{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Thai Highway Code has anyone translated this into english so we can drive !!!  (Read 7500 times)

They sell a highway code book here i have one somewhere!

When is one of you expats experts going to translate this into English and give it to ADMIN so we can drive like the locals.

Where can i get a driving licence ( rot tick or tick tick or Quien ?)

By the way have any of you driven there home made farm car ....... i have 100 mts... i thought i was going to have a heart attack Brakes what brakes!!! Stering mussels like poppye stering drifting non stop ... please try and drive one you will take alot more care affterwards. confused4
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 02:19:07 PM by ADMIN »

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
Hi,

Found an interesting website about "How to drive in Thailand" , Take a look:

http://driving.information.in.th/

love5  sawadi

Quote FROM ABOVE SITE

It was just a few years ago when it was possible to purchase a driving licence without passing any test whatsoever and a lot of the licensed drivers from that period have failed to gain sufficient experience to drive safely and are still out there...

ARE insurance company's thinking we are going to pay for thier mistake again
Surley insurance company's should give westerner's 50 % discount ... And all these insurace company's are western ones Check it out

When you have a accident here you have to pay 500 baht for every panel on a car if you hit a thai we have to pay 1000 baht check it out if a motorcycle hits you the Police will try like hell to make out it's your fault and you have the insurance agent there ( he will not help you only the Police and then he will help you to make a claim that it's your fault and your premium goes up and it does belive me ! even if you are stationary and someone hits you! do not sign nothing in police station have phone Numbers for KFC/PIZZA Company/Burger King/MacDonals in your phone if you have GPS good idea too! you can Order food delivered to Police station .... Be prepared for about 4 hours keep cool  they will then understand you know how the system works ( do not let your loved one rule you may leave earlier but she may make you sign documents that not good for you via insurance and you pay when your policy goes up !!!!  WHO is she PROTECTING....  all big fast food delivery services call centre's have English Section ......

If the Police stop you a want a breath test !!!
1 ask them to blow into it FIRST to check that you can see it's working properly.

2 the nozzel on the machine they do not have cover's so refuse HIV possability.

3 be sure to pull of the road pavement ok dirt OK ( Tanon/soi ) no no no if you are off the road it is only an Offence if you are checked if your vechicle is on the road/street when you are checked  Know the Law use it for your avantage Thai's do!!!! keep cool tell the loved one not to speak !!! trouble if she does! 
welcome1
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 04:43:41 PM by ADMIN »

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
They sell a highway code book here i have one somewhere!

When is one of you expats experts going to translate this into English and give it to ADMIN so we can drive like the locals.

Where can i get a driving licence ( rot tick or tick tick or Quien ?)

By the way have any of you driven there home made farm car ....... i have 100 mts... i thought i was going to have a heart attack Brakes what brakes!!! Stering mussels like poppye stering drifting non stop ... please try and drive one you will take alot more care affterwards. confused4
The Highway Code is available here in English at any test centre.When you go to take your driving test you will be given one to look thro but not to keep!!!!!!!

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick