{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: REGULAR GET-TOGETHERS  (Read 62089 times)

HappyinIsaan

REGULAR GET-TOGETHERS
« on: January 18, 2008, 04:11:09 PM »
Buriram province covers a large area, from Satuk in the north the Ban Kruat in the south,, the east to west being a little narrower.

Especially for newcomers and occasional visitors, it would be nice if they were to know where and when to find other farangs for a chat. I am aware that there are regular "meets" in Ban Kruat and Prakhonchai, and doubtless there are in many other towns. Hopefully members can expand on this and give information.

I will start the ball rolling.

Prakhonchai - In the vicinity of the bus station, in a small shop opposite the terminal. 4pm every Friday, and mornings on 4th 14th and 24th of every month.. 4-14 farangs usually. You can't miss us!

Offline Thaddeus

Re: REGULAR GET-TOGETHERS
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2008, 02:58:35 PM »
Do you go to the German Restaurant owned by Deiter?

You can find me there most Tuesdays and Fridays, around 4pm.

HappyinIsaan

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2008, 05:16:41 PM »
Dieter's restaurant is very good. Don't go regularly, although there seem to be people there most days when I drive by. It would be a far better meeting place than the bus station, but watching the girls passing the bus station on their way to and from the Friday market beats looking at Dieter hands down!  No offence intended.

Offline RayBan

• Contributor with future
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2008, 09:14:26 PM »
I have been at the bus station venue one time.............at the invitation of prakhonchainick..............I met a fgew local farangs which was really nice.

However, wow were the concrete seats uncomfortable and cramped. I for one would support a weekly meet at Dieter's restaurant in  Prakhon Chai..............if for nothing else but top support his attempts to give a sevice to the locasl Farangs.

If you are German, well you cannot fail to enjoy.................as a Brit, I was introduced to a Yagerschnitzel...........gut-buster!!!!!!!!!!

I am interested in forming a Farang meet in this place for sure and support Thad's suggestion................ 8)..................happyinisaan, maybe we have already met!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Thaddeus

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2008, 10:03:32 PM »
as a Brit, I was introduced to a Yagerschnitzel...........gut-buster!!!!!!!!!!
I tried to suggest to Deiter that he just did a half portion, but he said that he couldn't do that as he would be stuck with the other half...... I told him that he wouldn't as I would come back and eat the other half the next day.

There needs to be a melding of German and English logic here. ;)

Offline Eric

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2008, 09:36:54 PM »
Hello all, new to the site, looks great!  Look forward to seeing how it goes with the regular meetings.  Am returning to Buriram after long absence to set up new digs, look forward to meeting many of you.

HappyinIsaan

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2008, 09:27:57 AM »
I
I am interested in forming a Farang meet in this place for sure and support Thad's suggestion................ 8)..................happyinisaan, maybe we have already met!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Over to you Ray.  Much better than the bus station, where it is even more unpleasant now as everyone sits in a line facing the road. Suggest a day (perhaps better to avoid Friday initially as a conflict of interest) and I'm sure many will come. You think we've already met. mmmmmmmm - now let me think..............!

Offline bogeye

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2008, 05:54:26 AM »
HI i would like to offer our premises for a possible meeting place for buriram expats it is quite big with plenty of seating and think it would be an ideal venue regards DOWN UNDER BAR SOI VONG-thong

HappyinIsaan

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2008, 08:39:31 AM »
In Prakhonchai, near the bus station and directly opposite the large flower and plant centre (not exactly a garden centre), I am told an Irish pub will open very soon. Provisionally to be called the Shamrock, it will serve drinks and pub food. Hope it catches on.

Offline RayBan

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2008, 09:47:13 PM »
In Prakhonchai, near the bus station and directly opposite the large flower and plant centre (not exactly a garden centre), I am told an Irish pub will open very soon. Provisionally to be called the Shamrock, it will serve drinks and pub food. Hope it catches on.

I checked this same info out only 2 days ago with Prakhonchai Nick and he indicated that this is due to open next week. This could hopefully turn out to be a good meeting place...............I will certainly be following this particular subject up personally.... 8)

HappyinIsaan

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2008, 06:22:01 PM »
Next week for the Shamrock opening might be a bit optimistic. When I looked a week ago, there were so many workers that they were practically falling over themselves, yet not much progress was apparent.

Basically just the finishing touches remain plus painting. And most importantly, getting the ale in.

Look forward to meeting up there soon with Rayban, Prakhonchai Nick and many others.

Offline h2o

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2008, 11:12:35 AM »
Ludo,s in bankadon is back open and he has started the pool comp. every saturday at 4 pm again.

Offline bankadon

• Time Out Fishing Park
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2008, 12:47:46 PM »
Hi there, if you like fishing than Time-Out is the place to be. It is open every day from 12.00-22.00 and closed on Mondays. Every Saturday afternoon farangs meet together, listen to good music and play pool. At the moment the water in the pond is low but fishing still possible. Thai food is served and 1 western dish. Take a look at the website : www.bankadon.info
Time Out is located 10km outside Prakhonchai on the road 24 to Prasat. At the intersection in Ban Pintong turn left and follow the tarmac road for about 5km till it turns into a dirt track. There is Time Out. You can't miss it.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 10:11:00 PM by ADMIN »

Offline farangguy

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2008, 10:20:32 PM »
I went this road 2 days ago didnt saw any sign leads to your place, you should put a sign from the highway.

Sure I'll give you a visit next time I'm around.

8)

Offline bankadon

• Time Out Fishing Park
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2008, 12:14:20 PM »
There is no sign on the highway 24 but there is only one crossroads between Prakhonchai and Prasat, all the others are T-junctions. There is small police box and a small petrol station where you have to turn of. Looking forwoard to see you. Last week a Swedish guy called Daniel caught a nice fish about 15 kilo. There are some pictures of that fish on the website on the page Fishingpark. www.bankadon.info
Happy Songkran every body. ;)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 04:55:12 PM by ADMIN »

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod