{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Service in Buriram shops  (Read 6167 times)

Offline olavhome

• Contributor with future
Service in Buriram shops
« on: May 14, 2020, 07:08:16 PM »
I guess we all have been there:
Come into a shop, lots of staff around, busy looking elsewere or at their mobil phones.
And when you at last get some unlucky staffs attention and you  manage to put across your need, you get the answer "mai mi"
The worst about it is they look happy when they should be crying.
But somethimes things happen that give me new faith i  the local buziness emploees.
I like to do  my hardware shopping at ruangsangthai.
Prices are not important, same as it happen i need to wait i week for my product.
But they focus on service, and people speaking other languages then thai.
Just like today:
At Robinson found that the hard rubber under my one sandal had almost fallen off.
Next shop was ruangsangthai.
So i asked the young lady at the cashier if she could help me with a tape or something to fix it.
"No good" she answered.
Then she left 30 secs and came back with small, unopened tube og superglue.
She and friend took my sandal and after 1 minute --voila :-)
Then i asked her if she knew a place where i could print 2 pages document from my phone.
(I really needed it on paper)
"Just send it to me and i print" she said smiling.
So this is the closest i have been to heaven for a long time.
So she and the shop has got my eternal friendship :-)
Just liked to share some sunshine in a world where so mutch negative happen at the moment :-)
Have

Offline Pichai

• Reliable reporter on the right way
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Re: Service in Buriram shops
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2020, 11:07:36 AM »
Moses Lopez initially read the subject and thought of a different type of "service shop" in Buriram. This is Mr. Bob and I am so happy that Mr. Olav posted positive comments about Miss Biew and the other team members of Ruangsangthai. I have worked in the store for Mr. Pichai since July 2014 and I swear the vast majority of the staff do try their very best to assist customers, both Thai and expats. Miss Biew is very helpful and she does "think outside the box".  Miss Dao understands and speaks German, Thai and some English. Miss Biew and Miss Jaew have helped many expats, including me with PEA questions across the street. With Travel restrictions ending sooner than later we hope to see more of the customers who live outside of Buriram. I've been shipping spare parts, lawn mowers and power tools to customers near and far, and in this day and age of travel challenges, feel free to contact me or Moses for shipping any reasonable items we stock.  While we received four container loads of solar panels this week in Buriram, it is a product we can't ship to distant customers. Solar power deep well submersible DC pumps are a top selling item in Buriram. Thank you again Mr. Olav.

Tassie

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2020, 11:38:53 AM »
Bob,
You sure know how to (free advertise) milk a comment to its max.
The actual service department does a good job as I have had several items that needed repair and the jobs were done professionally.
Regards

Offline Gerry

• Contributor on the right way
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2020, 08:37:31 PM »
Bob,
You sure know how to (free advertise) milk a comment to its max.
The actual service department does a good job as I have had several items that needed repair and the jobs were done professionally.
Regards

Could do with cutting the crap with regards to "Mr" and "Miss" in the names. There is no need when trying to promote an English speaking environment.

Also stop trying to sell things to people that they really don't need. More than once I have experienced this.

Offline olavhome

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2020, 08:43:26 PM »
Thats ok with me.
It feels like suggestions on their behalf.
And if (after trying to think :-) ) i find i dont need, i say "no thanks"  :-)

Offline Gerry

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2020, 08:46:20 PM »
Thats ok with me.

I felt the experiences I had were not suggestions. They were down right forceful selling techniques.

Maybe things have changed a little since. I have not been there for a while now. I find all I need in other outlets in and around Buriram.

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2020, 04:59:05 AM »
Unfortunately at "other outlets", whilst you may not experience hard sell/persuasion. techniques, I get totally pissed off with the "sawasdi khraps" every few metres, and often being followed around. On several occasions I have walked out. When I do want advice or need to ask where I might find something, no bugger has a clue!

Offline Wayne from Aus

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2020, 05:00:14 AM »
Some time ago I wanted to buy electric hand shearers for trimming grass around trees etc. Went to the hardware store and purchased it. The charger was at another place and the staff offered to to bring the entire unit to my house as a special delivery next day. Goods arrived next day with invoice, unit was fully charged as well. Great service at Ruangsangthai .

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2020, 07:54:38 AM »
Thats ok with me.

I felt the experiences I had were not suggestions. They were down right forceful selling techniques.

Maybe things have changed a little since. I have not been there for a while now. I find all I need in other outlets in and around Buriram.

I think you are a lone voice on this one.

But up to you where you shop.

Offline Freddy

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2020, 08:41:45 AM »
Personally I?ve never experienced a hard sell at Ruangsangthai.
What I have experienced is a warm welcome, a bend over backwards to please and overall excellent service.

Offline pagan1

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2020, 12:21:05 PM »
Hmmm...............they tried to make me bend over backwards when suggesting I pay B50,000 for a Wood Chipper. Not a store I would return to. That 'Soooo helpful'  American sales patter does not appeal to this Brit. Also find some of the swarmy posts on this site from Mr Pichai et all somewhat obnoxious

Offline DeputyDavid

• Reliable reporter on the right way
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2020, 12:23:30 PM »
I am very pleased with Ruangsangthai sales and service. On the rare occasion that there is an issue with a product I purchased there, the after sale service was fantastic, and the issue was resolved to my satisfaction. I know they don?t make the tools but they do stand behind them if there is a problem. I have on several occasions needed a tool that is not in stock and always I get a response of we will order it for you and it will be here xxx day.

Just try going to another store looking for a piece of trim .... that is not in stock. End of answer. No offer to order. Turns out this national chain had it in stock the whole time but it was not on display.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 12:26:14 PM by DeputyDavid »

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2020, 04:24:34 PM »
Same here on RuangsangThai. Nothing but Kudos for the staff there.

Most of the building supplies for our New House have been bought at RuangsangThai and No complaints here, if they don't have stuff they can order it and they will keep you informed when approx it's going to arrive.

Example: Was looking for a obscure Brand (for Thailand that is) Water Pump for the house (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMHLzEfD0cg) and Bob got it for a better price it sells for on Lazada and it was delivered (free) in less then a weeks time.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 04:26:49 PM by iammike »

Offline Beer Leo

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2020, 08:36:46 PM »
RuangsangThai: Good service, good staff and quality products.  bravo1

Tassie

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2020, 01:37:33 AM »
????????????
Some good staff