{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Books in English language.  (Read 17655 times)

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
Books in English language.
« on: August 14, 2008, 01:41:15 PM »
Dear Buriramians. love5

Just came back from a book store "DOK YA BOOKSTORE" On Thanon Thanni road opposite "Bamboo Bar", you can find there nice books in english language.
Not many books,however at least its there.
I have to say that I also found some Dutch books there..
Just wanted to let you know.

*If someone knows about more places or people interesting to exchange used books please post it here. !  party3

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 04:57:49 PM by ADMIN »

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
Re: Books in English language.
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2009, 03:35:49 PM »
Hi,

Just added this link of an online book shop.use it.
I made my research on the net and they consider to be with the most variety of books in many languages as well.English,Dutch,French and more.
As for prices they also consider to be relatively cheap-fair prices.

It's the best ONLINE source for books in Thailand.
BUY BOOKS ONLINE, fast & cheap delivery

Enjoy. sawadi

« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 05:08:57 PM by ADMIN »

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 07:42:21 AM »
Hi i have some books in english/thai (new) very funny easy reading not in technical jibberish but infomative ! Thai Penal Code and Civil and Comercial Code  :D :D     Big Fonts 1 page in Thai and the next in Eglish
There is some things in them for everyone !   
Did you know that if someone has sex with your wife they have to pay you compensation?

Under the ammended Constitution of Thailand did you know that thailand is indivisable can not be devided 76 jangwatt is illegal. calling isaan isaan is illegal division

By the way there is many bits that protect Farang ( but it does say ignorance of the law is no excuse )..

Do you know what the maximum Fine is for having sex in you car on the public street and the side walk?  you can find out! :D :D :D

biggrin1
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 09:27:29 AM by ADMIN »

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2009, 11:17:45 AM »
There are also good amount of books available to exchange/buy in "cafe connection" place. check it out with Rocky.
http://www.buriramexpats.com/goingout/

Offline tonypace01

• Contributor with future
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2009, 05:31:01 PM »
Are there in Buriram any stores, outlets, or community organizations that sell books in English, new or used?

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2009, 05:35:54 PM »
Rockey's place "Coffee Connection" trade books, you can buy or rent them, Exchange.

He hae a big stock of books there, many are almost new.

Give him a visit you might find something interesting to read for yourself. crazydance

Map direction to "coffee connection" place:(Jira road,Buriram City)
http://www.buriramexpats.com/wp-content/gallery/maps/buriram-map.jpg
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 07:42:21 PM by ADMIN »

Offline tommynew

• http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2011, 06:34:45 PM »
Can anybody tell me about the bookshop in Buriram, ie language, new/second hand books
Thanks
PS a Phone number for the shop if anybody has it

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2011, 07:52:01 PM »
See info above.  thumbup

Offline paddys

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2011, 08:06:03 PM »
Paddys bar has an exchange book system.

Offline PBarnfeather

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2011, 07:07:24 AM »
Here are three places to get free books online: Project Gutenberg -- Thousands of classics.
                                                                      ManyBooks.net -- Like it says, and they are free.
                                                                      Baen Free Library -- Science fiction, my favorite

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2011, 09:18:01 AM »
Here are three places to get free books online: Project Gutenberg -- Thousands of classics.
                                                                      ManyBooks.net -- Like it says, and they are free.
                                                                      Baen Free Library -- Science fiction, my favorite

Thank you for the info! wave1

The links:

Project Gutenberg
http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page

ManyBooks.net
http://manybooks.net/

Baen Free Library
http://www.baen.com/library/

sawadi

Offline tommynew

• http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2011, 04:03:49 PM »
Thanks to all Tom

isanbirder

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2011, 06:42:11 AM »
I checked out the manybooks site last night, and found that many, probably the majority, of their books were simply copies of the Gutenberg transcripts.  The only additions are a few books which have recently come out of copyright (a couple of Dorothy Sayers novels, for example).   A reader had commented, on one transcript, that it was full of errors.

I have been using Gutenberg for a while, and found the transcripts generally excellent (if you read it on MS Word, you can edit the mistakes yourself).

These sites are excellent for books first printed before about 1920-30.  If you want anything more recent, you have to go to Amazon or one of many other sites, which sell you the use of the text for one reading only... at something quite near the price of a paperback.

In Thailand we cannot, as far as I know, buy e-book readers;  you have to bring one in from overseas, or else, as I do, use your computer.  Frankly, I do not like reading a book on a desktop, but currently have no other option for many titles.

Offline fox

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2011, 03:48:20 PM »
isanbirder, you can buy e-book readers in Thailand.
for example the iPad of Apple is available all over Thailand and can use it as ebook reader, apart of it I also do not like to read books over the internet on PC its just my eyes getting tired faster than if I would read on a plain white paper, can lie down on the bed and read a book. much more convenience. I think its amazing how books has survived and still hasn't transformed 100% to the digital or internet media as it was believed in the past that this is the new trend and books will soon gone away from our world.
digital pictures also great refreshing idea for itself for the last decade but it cannot in any way change a real pictures album.
Digital media is great and has great impact on our life and information transform and sharing but in the same time impact relationships between people for bad.
more people are just not going out or meeting their friends in facebook. I see more and more people meeting their friends in coffee shop just to sit side by side with their laptop!
Amazing world if you ask me.  :)

isanbirder

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2011, 05:06:16 PM »
Fox, I agree with everything you say... but I live in the back of beyond, and cannot easily buy books locally.  This makes an ebook reader a virtual necessity.  Even the sites offering out-of-copyright books contain much of what I want (and many things virtually unobtainable in book form).

I'm going to Chiangmai next month where I will stay with an Apple enthusiast, so I can check out the latest things available with him.  I get confused between iPad and iPod... I thought iPad was the little one.  I think my friend has an iPod, which he says is comfortable for reading books;  whichever, he bought his in England because he couldn't get it here. Anyway, for members generally, I'll report back what I find out.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick