{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: AstraZeneca will be in Hospitals on June 7th  (Read 3994 times)

Offline Pichai

• Reliable reporter on the right way
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
AstraZeneca will be in Hospitals on June 7th
« on: May 28, 2021, 06:38:50 PM »
This is Bob Manthey. This past Wednesday I went to receive my first Covid 19 Vaccination at Chang International Circuit. I went on my own to the racetrack and did not have a spouse or translator to assist me. It went fine. Security offered to push me in a wheelchair and could not have been more cordial. I elected to limp about and it was all in the shade undercover. I arrived before 7:45am and once the line started to move at 8:40am it never really slowed down. They move 40 folks at a time all very orderly. Twenty people at a time get the jab. I was finished by 10:40am.  People will still arriving to enter the main entrance tent as I departed. I accepted the Sinovac and I had zero side effects and absolutely no pain. My 2nd shot is on June 16th.
 In my case the staff looked at my yellow house book, pink Thai alien id card, and my Buriram Hospital patient card. They never looked at my passport. Different expats may have different experiences. I did in fact download some app via line and the staff input my information.

https://www.astrazeneca.com/country-sites/thailand.html

However, if you are signed up at your local hospitals I am willing to wager that AstraZeneca will be in wide distribution and available on Monday June 7th.  All of the vaccines distributed at the Chang International Racetrack are via the Buriram Hospital. I have no direct knowledge if the vaccine that will be used on June 7th at the racetrack is locally made under license AstraZeneca, or the imported Chinese Sinovac. My 2nd dose would be Chinese and given at the Football Stadium.  My point is if you are not keen on Sinovac, you will have a very real "shot" at AstraZeneca on and after June 7th if you sign up at your respective hospital or through a community hospital. 500,000 doses will be distributed and in the hospitals on June 7th.  I have no knowledge of when Moderna or Johnson & Johnson will be really available. I am over the age of 60, so my age was not an issue to receive the free vaccination. I want to see Thailand open up again and perhaps vaccinations will help achieve that goal.

Offline Pichai

• Reliable reporter on the right way
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Re: AstraZeneca will be in Hospitals on June 7th
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2021, 10:40:45 AM »
Based on my personal experience of easily obtaining the Covid 19 vaccination at the Chang International Circuit Racetrack, I want to caution fellow Forum members that the racetrack was closed last Monday for vaccinations. It may be prudent to have a Thai speaker telephone the Buriram Government Hospital or your local Government Hospital to verify which facility is open on which days. Frankly, exactly two weeks ago at my local Government hospital a misinformed nurse stated in English that the vaccine was ONLY for Thai people. I elected to not argue, as there is no fixing the mindset of some misinformed people in Government issued uniforms. Hence on the telephone my translator was informed by the Buriram Government hospital what days any adult, Thai or Expat could receive the covid 19 vaccination at the Chang International Circuit. I'll wager come Tuesday June 8th there may be more than one vaccination brand in Buriram. Your experience may vary, but Thailand is on process to have more actual vaccines available for those who elect to be vaccinated starting June 7th. Thank you, Mr. Bob.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick