{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: TO GIVE BLOOD  (Read 3697 times)

Offline pbee

• Contributor with future
  • COOL HAND LUKE ?
TO GIVE BLOOD
« on: July 21, 2009, 12:56:04 AM »
Have any members any experience of being a blood donor in Thailand ? I would like to give blood to the government hospital in Buriram. Are they set up for this as they are in the UK? Are the common blood groups in Europe the same as in Asia? I visit Buriram every six months and would be prepared to donate on my visits. I have not done this before,but as my wife has to undergo heart surgery shortly I think it would be an appropriate action on my part. I need all the good karma I can get. Thanks in advance of replies.

dave the dude

Re: TO GIVE BLOOD
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 08:00:46 AM »
Have any members any experience of being a blood donor in Thailand ? I would like to give blood to the government hospital in Buriram. Are they set up for this as they are in the UK? Are the common blood groups in Europe the same as in Asia? I visit Buriram every six months and would be prepared to donate on my visits. I have not done this before,but as my wife has to undergo heart surgery shortly I think it would be an appropriate action on my part. I need all the good karma I can get. Thanks in advance of replies.

Hi Pbee
Sorry dont know about blood donations and I think ferangs sometimes have blood groups that are fairly rare in Asia.
Anyways, good luck with 'the trouble & strife'

Dave

Lourens

Re: TO GIVE BLOOD
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 08:20:23 AM »
I once donated blood at the city hall (where you pay your electricity bill). They had a big blood drive with the village headman canvassing for donors on the day. It was my job to drive donors to town. A grand total of two donors were collected from our village. But at the donation center there were many people. They were very efficient and followed all the rules. My particulars were taken, blood tested for Hb content to see if I'm a suitable donor and I was given a small gift and free lunch and soft drinks afterwards. All smiles and a festive atmosphere. Now I'm not sure how regular these blood drives are but I'm sure if you go to the town hall, there are signs posted for when the next one will be. Good luck!

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick