{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Golden Virginia Tobacco  (Read 15648 times)

Offline geezer

Golden Virginia Tobacco
« on: October 03, 2009, 06:55:13 PM »
Hi ppl can anyone let me know if you can get golden virginia in buriram or thailand pls..as i am arriving in brr on the 19th of oct
and want to know if i have to bring my own from the uk...thanks in advance...geezer.. :biggrin:

dave the dude

Re: Golden Virginia Tobacco
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 08:27:33 PM »
Hi ppl can anyone let me know if you can get golden virginia in buriram or thailand pls..as i am arriving in brr on the 19th of oct
and want to know if i have to bring my own from the uk...thanks in advance...geezer.. :biggrin:

It is available in Thailand but at a price. The Farang Connection here in Surin used to do it. Im not sure about Gary's Bar/Minimart in Presat?
I would suggest bringing as much as the Customs allows.

Dave

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2009, 09:02:59 AM »

It is available in Thailand but at a price. The Farang Connection here in Surin used to do it. Im not sure about Gary's Bar/Minimart in Presat?
I would suggest bringing as much as the Customs allows.

Dave
For some reason it is a lot more expensive than Old Holborn but readily available in Pattaya.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2009, 09:24:14 AM »
Available in Pattaya but Where??

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2009, 11:44:52 AM »
Available in Pattaya but Where??
The 2 places which have the very good selections of tobaccos ,incl OH,& a good selection of cigars are Modern City on Beach Road,& Best Supermarket opp Topps,Pattaya Klang

Offline pbee

• Contributor with future
  • COOL HAND LUKE ?
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2009, 01:25:47 AM »
I do not think golden Virginia can be bought in Buriram, have never seen any on sale in five years or any other UK tobacco. I have never seen UK style papers neither. The Thai papers have no glue and are very thick,compared to Rizla,s. Do not try to bring more than the allowance through the airport,especially if stopping in the Arab States. It is very tempting to buy in the duty free,but the penalties are very severe,eg big fines and you lose your baccy. The best bet is to buy in Bangkok, but watch out for snide stuff. If you can smoke Thai tobacco it is very cheap,but very rough. Enjoy your stay. :)

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2009, 09:47:21 AM »
I do not think golden Virginia can be bought in Buriram, have never seen any on sale in five years or any other UK tobacco. I have never seen UK style papers neither. The Thai papers have no glue and are very thick,compared to Rizla,s. Do not try to bring more than the allowance through the airport,especially if stopping in the Arab States. It is very tempting to buy in the duty free,but the penalties are very severe,eg big fines and you lose your baccy. The best bet is to buy in Bangkok, but watch out for snide stuff. If you can smoke Thai tobacco it is very cheap,but very rough. Enjoy your stay. :)
The fines are x 10 the cost,,,,& you'll get locked up until you are able to pay!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline pbee

• COOL HAND LUKE ?
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2009, 01:58:36 AM »
That's sure to spoil your holiday,plus it will probably go on a record somewhere and flag up on a computer on another visit. It is worth noting that bags are scanned on your homeward flight also. Thailand is having a crackdown on counterfeit goods,so having half a dozen Gucci handbags bought off the market as prezzies is not good. Imagine the fine for that,plus you would invariably miss your flight as well.Buriram seems to have most things a European would want, that's why I tend to travel light and buy my clothes in town. Batteries and disposable razors I bring from home. Much better quality.Be back soon,are you bums meeting up in Dec ? Take care people. cool2

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2009, 10:12:00 AM »
That's sure to spoil your holiday,plus it will probably go on a record somewhere and flag up on a computer on another visit. It is worth noting that bags are scanned on your homeward flight also. Thailand is having a crackdown on counterfeit goods,so having half a dozen Gucci handbags bought off the market as prezzies is not good. Imagine the fine for that,plus you would invariably miss your flight as well.Buriram seems to have most things a European would want, that's why I tend to travel light and buy my clothes in town. Batteries and disposable razors I bring from home. Much better quality.Be back soon,are you bums meeting up in Dec ? Take care people. cool2
As posted earlier,anyone getting caught seems to have bought the stuff in the DF shops,in Dubai,Bahrein,Doha,Muscat etc etc which would indicate that tha autorities there inform Thai Customs of your ticket data as you have to give your ticket in when making the perchase!!!!

Offline bonghead

• http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2011, 12:32:58 PM »
golden virginia tobacco Oct 2009 any update on buying in Buriram would be apprecated

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2011, 04:35:44 PM »
golden virginia tobacco Oct 2009 any update on buying in Buriram would be apprecated
Read info above. I don't think it is available... maybe its a sign you should consider quit smoking... winkboy

Offline bonghead

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2011, 10:34:14 AM »
Thanks looks like its back to Pattaya every two or three months to stock up.  jumping8 jumping8

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2011, 09:21:01 PM »
Nookie now has Golden Virginia in regular stock ,,,,,,,,270 baht/50 grams!!!!

Offline Nate

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2011, 05:39:03 PM »
what's wrong with Krong Thip?

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2011, 09:39:16 AM »
Didnt realise we had so many 'roll your own' up here,,,,,Will; be back in stock on my return from Sin City next Saturday 12th November

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Dentist by Thai Bart
June 13, 2024, 11:34:50 AM

Re: House moving by Gerry
June 11, 2024, 03:39:27 PM

House moving by GEOFFREY
June 11, 2024, 01:51:03 AM

Re: Dentist by dundeemk6
June 09, 2024, 03:49:48 PM

Re: Dentist by Thai Bart