{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: The Ashes  (Read 11499 times)

isanbirder

The Ashes
« on: August 04, 2009, 01:32:00 PM »
Anybody following the Ashes here?  ("Freddie Flintoff's final fling")

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
Re: The Ashes
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 06:10:25 AM »
Anybody following the Ashes here?  ("Freddie Flintoff's final fling")
Yes Sir I follow it very closely.Ball by Ball TV coverage.I see Trott & Harmeson are included in the Squad for the 4 th test.

isanbirder

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 05:15:52 PM »
I'm working on getting cricket on TV, but haven't got it yet;  what service are you getting it on?  Some good stuff on the Sri Lanka/Pakistan series, too;  I always like watching Sri Lanka... they're good, keen, and sporting, unlike many teams these days.

I must admit, Nookiebear, I was expecting you to tell me that was why I needed so much beer!!!

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2009, 05:20:08 AM »
I'm working on getting cricket on TV, but haven't got it yet;  what service are you getting it on?  Some good stuff on the Sri Lanka/Pakistan series, too;  I always like watching Sri Lanka... they're good, keen, and sporting, unlike many teams these days.

I must admit, Nookiebear, I was expecting you to tell me that was why I needed so much beer!!!
I get it on SuperSport2 from South Africa,The SL/Pak was also shown,I think is was on SS4 or 5.Sri Lanka have always had a positive attacking team,always good to watch.Looks like Lee may be back for the Aussies too!!!

Re ,the beer.............I would never mock the afflicted jumping8 jumping8 jumping8 jumping8
                                                                                                                                 Cheers party4

isanbirder

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2009, 05:29:45 PM »
I'm trying to find a dealer who can equip me to get SuperSports, but am hampered by not having my own transport (at least I have a car, but don't drive, and the car is mainly used on the farm).  I have one suggestion through ThaiVisa for a dealer in Surin, but haven't been able to get there yet.  Do you know one in Buriram?

Oh, yes, the cricket.  It seems as if Lee and Harmison are largely spent forces, but we shall soon find out.  I hope Trott is played;  he's had  awonderful season so far, but so often when that happens, a batsman somehow doesn't make the grade for tests. (e.g Robert Key)

Have a beer for me when the match starts!

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2009, 05:30:24 AM »
I'm trying to find a dealer who can equip me to get SuperSports, but am hampered by not having my own transport (at least I have a car, but don't drive, and the car is mainly used on the farm).  I have one suggestion through ThaiVisa for a dealer in Surin, but haven't been able to get there yet.  Do you know one in Buriram?

Oh, yes, the cricket.  It seems as if Lee and Harmison are largely spent forces, but we shall soon find out.  I hope Trott is played;  he's had  awonderful season so far, but so often when that happens, a batsman somehow doesn't make the grade for tests. (e.g Robert Key)

Have a beer for me when the match starts!
There must be someone in Buriram who would know,,,,,,,,,,I live nr Nong Ki which is 75kms from Buriram,my man lives around 5 kms away.Robert Key was one ,another even bigger failure was Graham Hick.
Touch & Go whether or not Freddie is fit !!!!!!!!!!!!!

isanbirder

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2009, 06:02:23 PM »
One hour into the match... if it goes on like this, we're going to need some good English cricketing weather.... rain.

isanbirder

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2009, 07:06:57 PM »
Morakot, you're in the wrong ocean.  I always thought Stuart Clark was underrated.

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2009, 08:46:33 PM »
I wouldn't pay them in washers...........102 all out,Aus 14-1 ,Katitch just out ,caught for a duck.But I think help from above is needed.

isanbirder

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2009, 06:53:12 AM »
Speechless!

isanbirder

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2009, 07:19:44 PM »
Remember what we said?  Boycott wants Robert Key back, others want Ramprakash, who was about as successful as Graeme Hick.  Basically, our people don't have the killer instinct;  if you ever saw Fred Trueman or Merv Hughes pawing the ground at the beginning of their run-up like a bull about to charge... Flintoff has it, too.  So did the great West Indies fast bowlers.  To open the batting, you need a Boycott (heaven help us!) as an anchor.

Oh well, there's one more to come.

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2009, 10:25:44 AM »
Maybe they'll be brave @ give the young lad Trott a go...........another century yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lourens

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2009, 12:42:37 PM »
 party1

!!! WELL DONE AUSTRALIA !!!

[attachment deleted by admin]

isanbirder

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2009, 07:41:57 PM »
I'll agree with you if and when they win the series, but it's all square at the moment!  Nice to see Trott given a chance

Meanwhile three cheers for England (and South Africa and Punjab, and perhaps some others)!

isanbirder

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2009, 09:24:33 AM »
I didn't realise Trott was yet another South African. 

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick