{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: UK Expat pensions case gets to court.  (Read 18860 times)

Re: UK Expat pensions case gets to court.
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2009, 02:37:39 AM »

i think you can all have the pension your entittle to easy have a european address put it in a european bank and transfer as usual ( what do you think they are going to make you report every 90 days like here ,,, or 14 days for unemployment benafit,)

Go ahead and get yourself a European address - in fact why not one in the Phillipines. But believe me - one day after 1 year, 5 years or even 10 the pension people will find out you have lied to them and the penalty will be very severe!

Agree 100% Thaidog surrender1. I came here to make my life simple and don't need to 'look over my shoulder' about anything.
The HMC&E are one instutition not to mess around with!
Anyway this country has already got its fair share of villains and nutcases IMHO  confused2

Dave

Thank you above you know best an address in the Phillipines will get you the same problems i see you can not understand it may be better for those who do not understand to move to a britsh coloney you will not have any problems there is that simple enough for you... Your right in a british coloney is the same as UK GOT IT !!!!

you can look up british colonies yes / no

Socalist not Communist / Dictatorship... if you do not understand the differance look it up !!!!  ARE your family from where Sorry planet Vulcan or planet Earth ...

dave the dude

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2009, 02:54:48 PM »

i think you can all have the pension your entittle to easy have a european address put it in a european bank and transfer as usual ( what do you think they are going to make you report every 90 days like here ,,, or 14 days for unemployment benafit,)

Go ahead and get yourself a European address - in fact why not one in the Phillipines. But believe me - one day after 1 year, 5 years or even 10 the pension people will find out you have lied to them and the penalty will be very severe!

Agree 100% Thaidog surrender1. I came here to make my life simple and don't need to 'look over my shoulder' about anything.
The HMC&E are one instutition not to mess around with!
Anyway this country has already got its fair share of villains and nutcases IMHO  confused2

Dave

Thank you above you know best an address in the Phillipines will get you the same problems i see you can not understand it may be better for those who do not understand to move to a britsh coloney you will not have any problems there is that simple enough for you... Your right in a british coloney is the same as UK GOT IT !!!!

you can look up british colonies yes / no

Socalist not Communist / Dictatorship... if you do not understand the differance look it up !!!!  ARE your family from where Sorry planet Vulcan or planet Earth ...

Hi 31000345

I am sorry, but I disagree that life is that simple to trick the English Government.

I find your posts to be bordering on being offensive and belittling to some people who have dealt with that government for over half a century. We are not all Fool,Vulcans, Martians or even Commies.
UK Border Control and Worldwide Embassy computers are linked to The Revenue Dept so I do not believe(yes I do NOT know) our travel movements could remain invisible for long.

From your use of grammar, I would summise you are not British, so how does this affect you or is it you wish you were British?  :D :D
 jumping8
Dave   

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2009, 04:16:33 PM »

With all new passports now having a bar code HMG can keep tabs on your movements with ease. It is only a matter of time before everyone has a new passport with Big Brother monitoring your movements..

What p****s me off is that after a lifetime of working and paying tax/NI they wish to wriggle out of a few pennies but dish out shed loads to immigrants.

TBWG sawadi

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2009, 04:50:48 PM »
Hi  Dave

your Quote
UK Border Control and Worldwide Embassy computers are linked to The Revenue Dept so I do not believe(yes I do NOT know) our travel movements could remain invisible for long.

Unfortunatly born in london not my choice ok.

I like your quote but i lost by it a little before i left the uk i ent to the Revenue Dept. mades shure all my Income Tax affairs  were in order informed them that i was leaving and gave them an address in thailand ..They got me to sign various forms all ok so far.  

Now the problem is WHY AM I STILL PAYING TAXES TO DATE ON ALL ACCOUNTS IN UK when i am way below the income tax theshold...
So if UK Border Control is working Then I must be still THERE I feel that they are unlikely to get there act together ...
Perhaps it would be nice IF WE THOUGHT OUR COUNTRY CARED ANYTHING ABOUT US my view they do not!
and being a former contractor to the british government and royal family and a loyal tax payer meens absolutly nothing!!Goverments in all countries in my veiw care only about themselves.

Just a small point When Harold Willson was PM ( labour) they allowed us all in the uk to have a maximum 6 pounds a week pay rise THE GOVERMENT TOOK 6% pay rise for themselves to which was many fold more times what they allowed the people.

No Government cares about the people they care only about "revenue"
All  Leaders of power allways come out many fold richer than they went in.  They only look after themselves. My veiw all governments are dictatorships and if they give us a little with one hand and they take double with the other. Yes goverments do make improvements slowly but look at the faces of the Brits when you go back happy or misserable...most of us (sorry) i left because over controled system not the Country i used to love . Just look at it this simple WE ALLWAYS PAY or LOOSE!!

It is good here to get dibate going make us use that GREY MATTER!!!

« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2009, 05:53:25 PM »
Hi TBWG
"What p****s me off is that after a lifetime of working and paying tax/NI they wish to wriggle out of a few pennies but dish out shed loads to immigrants."

But there is a reason ask ADMIN to forward you VIDEO about  "demograph...wmv " i sent him this will help you get a broader veiw UK population is dropping!  with less and less people
NO REVENUE getting smaller it has to pay our Pensions ( by the way this year you do not Have to pay or work or contribute NI as many years as you did before it has dropped by about 5 years worth if you have paid every year for all your full working life then you paid too much sorry same as Thailand NO REFUND but some of you may not have paid enough so it will help OK ... )

Now the problem of the country  UK does has not as we thought SAVED AND INVESTED our contribitions as most of us thought instead it uses it as cash flow... 

So what can government do borrow to pay us i do not think so ( bad risk )

So get immagrants in (dangle carrot  free bee's they come they love it) they find TREASURE ISLAND ( by the way this is Nick Name for UK as told to me from asians who live in the UK 20 years ago) everything fine now we give with one hand and take with the other sooner or later they have to work and pay the system which we all paid into .

THEY ARE GOING TO PAY OUR PENSIONS this is british goverment idea!

But we are not government (MP'S do one term in office and get a pension for life THEY LOOK AFTER THEMSELVES )  they are going to pay eventually the money will run out most of us will be dead!   

But is rather funny that it maybe that our pensions. REMEMBER MP's they want their pension too ! so it goes on THE PYRAMID SYSTEM !!!

WE ALL COMPLAIN who listen's ..... my father allways said "WE ARE CANNON FODDER" so do what you can get it any way you can ( MP's ),
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 07:16:24 PM by ADMIN »

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2009, 05:42:23 AM »

Now the problem is WHY AM I STILL PAYING TAXES TO DATE ON ALL ACCOUNTS IN UK when i am way below the income tax theshold...

You are probably paying tax on all your accounts because you have failed to do anything about it.

If you are under 65 (and therefore not receiving state pension) you -as a British citizen regardless of where in the world you live - have a tax allowance for this year of £6475. If you are over 65 or indeed will be 65 in the current TAX year which ends 5th April 2010 you will have a tax allowance of around £9500

Provided your pensions, interest on bank/building society accounts etc do not exceed these allowances, then you are not eligible to pay tax. You need to complete form R85 and forward it/them to all your account holders, to have interest paid free of tax deduction (Gross), You can also file a claim against the inland revenue for the return of tax paid for the past 6 years.

You may well be in for a nice little windfall!

« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2009, 03:07:36 PM »

You are probably paying tax on all your accounts because you have failed to do anything about it.

If you are under 65 (and therefore not receiving state pension) you -as a British citizen regardless of where in the world you live - have a tax allowance for this year of £6475. If you are over 65 or indeed will be 65 in the current TAX year which ends 5th April 2010 you will have a tax allowance of around £9500

Provided your pensions, interest on bank/building society accounts etc do not exceed these allowances, then you are not eligible to pay tax. You need to complete form R85 and forward it/them to all your account holders, to have interest paid free of tax deduction (Gross), You can also file a claim against the inland revenue for the return of tax paid for the past 6 years.

You may well be in for a nice little windfall!

THANK YOU !  i thought i did when i went to see them and signed all thier forms....WINDFALL we will see  ......

Question if we are not working in Thailand ! do we pay taxes on the interest on our bank accounts?  if we are how do you get that back ?

dave the dude

« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2009, 04:42:21 PM »
THANK YOU !  i thought i did when i went to see them and signed all thier forms....WINDFALL we will see  ......

Question if we are not working in Thailand ! do we pay taxes on the interest on our bank accounts?  if we are how do you get that back ?

Im  confused, its easily done!
I thought you were previously advising UK people to lie about where they live so as not to get Government pensions frozen. You suggested saying you live in Europe or the Phillapines, if I remember and openning accounts within europe. So your telling others to do what you havn't done yourself, YES?????????

NOW, you are saying you went to see them and signed all their forms? The R85 form is a comprehensive form (with many questions) that I remember completing. I did NOT get a personal allowance when my private pension first started at the age of 50 and maybe that is why you are being taxed incorrectly? I did get a rebate after about 6 months communications. IF    your question about Bank interest relates to a Bank within UK,I would suggest you ask them, as some are excempt from returning interest to you, you have to claim it back yourself.

Dave

« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2009, 05:45:42 PM »

Im  confused, its easily done!
I thought you were previously advising UK people to lie about where they live so as not to get Government pensions frozen. You suggested saying you live in Europe or the Phillapines, if I remember and openning accounts within europe. So your telling others to do what you havn't done yourself, YES?????????

NOW, you are saying you went to see them and signed all their forms? The R85 form is a comprehensive form (with many questions) that I remember completing. I did NOT get a personal allowance when my private pension first started at the age of 50 and maybe that is why you are being taxed incorrectly? I did get a rebate after about 6 months communications. IF    your question about Bank interest relates to a Bank within UK,I would suggest you ask them, as some are excempt from returning interest to you, you have to claim it back yourself.

Dave
Thank you Dave! someone else suggested i move to Phillipiness , i said you would have same problem there ! It is not a British coloney correct ?!

Quote "advising UK people to lie about where they live "  think i am being misunderstood i said an address UK ! you can read what you like into that your choice : i have done no such thing : but i have met many who have done that !

I am not using my private pension as of yet!

Quote "that is why you are being taxed incorrectly?" Well that is likely to be the case ! I think most of us "expect a personal vist to Inland Revenue UK to be taken as considered the most important one second the letter third telephone do not quite know where email falls into where ?

When you visit UK banks and you move all your banking detail here and inland revenue "you belive they do not listen or chose not to listen " ( So i was wrong to inform them in person ? and make shure they were fully aware and nothing was outstanding "being considerate does not have any value anymore" )
( also when UK banks close accounts when you have money in them and suspend the account because you have not used them for 3 years and you go back to them in person give them all the details  and you address in Thailand about tranfering balances they do nothing . i now have started going back into that on the net !
(Sorry had many accounts with ATM cards because had bussiness there and sometimes need cash and bank ATM's sometimes had problems would just use another bank which had money in it )

Dave regarding Premium Bonds do you know anything about that ?

Regarding bank accounts i was refering to THAI ones!  got any IDEA's ?

Look forward to your constructive reply   THANKS

dave the dude

« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2009, 07:08:00 PM »
Thank you Dave! someone else suggested i move to Phillipiness , i said you would have same problem there ! It is not a British coloney correct ?!

Quote "advising UK people to lie about where they live "  think i am being misunderstood i said an address UK ! you can read what you like into that your choice : i have done no such thing : but i have met many who have done that !

Quote "that is why you are being taxed incorrectly?" Well that is likely to be the case ! I think most of us "expect a personal vist to Inland Revenue UK to be taken as considered the most important one second the letter third telephone do not quite know where email falls into where ?

When you visit UK banks and you move all your banking detail here and inland revenue "you belive they do not listen or chose not to listen " ( So i was wrong to inform them in person ? and make shure they were fully aware and nothing was outstanding "being considerate does not have any value anymore" )
( also when UK banks close accounts when you have money in them and suspend the account because you have not used them for 3 years and you go back to them in person give them all the details  and you address in Thailand about tranfering balances they do nothing . i now have started going back into that on the net !
(Sorry had many accounts with ATM cards because had bussiness there and sometimes need cash and bank ATM's sometimes had problems would just use another bank which had money in it )

Hi 1234 (Sorry, I dont like taking to a number jumping8)

I will try to answer you post in the same order......

The Phillipines is not part of the Empire BUT I beleive it has reciprical arrangements with the UK Govt and pensions are not frozen (same as USA but not Canada). Its wierd and I think unfair.

The Inland Revenue have a very good telephone helpline and although expensive to call from Thailand. They helped me BIG TIME. Always get a name and number of who you are dealing with and always quote your National Insurance Number and any reference numbers from their letters. I have worked in (English)telephone helpcentres and sometimes its just impossible to understand some people. helpsos

I agree 'Dormant accounts' can be difficult to find especially as so many branches were merged/closed(CONFESSION: That was my job closing them  :D :D :D). I worked for NAtWest for 26 years and KNOW literally TONS of records were scrapped by accident.

I dont know about Premium Bonds but there is bound to be some sort of help online.
As far as THAI bank interest, if it were me I'd ask one of the bank foreign exchange clerks about it as they tend to speak engrish.

happy2

45678(aka Dave) 
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 07:51:07 PM by ADMIN »

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2009, 07:56:47 PM »

If you want to see if you have millions in unclaimed premium bonds try ~~~

http://www.nsandi.com/

TBWG sawadi

« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2009, 04:24:21 AM »

Hi 1234 (Sorry, I dont like taking to a number jumping8)

I will try to answer you post in the same order......

The Phillipines is not part of the Empire BUT I beleive it has reciprical arrangements with the UK Govt and pensions are not frozen (same as USA but not Canada). Its wierd and I think unfair.

The Inland Revenue have a very good telephone helpline and although expensive to call from Thailand. They helped me BIG TIME. Always get a name and number of who you are dealing with and always quote your National Insurance Number and any reference numbers from their letters. I have worked in (English)telephone helpcentres and sometimes its just impossible to understand some people. helpsos

I agree 'Dormant accounts' can be difficult to find especially as so many branches were merged/closed(CONFESSION: That was my job closing them  :D :D :D). I worked for NAtWest for 26 years and KNOW literally TONS of records were scrapped by accident.

I dont know about Premium Bonds but there is bound to be some sort of help online.
As far as THAI bank interest, if it were me I'd ask one of the bank foreign exchange clerks about it as they tend to speak engrish.

happy2

45678(aka Dave) 

Dave thank you Quote

Hi 1234 (Sorry, I dont like taking to a number jumping8
( when you worked for NAT WEST they used numbers) well i thought they did at Kegwoth!) sorry my name 3100034 THINK you need a orange branch code book ?

If you know that HOW DID THAT COME ABOUT ? !

OK Premium Bonds i have certificats but they are in my small house in BKK
but  my health is not too good so i have to go soon!( and unless you have one over 20,000 ) you need the number of holder unclaimed you can see large ammounts for area's of england chances get better i think in october !2009

TEL 31000 34
« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 11:18:55 AM by ADMIN »

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2009, 02:07:27 PM »

You seem to be getting a bit bogged down here.

Like Dave I thought you were suggesting lying to the pension people and advising them of a European address. I therefore - perhaps facetiously - suggested a Phillipine address instead.

If you have UK bank or building society accounts, it is they that deduct tax and pass it to the IR, unless you complete form R85 and hand it to THEM -not the IR. So I suggest you have a look at any UK interest statements you may have going back until the 2002//03 tax year and if tax has been deducted, claim it back. Then slap in R85's to each bank and building society you hold accounts with

If you do not have a UK personal allowance, then contact the tax authorities for a NI number and allowance. I suspect that if you ever worked in the UK then you will have a NI number and an allowance to go with it.

With regard to Thai bank accounts, I believe it is possible to reclaim the tax deducted on interest where this has been deducted. Normally tax is not deducted where the interest is less than 20,000bt If you are receiving more than 20,000bt interest annually then go and see the local tax office.

Premium Bond prizes will automatically be sent to your registered UK address. You will have been given a "Holder number", but that you may have lost. Go online to http://www.nsandi.com and contact them for advice and info.

dave the dude

« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2009, 02:42:24 PM »

You seem to be getting a bit bogged down here.

Like Dave I thought you were suggesting lying to the pension people and advising them of a European address. I therefore - perhaps facetiously - suggested a Phillipine address instead.

If you have UK bank or building society accounts, it is they that deduct tax and pass it to the IR, unless you complete form R85 and hand it to THEM -not the IR. So I suggest you have a look at any UK interest statements you may have going back until the 2002//03 tax year and if tax has been deducted, claim it back. Then slap in R85's to each bank and building society you hold accounts with

If you do not have a UK personal allowance, then contact the tax authorities for a NI number and allowance. I suspect that if you ever worked in the UK then you will have a NI number and an allowance to go with it.

With regard to Thai bank accounts, I believe it is possible to reclaim the tax deducted on interest where this has been deducted. Normally tax is not deducted where the interest is less than 20,000bt If you are receiving more than 20,000bt interest annually then go and see the local tax office.

Premium Bond prizes will automatically be sent to your registered UK address. You will have been given a "Holder number", but that you may have lost. Go online to http://www.nsandi.com and contact them for advice and info.

Good advice,Thaidog.
Just one thing I found out and think I might of mentioned before. NOT all banks/B societies accept R85 forms or return interest paid. Nationwide B/Soc for instance, do not and told me to take it up with the IR direct.

I'M OUTA HERE NOW, TOO BORING&SERIOUS  :D  happy2

Dave

« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2009, 08:13:48 AM »

Hi Davw recieved email you are right copy of recieved email
Following extensive investigations carried out on your behalf, we regret to advise you that, NatWest Bank plc have not found an account in the name of j,,,,,,  …… >>>>>>>>> plus any other names (maiden name etc) which you have quoted.

If you are dissatisfied with the way the bank has dealt with your claim you have the right to appeal through the bank's internal complaints procedure (leaflets are available from the bank's branches). If your appeal is unsuccessful you have the right to refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service, South Quay Plaza, 183 Marsh Wall London E14 9SR telephone 0845 080 1800 website www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk.

British Bankers' Association
The Voice of Banking and Financial Services
so its ok for banks to take our money and deny it
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 09:59:01 AM by ADMIN »

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Dentist by Thai Bart
June 13, 2024, 11:34:50 AM

Re: House moving by Gerry
June 11, 2024, 03:39:27 PM

House moving by GEOFFREY