{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Crosswalk laws seriously enforced  (Read 5157 times)

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
Crosswalk laws seriously enforced
« on: August 04, 2009, 03:20:04 PM »
Thai crosswalk law enforcement begins 
:3 Aug 2009

BANGKOK, 3 August 2009 (NNT) – Police have kicked off the exercising of stricter traffic laws today by fining citizens who fail to use flyovers and crosswalks 200 baht.

Police setup fine payment tables as well as promotional signs along Victory Monument today to begin the enforcement of more serious laws obligating pedestrians to use crosswalks and flyovers. Citizens who fail to comply with the revamped regulations will be fined 200 baht.
4 people were already fined this morning in an indication of the seriousness of the regulations.
 confused4
At the same time, the traffic police have cracked down on cars and motorcycles not stopping for crossing pedestrians at the Rachaprasong Intersection. 4 vehicles were cited for violations and fined this morning, but on the whole drivers and pedestrians have cooperated with the new laws.

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
Re: Crosswalk laws seriously enforced
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 06:17:46 AM »
Thai crosswalk law enforcement begins 
:3 Aug 2009

BANGKOK, 3 August 2009 (NNT) – Police have kicked off the exercising of stricter traffic laws today by fining citizens who fail to use flyovers and crosswalks 200 baht.

Police setup fine payment tables as well as promotional signs along Victory Monument today to begin the enforcement of more serious laws obligating pedestrians to use crosswalks and flyovers. Citizens who fail to comply with the revamped regulations will be fined 200 baht.
4 people were already fined this morning in an indication of the seriousness of the regulations.
 confused4
At the same time, the traffic police have cracked down on cars and motorcycles not stopping for crossing pedestrians at the Rachaprasong Intersection. 4 vehicles were cited for violations and fined this morning, but on the whole drivers and pedestrians have cooperated with the new laws.

I would have thought it more prudent if they enforced the law to force Thai Drivers to stop at RED Traffic Lights.

dave the dude

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 05:44:52 PM »
I would have thought it more prudent if they enforced the law to force Thai Drivers to stop at RED Traffic Lights.

Or vehicle road-worthness checks &/or dangerously overloaded trucks.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009, 05:47:22 PM »
Or farangs overspeeding with Fortuners.....  confused4 confused5

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2009, 05:54:34 AM »

Or vehicle road-worthness checks &/or dangerously overloaded trucks.

I have to wonder how many of those Orange /White buses that ply the 273/274 runs from Buriram & Surin to Korat would pass even a basic road worthiness check...........Most of them are deathtraps!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 09:42:43 AM by ADMIN »

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2009, 06:42:02 PM »
Crosswalk uhhhh i thought it was called JAY WALKING

try walking across a crossing like by 7/11 by bus staition they will run you over......but easy here bicycles have to stop for nothing ! as the bicycle licence has expired over 10 years ago red lights no problem drunk no problem no helmet no problem in fact every crossing marked on the road offically in Buriram they will not stop try it i will come visit you in hospital free/// :D :D :D :D :D

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2009, 08:43:01 PM »
What about all the Sreeet sellers at the Trafic lights and all the windshield cleaners even some places news papers. Oh i forgot this law only applies if you are farrang!...... What are they going to do with the Monks who walk the street every morning collecting food .....we give them a new decription of what they are doing and bypasss the law......funny i do not see them in BKK  THEY HAVE HOME DELIVERY SERVICE HERE WHATS THE    NUMBER ?

[attachment deleted by admin]

dave the dude

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2009, 08:15:07 AM »
What about all the Sreeet sellers at the Trafic lights and all the windshield cleaners even some places news papers. Oh i forgot this law only applies if you are farrang!...... What are they going to do with the Monks who walk the street every morning collecting food .....we give them a new decription of what they are doing and bypasss the law......funny i do not see them in BKK  THEY HAVE HOME DELIVERY SERVICE HERE WHATS THE    NUMBER ?

Thats interesting, I have never seen a windscreen cleaner here in Surin. That a new one on me, for Thailand.
Maybe a new job opportunity

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM