{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Any golfers on the forum?  (Read 9057 times)

Lourens

Any golfers on the forum?
« on: August 27, 2008, 05:14:00 PM »
Did anyone visit the new Buriram golf driving range? I'm not a golfer but it seems to be well laid out and already there are quite a few guys hitting golf balls around. It's on the south side of town.

Offline RayBan

• Contributor with future
Re: Any golfers on the forum?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 09:18:59 AM »
Did anyone visit the new Buriram golf driving range? I'm not a golfer but it seems to be well laid out and already there are quite a few guys hitting golf balls around. It's on the south side of town.

Hi Lourens,

I am a golfer and I am aware of a driving range on the right hand side when driving towards Big C etc from town. You do however say "New" Driving range................could you please post a bit more info on the location when you have time.

Thanks...........RayBan  cool1

Lourens

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 10:22:16 AM »
It is on the way out of town to Surin. Cross over the last traffic light past the old hotel traveling south. Go up the slight incline and the road turns to the left. Keep straight here and don't turn. There is a primary school on your right. This road then makes a turn to the right but you go straight. You will see the netting on your left and banners advertising the driving range. I hope you find it. You can PM me if you need more details and I will give you my phone number. The place is very near where I stay. (Moo 1).

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 10:34:25 AM »
Dear Lourens,as the place is near where you live, Maybe you can post few photos of the place?...  ::)  :-*
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 10:35:58 AM by ADMIN »

Offline RayBan

• Contributor with future
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 11:42:53 AM »
Thank you Admin/Lourens,

I am currently in my Dubai office, travel to Bangkok tomorrow. I will probably take a drive up to Buriram to come have a look sometime end of next week, I will be in touch then.

Thanks once again.............RayBan  cool1

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2008, 03:40:18 PM »

Hi Lourens,

I am a golfer and I am aware of a driving range on the right hand side when driving towards Big C etc from town. You do however say "New" Driving range................could you please post a bit more info on the location when you have time.

Thanks...........RayBan  cool1

Ray

The driving range you refer to opposite Makro is no more confused4 

Last time I passed it was a restaurant by the roadside part of it not sure what is happening to the rest of the land?  Anyone know?

TBWG sawadi

Lourens

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2008, 09:55:41 AM »
Dear Lourens,as the place is near where you live, Maybe you can post few photos of the place?...  ::)  :-*

Happy to oblige. Please keep in mind that I only used my phone camera. By the way, this place is right next o the RC Plane club flying area. Nice target practice I would think.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Lourens

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2008, 09:58:25 AM »
The range is 250m long.

Offline andylee

• Andy's Blog
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2008, 08:14:29 PM »
I went to the place last Sunday. Looks good. New mats, second hand ball dispensers but working order. New balls, though a couple my mate had had already been damaged. There a various flag targets to aim for, a green with water in front and a trampoline.
Balls are 3 trays (3x40) for 100 bht. There is a massage on site as well. Small golf shop. Food stall which looked clean.
There was no putting green or bunker to practice on, though there was a space which may have been set aside for the task.

I was impressed and will be going there again ... and again .... and again .... I am not a good golfer yet  :)

Offline Alanthebuilder

• Reliable reporter with future.
  • Alan the Builder
    • Alan The Builder : Build a house in Thailand
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2008, 05:23:50 AM »
Hi guys for people living more towards Surin. there’s a new driving range – bit top notch ,it’s a double Decker 2 tier joby very nice indeed .Its just past that new night club Boston on the right hand side , I see they have a teaching pro too , worth a visit, cheers Alan .Let the golf god be with you.    jumping9 jumping9 jumping9 jumping9 jumping9

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2010, 12:17:47 PM »
Bringing up this topic and attach a document of the Khao Kadong golf club.
It is a translation from Thai and might be not 100% accurate so need to confirm it with the Khao Kadong golf club.
*Taken from there 2 weeks ago.

sawadi

Offline garytaffy

• Contributor on the right way
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2010, 11:09:25 AM »
hi, quite fancy visiting the driving ranges and maybe the courses. Can you hire clubs at the venues or do you need all your own gear? If you cant rent are there any suggestions where purchases can be made? are the prices comparable with the Uk? Thanks

Offline dimple joe

• Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2010, 10:04:16 PM »
Not sure about the driving range but you can definitely hire clubs at the course

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick