{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Hospital and Doctor experience and recommendation.  (Read 5292 times)

Offline Mod

• Global Moderator
  • Reliable reporter on the right way
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
    • http://www.buriramexpats.com
Hospital and Doctor experience and recommendation.
« on: January 08, 2021, 04:28:56 PM »
Post here what you like or do not like about hospitals and clinics in Buriram and near to Buriram.

Offline Gerry

• Contributor on the right way
Re: Hospital and Doctor experience and recommendation.
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2021, 05:17:42 PM »
In my experience we are blessed. Buriram has a great hospital. I have had treatment there a few times, friends and family many times. No complaints. Even better since the new building opened.

Buriram Ekachon probably near to the worst service you could get from a so called hospital.

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2021, 05:51:34 PM »
It would help if we could get a chain like Bangkok Dusit Medical Services (which operate Bangkok Hospital's and others around the country) to open a Hospital in either Surin or Buriram.

The closest ones are Korat and Khon Kaen.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangkok_Dusit_Medical_Services

Offline Gerry

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2021, 09:01:29 PM »
It would help if we could get a chain like Bangkok Dusit Medical Services (which operate Bangkok Hospital's and others around the country) to open a Hospital in either Surin or Buriram.

The closest ones are Korat and Khon Kaen.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangkok_Dusit_Medical_Services

You mentioned that you like private hospitals because they are not so busy.

I think you will find that Bangkok hospital in Korat is not so busy because there are many hospitals to chose from there.

I'm not sure that a Bangkok Hospital in Buriram would be as quiet. In fact I would think it would be very busy.

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2021, 09:40:21 AM »
I was in Buriram Ekachon 4 years ago with a kidney stone. They scanned then told me the stone needed removing, but they could not do it. i would have to go to the government hospital. Went there only to find the doctor was there for only 1 hour and I was patient no 50+ waiting to see him!
Got home, went to fill in the insurance claim form and noticed the scan stated I had fluid on the lungs. NOBODY at Ekachon mentioned it!!!!!!!  Will NEVER go there again! Ended up seeing cardiologist in Bangkok Hospital, and had 2 stents inserted.  The kidney stone was deemed small, and no surgery required.

Offline Wozza

• Contributor with future
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2021, 06:37:05 PM »
I has a kidney stone and went to Ekachon and they were insisting that I had to have surgery to remove it and as I have had a stone before I was insisting that there will be no surgery , as expected with a bit of pain managment and rest it passed and I was on the way home the next morning,

Offline PermaPeet

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2021, 05:10:10 PM »
Well, think about it. Your living in the poorest province in Thailand (Bur Ram/Issan).  It only goes to reason that the (worst/poorest paid Doctors would practise in Buri Ram) They ost likely had the lowest grades and now accepted the worst and make the least and are the least qualified or they would be practising in... Bangkok, Phuket, Chang Mai anywhere but Issan). So you have the lowest standard quality and of expertise of medical care any where in the country that's Buri Ram).  If you got a real problem, get your ass in a auto and get to Bumrungrad Hosptial  in Bangkok (not cheap BUTrated #10 in the WORLD).
(Now I live near Buri Ram, and I have been a Bumrungrad Hospital patient for 20 years, they keep all my visits and results on their computer. all my results are posted on a screen in the Doctors office. I can see myself age and change by my results graph's. Right before my eyes in a graph. I go for a check- up every three years or so and the $350 USD is worth every penny.

Just say'in.

Offline Gerry

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2021, 12:43:11 AM »
Well, think about it. Your living in the poorest province in Thailand (Bur Ram/Issan).  It only goes to reason that the (worst/poorest paid Doctors would practise in Buri Ram) They ost likely had the lowest grades and now accepted the worst and make the least and are the least qualified or they would be practising in... Bangkok, Phuket, Chang Mai anywhere but Issan). So you have the lowest standard quality and of expertise of medical care any where in the country that's Buri Ram).  If you got a real problem, get your ass in a auto and get to Bumrungrad Hosptial  in Bangkok (not cheap BUTrated #10 in the WORLD).
(Now I live near Buri Ram, and I have been a Bumrungrad Hospital patient for 20 years, they keep all my visits and results on their computer. all my results are posted on a screen in the Doctors office. I can see myself age and change by my results graph's. Right before my eyes in a graph. I go for a check- up every three years or so and the $350 USD is worth every penny.

Just say'in.

Incorrect on all counts.

We have family members who work kn hospitals around Thailand.

All government nurses and doctors get paid on a national scale. Grades have nothing to do with it. Graduates are given a posting upon graduation.

Qualifications are standard across the board. In fact, one of the best universities in Thailand to study medicine is right here in Isaan. In Khon Kaen.

In fact, according to our medically trained family members, many doctors and nurses are clambering to get the posts in Isaan. The national pay scales go a lot further in Isaan. The cost of living is a lot less. Where would people earning a nationally fixed wage rather live? An expensive, polluted, overcrowded city, or the lovely, quiet, environmentally superior Isaan?

Tassie

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2021, 02:31:55 AM »
Thanks Gerry.  I wasn't aware of this. I think that the quality of care and equipment in most private hospitals is superior to Government hospitals and of course waiting times for surgery is reduced.
Regards
« Last Edit: March 27, 2021, 02:37:21 AM by Tassie »

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2021, 11:55:44 AM »
The level of care varies in all hospitals, government or private. My wife and I have had some bad experiences at the Prakhonchai government hospital, but I have recently had a good experience there. The Buriram Private hospital let me down very badly 4 years ago by failing to advise the correct and full results of a scan which could have been fatal had I not looked at the scan myself.. The Bangkok Hospital group (Bangkok Pattaya and Korat) are good but prices are over the top, and farangs are charged more.

Offline Gerry

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2021, 02:39:25 PM »
Thanks Gerry.  I wasn't aware of this. I think that the quality of care and equipment in most private hospitals is superior to Government hospitals and of course waiting times for surgery is reduced.
Regards

Your comparisons certainly don't work in Buriram. The government hospital is streets ahead of the private one.

Buriram hospital has been going through a overhaul recently. The new building is open and been moved into. The old buildings are now being worked on.

The standards are now even better than previously as are the new facilities. I have been there for treatment a couple of times in the past couple of years and am very happy with the service.

Offline dimple joe

• Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2021, 08:56:36 AM »
I have personal experience of both Government and Private hospitals in Buriram.

A couple of years ago I spent 5 days in Ekachon

Expensive, slapdash nursing and the doctors seem to be called from the Government hospital when required.

A week later I spent 20 days in the government hospital,

Outstanding nursing, excellent doctors, honestly don't believe I would have had better care anywhere private or public, in any country including my own.

Last month had another 7 days in the government hospital and as before the care and expertise of the nurses and doctors was second to none.

Even with the new buildings the place seems overcrowded but this is due to the local culture. Every patient seems to have an entourage of three or four relatives.

This does not happen of course in private hospitals full of farangs with more money than sense.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick