{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Retirement Visa / Private pensions here in thailand informati could be usefull !  (Read 7035 times)

Some of us have pensions overseas some may have private pensions overseas if you buy one here WHAT happens ?

Maybe ADMIN can give us the details!!!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 06:45:52 PM by ADMIN »

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
Have no idea about buying pension in Thailand. Maybe I should check this information better, or maybe you explaiin better your intention and question.. ?  surrender1

1 you have to show 400,000 baht married ( but my case 800,000) Thai bank   ( this under immigration rules is for people over 50 but they also give to people under (not that i have seen in the rules))

2 you have to show 800,000 baht single thai bank ( this under immigration rules is for people over 50 but they also give to people under (not that i have seen in the rules))

now idea there are more and more forrieng banks 51% thai owned  (not sure they are but someone might check this out ),,, some of these banks  i think have insurance companies or deal and do lots of (connected) works so if you know about private pensions you can put lump sums in 400.000/800.000 in ok that means you have money here in a bank, And you will have (more than likely ) life cover on it too!
and you set up when you want your pension to start from you can set minimuim or maximum yearly payout! 
so the non expat under the retirement age to get Goverment pension gets private one

And so meets requirements..

can someone look up and quote immigration rules ie. copy and paste here!

now these companies are so big now they are international funds can be repositioned in any country....Prudential is UK based here and 5 years ago we never saw them... HSBC hongkong and shaghai banking corporation,,, who are global players they do have head office in bangkok and i belive they will be all over the place soon or they will buy out another bank..  Zurich insurance i think holds alot for Ayhutia insurance ... many others bo to ( can some of you check this and post )

REmember here a straight line is not straight it a zig zag (see saw )

hopefully i might have got some of you thinking !!!!

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
So you're talking about Retirement Visa.

*The way you offering to bypass the requirements to show money in Thai bank is interesting.. umm creative way something..  confused4  confused5

So,have you done it this way?  :biggrin:

See some details and rules:Retirement Visa.

Retirement (Non Imm O-A)       
Thursday, 02 April 2009 
Non-Immigrant Visa  “O-A” (Long Stay) Extension   

This type of visa may be issued to applicants aged 50 years and over who wish to stay in  Thailand for a period of not exceeding 1 year without the intention of working. 

Holder of this type of visa is allowed to stay in Thailand for 1 year.  Employment of any kind is strictly prohibited.

1. Eligibility

1.1 Applicant must be aged 50 years and over (on the day of submitting application).

1.2 Applicant not prohibited from entering the Kingdom as provided by the Immigration Act B.E. 2522 (1979).

1.3 Having no criminal record in Thailand and the country of the applicant’s nationality or residence.

1.4 Having the nationality of or residence in the country where applicant’s application is submitted.

1.5 Not having prohibitive diseases ( Leprosy, Tuberculosis, drug addiction, Elephantiasis, third phase of Syphilis) as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No. 14  B.E. 2535.

2. Required Documents

- Passport with validity of not less than 18 months.

- 3 copies of completed visa application forms.

- 3 passport-sized photos (4 x 6 cm) of the applicant taken within the past six

months.

- A personal data form.

-A copy of bank statement showing a deposit of the amount equal to and not less than 800,000 Baht or an income certificate (an original copy) with a monthly income of not less than 65,000 Baht, or a deposit account plus a monthly income totalling not less than 800,000 Baht.

- In the case of submitting a bank statement, a letter of guarantee from the bank (an original copy) is required.

- A letter of verification issued from the country of his or her nationality or residence stating that the applicant has no criminal record (verification shall be valid for not more than three months and should be notarised by notary organs or the applicant’s diplomatic or consular mission).

- A medical certificate issued from the country where the application is submitted, showing no prohibitive diseases as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No.14 (B.E. 2535) (certificate shall be valid for not more than three months and should be notarised by notary organs or the applicant’s diplomatic or consular mission).

- In the case where the accompanying spouse is not eligible to apply for  the Category ‘O-A’ (Long Stay) visa, he or she will be considered for temporary stay under Category ‘O’ visa.  A marriage certificate must be provided as evidence and should be notarised by notary organs or by the applicant’s diplomatic or consular mission.

3. Channels to submit application

Applicant may submit their application at the Royal Thai embassy or Royal Thai Consulate-General in their home/residence country or at the Office of the Immigration Bureau in Thailand located on Soi Suan Plu, South Sathorn Road, Sathorn District, Bangkok 10120. Tel 0-2287-4948 (direct)  or  0-2287-3101 - 10  ext. 2236. Or applicant must submit their application at their local Immigration office.

4. Visa fee

2,000 Baht for single entry
            5,000 Baht for multiple entries

5. Recommendations for foreigners with Non-Immigrant Visa “O-A” (Long Stay) while staying in the Kingdom

5.1  Upon arrival, holder of this type of visa will be permitted to stay in Thailand for 1 year from the date of first entry.  During the one-year period, if he or she wishes to leave and re-enter the country, he or she is required to apply at the Immigration office for re-entry permit (single or multiple) before departure.  In the case of leaving the country without a re-entry permit, the permit to stay for 1 year shall be considered void.

5.2  At the end of the 90-day stay , the foreigner must report to the immigration officer in his or her residence area and report again every 90 days during his or her stay in Thailand.  The foreigner may report to the police station if there is no immigration office in his or her residence area.

5.3  Foreigner may report to the competent authority by post and should provide the following:

- A report form (Tor Mor 47).

- A copy of passport pages showing the foreigner’s photo, personal details, and the latest arrival visa stamp.   

-  A copy of the previous receipt of acknowledgement. 

- A self-addressed envelope with postage affixed.

Such documents must be sent to the Office of the Immigration Bureau, Soi Suan Plu, South Sathorn Road, Sathorn District, Bangkok 10120, and must be submitted 7 days before the end of every 90-day period.  A receipt of acknowledgement will be given and should be used for future correspondence. 

5.4  Foreigner who wishes to extend his or her stay shall submit a request for extension of stay at the Office of the Immigration Bureau with documented evidence of money transfer or a deposit account in Thailand or an income certificate showing an amount of not less than 800,000 Baht or an income certificate plus a deposit account showing a total amount of not less than 800,000 Baht.  A one-year extension of stay shall be granted at the discretion of the immigration officer to the foreigner as long as he or she meets the above requirements.

http://www.mfa.go.th/web/2482.php?id=2493 

But am i am not 100% sure. i believe it is extended to people under 50 who are married ?

If you know where to go and who to contact !  you can get a visa for one year for 18,000 baht and you will get your visa out of the immigration office and no money in bank  they will put money in and out for you !
Anything is posible here.

I did it 4 years ago !!! without leaving the country only one long day in Bangkok!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 07:18:03 PM by ADMIN »

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
But am i am not 100% sure. i believe it is extended to people under 50 who are married ?

If you know where to go and who to contact !  you can get a visa for one year for 18,000 baht and you will get your visa out of the immigration office and no money in bank  they will put money in and out for you !

I did it 4 years ago !!! without leaving the country only one long day in Bangkok!

what company doing this service? Web link may help many of us here.

what company doing this service? Web link may help many of us here.

Private individuals and you pay nothing till afterwards or you do not get your bank book and ATM back and passport back they hold it while you are inspecting it ,,,,,   I see them every time i go down there working they must be doing about 10/20 a day everybody gets paid well imagine there is 3 of them with the immigration officer  and every customer minimum 1000 baht each where can an immigration get 10/20,000 bonus every day ,,,5 days a week you do not want to take a holiday and these people phsyically run    WOW who said thai's are lazy!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 07:58:57 PM by ADMIN »

dave the dude

THE LAW CHANGED AROUND 2 YEARS AGO TO STOP THIS LOOPHOLE. This is taken from Thai Police Order 777/2551 – translated by Issan Lawyers

2.22 In the case of a retiree: Permission will be granted for a period of not more
than 1 year at a time.
2.23 In the case of visiting
family or return of a former Thai national or a person whose father or mother is or
once was a Thai:
Permission will be
granted for a period of
not more than 1 year at a time.
2.24 In the case of an alien
visiting a Thai spouse or child:
Permission
will be granted for a period of not more than 60 days at a time
(1) The alien has obtained a temporary visa (NON-IM);
(2) The applicant is 50 years of age or over;
(3) Proof of income of not less than Baht 65,000 per month; or
(4) Account deposit with a bank in Thailand of not less than
800,000 Baht as shown in the bank account for the past 3 months at the filing date of the application. For the first year, the applicant should have that amount in his bank account for not less than 60 days or
(5) Annual income plus bank account deposit totaling not less
than Baht 800,000 as of the filing date of application
(6) For an alien who entered Thailand before October 21,
1998 and continuously allowed to stay in the Kingdom as a
retiree, the following shall apply:
(a) He/she must be 60 years of age or over and has regular
income. His/her bank account deposit shall not be less than Baht 200,000 a year and evidence of the account deposit for the
previous 3 months must be shown; or he/she has a monthly income of not less than Baht 20,000.
(b) If he/she is under 60 years of age but not less than 55,
the alien shall have regular income with a bank account deposit of not less than Baht 500,000 a year and evidence of the account deposit for the previous 3 months must be shown, or he/she has a monthly income of not less than 50,000 baht
(1)
Proof of original Thai nationality or of his/her parent being a Thai or once a Thai.
(1)

ok i am a bit confused here because i know a forrienger who is under 50 married and has to show 400,000 (what rule is that )

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick