{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Covid19 in Thailand  (Read 49574 times)

Offline Gerry

• Contributor on the right way
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Covid19 in Thailand
« on: April 13, 2021, 06:58:02 PM »
Looks like a big Covid19 surge is on it's way.

I can't help thinking that is has been here all the time and is just growing. Lack of testing and lack of restrictions surely shows that it is not just arriving here but rather it has been here and is growing.

I can believe that there have only been 100 or so confirmed deaths.

Maybe the figures were dampened and now they are paying the consequences.

Offline Nobby

• Reliable reporter on the right way
Re: Covid19 in Thailand
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2021, 11:01:04 AM »

I can't help thinking that is has been here all the time and is just growing. Lack of testing and lack of restrictions surely shows that it is not just arriving here but rather it has been here and is growing.

You sound like you do not believe everything that the present Thai government offices publish. Surely you don't think they are 'massaging' the statistics???????
 whistle party15

Offline Gerry

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2021, 11:48:47 AM »

You sound like you do not believe everything that the present Thai government offices publish. Surely you don't think they are 'massaging' the statistics???????
 whistle party15

10/10 for stating the bleedin obvious. When it comes down to Covid19 in Thailand.

I was hoping my hypothesis may prompt a view or two. It would be interesting to see what others think.

We are living here after all. Our safety may or may not be compromised.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 11:50:21 AM by Gerry »

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2021, 03:06:01 PM »
Our safety is indeed compromised, but don't for one moment think the authorities care about us. We must take care of our own safety, no parties, no gatherings mask up and keep ones distance from others.

Offline Gerry

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2021, 03:59:52 PM »
Our safety is indeed compromised, but don't for one moment think the authorities care about us. We must take care of our own safety, no parties, no gatherings mask up and keep ones distance from others.

Thanks for the reply. Interesting comments.

Thai people, in general, need a little leading to make decisions. Especially ones as difficult as is being faced. I still wonder if they have been told the whole story.

Having seen a couple of funerals in the village of late and the lack of any real examinations by pathologists, I wonder if true cause of deaths has ever really been established.

Tassie

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2021, 11:04:57 PM »
Why did the flue disappear.
Regards

Offline jivvy

• Contributor with future
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2021, 09:00:31 AM »
Why did the flue disappear.
Regards
Not disappeared, probably just rediagnosed as Covid

Offline Smithy

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2021, 12:24:22 PM »
I know Chonburi Public health announced over 90 percent of those tested positive are asymptomatic , so 100's of basically not sick people sequestered for weeks in field hospitals .
As it been said many times if you are in the vulnerable category of being over 70 or have pre existing health issues then stay at home if you feel you are at risk.
As for the Vaccines they dont stop you getting Covid , they just lessen the symptoms and you can still become asymptomatic and wouldn't know it unless you are tested .Even then how accurate are the tests ?
Thailands figures have always been low compared to other countries but now with mass testing in some area's they are just discovering more asymptomatic people that dont even feel sick.
Also if people are so worried about Covid making them ill or killing them , then maybe have a look at other aspects of their lifestyles . Like a change of diet, stop drinking or smoking and tryng boosting their immune system.
I think its about time people were allowed to make their own mind up on how they run their lives.Hundreds of thousands of people are having their lives ruined on a so called pandemic that has a survival rate not much different to the Seasonal flu ,with people under 40 with no pre existing health issues the Flu is more dangerous.
I can see another LOCKDOWN on its way soon that will result in more hardship and death than Covid will ever cause !!!
I think its about time people stopped blaming the Goverement as they are doing their best ( but they are about as affective as King Kanut was at stopping the tide ) and took some personal accountability .Yes covid is killing some old people that would no doubt would have died a few months later anyway.
Already Covid 19 is mutating to become other variants. Its about time people realised that Covid ( Flu ) is here to stay . .As I've said before if Covid dont get you there are 100's of other thing that will. "So stop living in fear and just get on with your life"... is my mantra for the day.

Offline jivvy

• Contributor with future
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2021, 01:19:20 PM »
I hope you don't mind Smithy but I copied and pasted your post to the Korat Farang Forum.
Mike

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2021, 05:07:08 PM »
I know Chonburi Public health announced over 90 percent of those tested positive are asymptomatic , so 100's of basically not sick people sequestered for weeks in field hospitals .
As it been said many times if you are in the vulnerable category of being over 70 or have pre existing health issues then stay at home if you feel you are at risk.
As for the Vaccines they dont stop you getting Covid , they just lessen the symptoms and you can still become asymptomatic and wouldn't know it unless you are tested .Even then how accurate are the tests ?
Thailands figures have always been low compared to other countries but now with mass testing in some area's they are just discovering more asymptomatic people that dont even feel sick.
Also if people are so worried about Covid making them ill or killing them , then maybe have a look at other aspects of their lifestyles . Like a change of diet, stop drinking or smoking and tryng boosting their immune system.
I think its about time people were allowed to make their own mind up on how they run their lives.Hundreds of thousands of people are having their lives ruined on a so called pandemic that has a survival rate not much different to the Seasonal flu ,with people under 40 with no pre existing health issues the Flu is more dangerous.
I can see another LOCKDOWN on its way soon that will result in more hardship and death than Covid will ever cause !!!
I think its about time people stopped blaming the Goverement as they are doing their best ( but they are about as affective as King Kanut was at stopping the tide ) and took some personal accountability .Yes covid is killing some old people that would no doubt would have died a few months later anyway.
Already Covid 19 is mutating to become other variants. Its about time people realised that Covid ( Flu ) is here to stay . .As I've said before if Covid dont get you there are 100's of other thing that will. "So stop living in fear and just get on with your life"... is my mantra for the day.

I agree with 95% of the above.

As you know, I own a crematorium in the UK. The cremation numbers have been 30% up and those those numbers are some cases of under 50's (with no apparent underlying health conditions) succumbing to Covid.

Covid is effectively flu but to dismiss it as being anything like 'normal' is wrong.

Not sure but I would guess that a severe flu season would probably see the cremation number 15-20% up on normal.

Offline Smithy

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2021, 05:46:38 PM »
I hope you don't mind Smithy but I copied and pasted your post to the Korat Farang Forum.
Mike

No problem , your not the only one that has shared that post on other local forums . So I feel quite flattered   :biggrin:
I guess some will agree with that post and some wont .
Ever since the covid outbreak started in Thailand I have followed all the rules/laws .I wear a mask when out in public and always follow all the other rules.Mostly to appease those around me ,not because I am scared of catching anything . If I catch covid on my of my trips to Pattaya or one of the the other local Issan cities I like to visit then I only have my self to blame. I know the risks involved but statistically I'm more likely to die on the roads getting to these places than I am of covid.
Compared to other western countries ( like the Uk )  we have got off lightly here in Thailand when it comes to draconian covid measures.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 05:53:43 PM by Smithy »

Offline Smithy

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2021, 07:20:11 PM »

In a Meeting today the Goverment said " It is not a lockdown, and they have asked people not to use that word, and said any sort of overall lockdown is not on the table" ... They would like the Thai MSM and people to use the phrase "precautionary proactive health measures to protect public health" as no one likes the word Lockdown  ::)

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2021, 08:46:47 AM »
Mike

No problem , your not the only one that has shared that post on other local forums . So I feel quite flattered   :biggrin:
I guess some will agree with that post and some wont .
Ever since the covid outbreak started in Thailand I have followed all the rules/laws .I wear a mask when out in public and always follow all the other rules.Mostly to appease those around me ,not because I am scared of catching anything . If I catch covid on my of my trips to Pattaya or one of the the other local Issan cities I like to visit then I only have my self to blame. I know the risks involved but statistically I'm more likely to die on the roads getting to these places than I am of covid.
Compared to other western countries ( like the Uk )  we have got off lightly here in Thailand when it comes to draconian covid measures.

I think it helps that Covid has given Thailand a 'light touch'........... I am not sure that I would have so mobile in the UK - obviously I wouldn't because of their 'lockdown' restrictions.

I fully agree that the word "lockdown" is over-used and used inappropriately. I know friends in the UK who have been told that it is getting bad in Thailand and there will be another 'lockdown'. They immediately picture the situation being like the UK.......No there won't be a 'lockdown'!  We haven't had one, won't have one....... the increase in red zones (with associated restrictions) is what is most likely to be announced today.

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2021, 08:50:44 AM »
<snip> the increase in red zones (with associated restrictions) is what is most likely to be announced today.

According to this
https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1213979-breaking-thai-government-set-to-announce-more-restrictions-nationwide/

The red provinces will be:

Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Chonburi, Samut Prakan, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Samut Sakhon, Pathum Thani, Nakhon Pathom, Phuket, Nakhon Ratchasima, Nonthaburi, Songkhla, Tak, Udon Thani, Suphanburi, Sa Kaeo, Rayong and Khon Kaen.

All other provinces will be orange zones.

Offline Smithy

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2021, 12:27:58 PM »
I hope the Covid Testing Kits they use here in Thailand are better than the new one's they use in the UK  ::)

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick