{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: roojai car insurance  (Read 6580 times)

Offline secosteve

• Contributor with future
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
roojai car insurance
« on: July 27, 2020, 01:37:17 PM »
Has anyone experience of dealing with Roojai for car insurance, I have just had a quote which is 30% less than my current insurers and, normally when it is too good to be true it is. The insurance offered id '1st class' and offers everything I already have in place. If you have knowledge I would be grateful if you would share.

Offline Geordie Boy

Re: roojai car insurance
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2020, 06:12:22 PM »
I have used them for the last 2 years on both of our cars. Great prices and excellent customer service. I compared the cover offered by my previous insurer and found that Roojai offered equal and in some areas better cover. They are brookers for all the major insurers in Thailand. I will be renewing my policies next month with them again.
No hesitation to recommend them.

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2020, 06:16:44 AM »
I have used them for the last 2 years on both of our cars. Great prices and excellent customer service. I compared the cover offered by my previous insurer and found that Roojai offered equal and in some areas better cover. They are brookers for all the major insurers in Thailand. I will be renewing my policies next month with them again.
No hesitation to recommend them.

Not so sure they are brokers for ALL the major Insurers in Thailand. From their website, they seem to have partnered with just 2 insurers for motor/motorcvcle insurance

Roojai.com is a new insurance service specially created for drivers in Thailand. We are a licensed broker regulated by the OIC and have partnered with Krungthai Panich Insurance (KPI) of the Krungthai Bank (KTB) Group to provide the best possible online car insurance products for our customers. We have also partnered with LMG Insurance to provide insurance coverage for motorbike (over 250cc) riders.

https://www.roojai.com/en/about/

Offline Geordie Boy

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2020, 06:42:29 AM »
OK maybe not all insurers in Thailand. However I have uses them for 2 cars for 2 years (just recieved 3rd year renewal quote) and friends also use them. To date I  aware of at least 5 insurance companies they act as broker for.
At the end of the day it is all a matter of personal choice.

Offline Nobby

• Reliable reporter on the right way
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2020, 03:26:05 PM »
Just insured with them about a week ago (for the first time) and saved around
5000b with better cover inc 24hr emergency pick-up, when compared to the makers
Free 1st years cover.

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2020, 04:35:55 PM »
Just insured with them about a week ago (for the first time) and saved around
5000b with better cover inc 24hr emergency pick-up, when compared to the makers
Free 1st years cover.

+1

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2020, 10:30:23 AM »
May I ask if anyone had experience with RooJai after they had an accident (where it was their fault) and how Roojai dealt with the garage/payments etc? Any delays??

Offline mudcat

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2020, 09:38:11 AM »
What we have found with our carriers (not Roojai) is that it makes no sense to pay extra for repair by a dealer shop when the dealer does not do body work. 
Check your vehicle's dealer to see if they do body work, if not find out from your agent which independent body shop they have a contract with in your area.

The better shops are busy and you may be out of car for a bit as we were

Steve

Offline Freddy

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2020, 09:56:59 PM »
I insure my two big bikes and my truck with Roojai. I?ve made significant savings with similar 1st class cover and in some aspects improved cover.
Since using them I?ve not made a claim however I have been told by the Manager of Triumph dealership in Khon Kaen that in the event of claims LMG are by far the best Insurance company to deal with in terms of expediting the go ahead for repairs and overall ease to deal with.
Ultimately it will be the insurance company you are dependent upon and not the Broker. They play a role but if the insurance company is inefficient there will be a limit to what the broker can do.
When buying insurance, personally I?m more concerned about who is actually providing the cover and not who is selling it.

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2020, 08:34:27 AM »
Good point Freddy. It is the insurance company that pays the bills not the broker and in most cases an insurance company is not beholden to a broker, though brokers do have some influence.

In the case of Roojai, it would seem that they have chosen to channel most of their motor business through the insurance  arm of Krung Thai bank. As such they will have much leverage in the event of poor claims  settlement.

I spoke recently with the director af a major insurance broker, and he told me that he had heard no bad reports regarding Roojai or their preferred insurers.

How Roojai and the KTB Insurance offshoot can offer very much lower premiums that the rest of the market I do not know. I just hope they are sustainable. I, and no doubt a few older British members will remember the problems back in the 60's and 70's in the UK with Fire Auto & Marine and Vehicle & General who went bust leaving tens of thousands of motorists without insurance cover,

I for one have insured my wife's car through Roojai, but they are not interested in me -being over 70 -, and I have left my car insurance where it was

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2020, 08:52:31 AM »
Roojai.com was launched in 2016 to provide a new online insurance service and quickly stepped up to become an industry leader through cutting-edge innovation to give the best price for safe drivers. Using advanced technology, we make purchasing car insurance easier and more convenient for our customers. You can check your quote, customize your plan and coverage and buy your insurance directly online. In addition, you can report a claim via our app with real-time location tracking of the surveyor coming your way or do a car inspection through a video call. Roojai.com also offers different payment methods to fit our customers' lifestyle.

Feel confident knowing that Roojai.com has been approved by the Office of Insurance Commission (OIC) and we have partnered with Krungthai Panich Insurance (KPI), part of the Krungthai Bank group (KTB) for car insurance, and Liberty Mutual (LMG) for motorbike insurance.

Offline Freddy

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2020, 10:28:05 AM »
The point Nick makes about sustainability is a good one and certainly worth consideration when making insurance decisions.
My hope is that the volume of customers they are attracting and by focusing on driver\riders with good records, they will do well.
Ultimately I guess it is the centralization of the selling process that has allowed the reduced premiums. Umpteen Brokers Offices, home visit inspections, wages, overheads etc = high broker commissions. Strip them away and the savings get passed to the customers whilst the insurance companies can deliver the same level of cover.
In theory anyway!!!!!
Same thing all over Europe now.
Very few Brokers Offices left. Majority use Go Compare, Direct Line, etc and it has sustained for many years.
Thailand is now just catching up.

Offline DeputyDavid

• Reliable reporter on the right way
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2020, 11:25:33 AM »
I tried getting online quote for two different vehicles but instead of a quote I got a message to call.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick