{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Vaccine Passports ??  (Read 3522 times)

Offline Smithy

• Reliable reporter on the right way
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Vaccine Passports ??
« on: August 10, 2021, 11:41:20 AM »
What are members views on Vaccince Passports ?

The arguments for
Incentive They could serve as a powerful motivation for people to get vaccinated. However, David Archard, the chair of the Nuffield Council on Bioethics, argues that they are not necessarily a proportionate way to achieve vaccine compliance, which can be better secured by providing greater and more accurate information to people.

Opportunities By getting a certificate, some individuals who have been deprived of access to certain work opportunities by the pandemic could benefit. ?And that?s important,? says Archard. ?After all, what we?ve dealt with for the last year are considerable restrictions on the freedoms of the population, and here?s one way in which individuals might now be able to get back those basic freedoms that are greatly valuable to them.?

Travel The passports could also offer value in terms of international travel ? being vaccinated means you will be unlikely to suffer from severe Covid-19 disease that might require hospitalisation abroad. Paul Hunter, a professor of medicine at the University of East Anglia, says that if a country?s hospitals are already grappling with high levels of Covid-19, ?they don?t want people coming out on holiday from Britain, and then going down with Covid and adding to the burden on their health services. [If you are vaccinated,] you are unlikely to get sick with Covid-19 while you are there, either [because] you brought it into the country or [because] you picked it up in the first week of the holiday.?

The arguments against
Science While the vaccines being deployed have shown to have impressive efficacy in reducing the risk of hospitalisation and death for symptomatic Covid-19, at this point there is no concrete evidence that they can thwart transmission, scientists say. ?So there is a danger of simply assuming because you?ve been vaccinated, you don?t then spread Covid-19, and that would not be a good scientific basis for a policy of passports,? Archard says.

Variants Most countries are in the early stages of the vaccine rollout, and given concerns about the impact of existing variants ? in particular the one discovered in South Africa ? on the ability of vaccines to offer protection, it would be premature to introduce the passport system, says Archard. ?I think we?re about halfway through the first half, and we don?t want to start introducing red and yellow cards quite yet. We want to head on into the second half and see if we can see how it?s working.?

Discrimination Such passports will be used to give people who are vaccinated and presumed to have immunity the ability to do things that others cannot. Given that the vaccine rollout is based on a priority system, some people will be vaccinated before others. Others who choose not to get vaccinated despite being offered the vaccine may also lose out on opportunities. There is a danger of stigmatising individuals who lack certification, and Archard suggests you may also penalise people who are already at a disadvantage because of certain inequalities.

Fraud The passports could encourage people who have not been vaccinated yet or have chosen not to be vaccinated to get certification on the black market, according to Hunter. So if passports are adopted, he says, ?it has to be done in a way that is not subject to fraud?.

Privacy
Typically, health information such as vaccination records is stored by the NHS. These passports could mean that data is shared with outside companies, says Archard. ?Could it be used in ways that are unfair, that are stigmatising, and that are prejudicial to the interests of individuals? Exactly how it is put into practical effect would also raise reasonable ethical concerns that would need to be addressed.?

Tyranny History has shown us that once any Government has been given powers they never had before they dont like giving them up and will find any excuse to keep those powers and even increase them .Do people really want to live in a totalitarian state where you need to show papers to officals ,just to be able to do normal days to day activities ?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

One of My view is .....

What's the point of a vaccine passport if fully vaccinated people are catching COVID-19 and pass it on all around the world ???

« Last Edit: August 10, 2021, 11:49:55 AM by Smithy »

Offline olavhome

• Contributor with future
Re: Vaccine Passports ??
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2021, 11:59:27 AM »
Are there still people around who is afraid to take a "good" vaccine ?? :-)

Offline Smithy

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2021, 01:26:10 PM »

I'm hesitant and still haven't made my mind up whether to get Vaccinated or not .I'm not an anti-vaxxer and I think its down to personal choice
If you google " Reasons to be hesitant about getting the covid vaccine" ..you mostly get sites that are telling you why you should be getting Vaccinated ,myths debunked or how to persuade you friends and family to get vaccinated !!!.
No one or not many places on MSM are posting facts on how those that have had Covid have antibodies that help them stop them getting it again or that their immune system is as strong as any vaccinated person .One of my views is ....why get vaccinated if you bodies immune system works , if you are fit and heathy your body can cope with covid. I'm all for and have always been for Vaccinating the old , the vulnerable,  those with pre existing health conditions or those that want it !!
Facts have show those that are fit and healthy you are at less risk , so why isn't Governments telling people to get heathy ,lose weight and boost their immune system by improving their diet , taking vitamins and getting into good physical shape ( When posible )  .
Those that seem to be pro Vaccine passports are those that have been Vaccinated already  ::). ( the I'm alright jack brigade )
But beside all that , there is the totalitarian aspect of Vaccine passports . Do you really want to end up like China where you need a good credit score just to buy a train ticket ???
Once/ if Vaccine passports  are intoduced world wide it wont end with just covid jabs . ( Its OK I have my tinfoil hat on  :laugh: )
I was watching a You Tube the other day on how a Middle-Aged Expat couple went back to the UK after 20 years and one of the first things they noticed was the amount of cctv cameras there are now . The number of CCTV cameras in the UK reaches 5.2 million ( that 1 for every 13  or 14 people   :ohmy: ). If you was told that 30 years ago you would have laughed . Vaccine passports are another slow road to Tyranny and an end to personal freedoms  :blink:...  Personal freedoms was/is one of the main reasons I've lived in Thailand for so long .I know most complain about Visa's and 90 day reports but think of all the every day st*t you need to do in the west just to live . I know where I would sooner be ;) ....BUT Covid Passports could /will be on there way here soon :( ..We are already being slowly being indoctrinated to do nazi salutes every time we enter a shop. bank or 7/11  biggrin1 !!!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2021, 01:36:23 PM by Smithy »

Offline ChuckNorris

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2021, 02:18:35 PM »

I'm hesitant and still haven't made my mind up whether to get Vaccinated or not .I'm not an anti-vaxxer and I think its down to personal choice
If you google " Reasons to be hesitant about getting the covid vaccine" ..you mostly get sites that are telling you why you should be getting Vaccinated ,myths debunked or how to persuade you friends and family to get vaccinated !!!.
No one or not many places on MSM are posting facts on how those that have had Covid have antibodies that help them stop them getting it again or that their immune system is as strong as any vaccinated person .One of my views is ....why get vaccinated if you bodies immune system works , if you are fit and heathy your body can cope with covid. I'm all for and have always been for Vaccinating the old , the vulnerable,  those with pre existing health conditions or those that want it !!
Facts have show those that are fit and healthy you are at less risk , so why isn't Governments telling people to get heathy ,lose weight and boost their immune system by improving their diet , taking vitamins and getting into good physical shape ( When posible )  .
Those that seem to be pro Vaccine passports are those that have been Vaccinated already  ::). ( the I'm alright jack brigade )
But beside all that , there is the totalitarian aspect of Vaccine passports . Do you really want to end up like China where you need a good credit score just to buy a train ticket ???
Once/ if Vaccine passports  are intoduced world wide it wont end with just covid jabs . ( Its OK I have my tinfoil hat on  :laugh: )
I was watching a You Tube the other day on how a Middle-Aged Expat couple went back to the UK after 20 years and one of the first things they noticed was the amount of cctv cameras there are now . The number of CCTV cameras in the UK reaches 5.2 million ( that 1 for every 13  or 14 people   :ohmy: ). If you was told that 30 years ago you would have laughed . Vaccine passports are another slow road to Tyranny and an end to personal freedoms  :blink:...  Personal freedoms was/is one of the main reasons I've lived in Thailand for so long .I know most complain about Visa's and 90 day reports but think of all the every day st*t you need to do in the west just to live . I know where I would sooner be ;) ....BUT Covid Passports could /will be on there way here soon :( ..We are already being slowly being indoctrinated to do nazi salutes every time we enter a shop. bank or 7/11  biggrin1 !!!

I am yet to see any hard facts that put any doubt my mind that it was a good idea to get vaccinated.

I've had two jabs of AZ. Had no side effects what so ever. I know many people I the same boat.

Offline Smithy

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2021, 02:46:21 PM »

I am yet to see any hard facts that put any doubt my mind that it was a good idea to get vaccinated.

I've had two jabs of AZ. Had no side effects what so ever. I know many people I the same boat.

Good to here that ..but what are your views on Vaccine passports ?

Offline ChuckNorris

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2021, 02:51:00 PM »

In my view vaccine passports, or something similar, were always going to happen. I don't see an issue with them. So long as anyone with a genuine reason for not having a jab can receive some kind of exemption.

One of the reasons I gad the vaccine was that I suspected airline companies might make it mandatory for travel.

Offline Smithy

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2021, 02:53:56 PM »

In my view vaccine passports, or something similar, were always going to happen. I don't see an issue with them. So long as anyone with a genuine reason for not having a jab can receive some kind of exemption.

One of the reasons I gad the vaccine was that I suspected airline companies might make it mandatory for travel.

That is the only reason I will get vaccinated ..if it is made mandatory for something I want to do.And even then i would have a long hard think about it ...thats my choice  :)

Offline Smithy

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2021, 01:21:41 PM »
I know which one of these's people looks a prat !!  :biggrin:

Offline Smithy

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2021, 01:39:50 PM »
Is this were we are heading !!!   ::) ::) ::)

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick