with us on the forum as well.
 sawadi

dave the dude

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 11:59:24 AM »
Hi
I have got one from Surin Amphur.
It should be noted that this gives you NO additional LEGAL rights to home ownership, but with it, you will never need further Residence Letters from the now far away Immigration Office.
Any questions and I will be happy to help.

Dave

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2009, 12:09:41 PM »
The legal right on the land is depand on the contract you "lock"/register in the land office.
Of course it's not giving you the right to sell the land/property itself.but with the right contract you can achieve few strong important LEGAL rights on it. At least until the lease expired.

dave the dude

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2009, 02:02:39 PM »
The legal right on the land is depand on the contract you "lock"/register in the land office.
Of course it's not giving you the right to sell the land/property itself.but with the right contract you can achieve few strong important LEGAL rights on it. At least until the lease expired.

Sorry, You are right and I did not make my previous post clear.
I was talking solely about the Yellow Tabien Baan book.

surrender1
Dave

Offline disting

• Contributor with future
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2009, 07:23:17 PM »
Thanks Dave.
Nice to hear that someone has got one. What did you need papers wise to get it?
Would like to know if anyone has got one in Buri Ram Amphur office. Just so I know if I will be the first falang to ask for one or not.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2009, 07:33:50 PM »
I have.

You'll not be the first farang in Buriram to get yellow house book.
(Farang get Yellow house book, Thai gets the blue one).

Documents:
Depand which root you choose to go.
If you lease the property/land. first register it in the land office.
The land office will give you the contract and their approved stamps on it.
after you pay their Fees.
Read here to get a review on property tax laws:

http://thailandlawonline.com/land_lease_online.html

http://www.buriramexpats.com/property/

Than you go to the amphur office and request for the yellow house book.

*Of course, take along with you Original passport + 2 copies.

Please advice here if you need further help with it.
 sawadi
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 08:10:13 PM by ADMIN »

dave the dude

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2009, 08:51:09 AM »
Thanks Dave.
Would like to know if anyone has got one in Buri Ram Amphur office. Just so I know if I will be the first falang to ask for one or not.

Much like most things here, it was a slow and painful process involving many photcopies  party13

I had to have an 'interview' at Amphur but that was easy as they got out my 'paperwork' relating to my marriage registration there, that seemed to have all the answers on it jumping8
Wife had to take ID card and HER tabien Baan AS DID the village Headman( Poo Yai Baan). I had previously got a Residence Letter from the now closed Kap Cheung to confirm Immigration were happy with my status.

IT WAS FREE TOO!
but as I like to be pre-armed, I would suggest a visit to your Amphur incase they have an information sheet on this subject.

Dave 

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2009, 10:40:48 PM »
Hi,

A foreigner can aquire a yellow house book (thai language:Tabian Ban Si Luang).

Best simple option:
Lease the property for more than 3 year and register it in the land office.
*Usually foreigners make a lease of the maximum period allowed by thai law: 30 years.
MOST IMPORTANT:
We are not talking about private contract between the Foreigner and a Thai national (in many cases,the girlfriend/wife).
The contract have to be registered in the Land office.

Than you go with the contract to the municipality office in the amphur/city where the land has been registered and show them the contract and ask/demand your "tabian ban".

Sometimes  confused5 the officers incharge will claim "farang mai dai" prove them wrong and tell them farang can do.  welcome1
Than, they can look into the thai law book they have in their office and surprise. confused4 "farang dai" / farang can do !  party1

*Of course no need to mention you should need to take along your passport as well.
**Your visa type has nothing to do about the house book.
As long as you are legaly staying in Thailand you can do the yellow house book.

If you need any further help with it pplease let us know and advice with us on the forum as well.
 sawadi

Hey . can i get a yellow house book if i bought my house from Government Auction (behind the Court Legal Enforcement Office )in my NAME ?  I am the outright Owner of the house...( not easy to buy either but i did it !) and how many years do i have to do to get Squaters Rights on the land !!!   Waiting for GOD to answer !!!!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 11:15:55 PM by ADMIN »

Offline Somnat

• Reliable reporter on the right way
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2009, 08:53:48 PM »
3100034, thanks for that information.

There is always conflicting talk about house and land issues.

When we paid for "our" house and land, I was the one that handed over the money at the Land Office. I expected to have to sign a "waiver" about this (as previously posted on many forums) transaction involving a Farang. It didnt happen, but the channot is not in MY name. No dramas there and I was not intrested if there was a way around this anyway.

Are you saying that you have purchased a property and have the channot in your name....company name?

Or are you talking about a 30 year "unferstruct" on the property? With a Thai somewhere involved?

Thanks

dave the dude

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2009, 09:33:23 PM »

When we paid for "our" house and land, I was the one that handed over the money at the Land Office. I expected to have to sign a "waiver" about this (as previously posted on many forums) transaction involving a Farang. It didnt happen, but the channot is not in MY name. No dramas there and I was not intrested if there was a way around this anyway.

Are you saying that you have purchased a property and have the channot in your name....company name?

Or are you talking about a 30 year "unferstruct" on the property? With a Thai somewhere involved?

Thanks
ANDI understand you own the house in your name, but who owns the land its sitting on?
I guess they would need to accompany you to Amphur, but I am honestly not sure.

Dave

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2009, 10:03:35 PM »

The Land after all my investigations belongs to Goverment ! even though i have seen documents signed in the Court selling it! So i have a house immovable property sitting on thai government Land and the Local Government Auction sold it to me....But i am interested in Squatters Rights and they have them here read it some time ago.......absent minded now! forgot tecnicalities

Going back to the deal you had in the land office you handed over money and you do not have the land in your name or company or wife who's name did you put it in ? Please tell we are all waiting to hear ! you a very gennerous CAN YOU BUY SOME FOR MY DOG not more than 1/2 rai and not more than 10 kilometers by road, because my dog gets tired.

Thanks

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2009, 10:23:33 PM »
Thanks Dave.

Much like most things here, it was a slow and painful process involving many photcopies  party13

I had to have an 'interview' at Amphur but that was easy as they got out my 'paperwork' relating to my marriage registration there, that seemed to have all the answers on it jumping8
Wife had to take ID card and HER tabien Baan AS DID the village Headman( Poo Yai Baan). I had previously got a Residence Letter from the now closed Kap Cheung to confirm Immigration were happy with my status.

IT WAS FREE TOO!
but as I like to be pre-armed, I would suggest a visit to your Amphur incase they have an information sheet on this subject.

Dave 
thanks Dave
IT WAS FREE TOO!!!                     THEY ARE VERY HAPPY BECAUSE ALL THE VILLAGERS LAND WENT UP IN VALUE SO THEY CAN BORROW MORE EQIUTY!!  He He He   BUT THEY BORROW IT FROM A FARRANG BANK OPPS OPPS !

dave the dude

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2009, 06:56:56 AM »
thanks Dave
IT WAS FREE TOO!!!                     THEY ARE VERY HAPPY BECAUSE ALL THE VILLAGERS LAND WENT UP IN VALUE SO THEY CAN BORROW MORE EQIUTY!!  He He He   BUT THEY BORROW IT FROM A FARRANG BANK OPPS OPPS !

Another happy story,well done. Which Bank is farang then?????

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2009, 05:49:36 PM »
Quote from: Dave the Dude . Which Bank is farang then?????
[/quote
Ever heard of HSBC ! Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation ( Midland Bank ) What about ( Bowrings )! ING ! you never heard of them! Maybe you should look more into UNSEEN THAILAND!!!!   and i am shure there is more like most of the Insurance Companies here to in UNSEEN THAILAND

Hieniken refreshes the parts other beers can not reach!!! Ever seen that Commercial!

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick