{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Another MotoGP thread??  (Read 39684 times)

Offline CincinnatiKid

• http://buriramexpats.com/
Another MotoGP thread??
« on: August 12, 2023, 02:13:47 AM »
Hi there, whoever?s still active here!
I?m Chris from Chicago USA. I work on motorcycles a lot and love forums as a resource, they have treated me very well over the years. Was happy to find this forum, figured I?d try to join and see what I can find out.

We are coming to Thailand for the MotoGP race, we try to go to a different race every year for the last few years, and chose Thailand for 2023.  We have arrangements but I would love to be more prepared to maximize our time in buriram. We bought race passes when they went on sale, then got airfare a few days later, then got super panicked when seeing that there are NO hotels or rooms available in buriram.  Have to assume that almost every motorbike will be rented out that weekend as well, which is another giant complication to our plans.  Through a big stroke of luck, we have a room booked in Surin, and a car reserved at the buriram airport.  We are landing @ the buriram airport on Wednesday, and flying back home Monday morning. One day to get organized and acclimated, then three race days, then head home.

So my wife and I have been to chiang Mai twice over the past few years, so aren?t unfamiliar with Thailand. We always travel by motorbike when we are there. Love the organized chaos of it, but 50km each way on rt 226 seems irresponsible to plan on, without knowing the road or conditions.

Ideally we would want to stay in buriram, commute 2up on a motorbike to and from the track each day, but it seems like that just can?t happen.  I saw a recommendation to try and rent a whole apartment for the entire month of October, and just use it for the race weekend, but couldn?t find anywhere who would reply back to me in July about renting a place in October. Not surprising.

Basically, thanks for reading, and thanks for any input. If there?s any tips you have for maximizing our time in Thailand, or even just some context for how Buriram operates during race weekend. we?d be grateful.  Kap khun kap!!!!!!

When we

Offline Gerry

• Contributor on the right way
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Re: Another MotoGP thread??
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2023, 04:09:18 PM »
You've basically experienced the same problems most people experience during Moto GP week.

226 isn't too bad. Keep your wits about you and your speed down. You should be fine.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick