{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: 1 year Non-imm O multi-entry Conundrum  (Read 11752 times)

Offline Smithy

• Reliable reporter on the right way
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
1 year Non-imm O multi-entry Conundrum
« on: March 24, 2020, 09:11:57 AM »
I have been using a 1 year Non-imm O multi-entry obtained from Savannakhet  to stay here in Thailand for many years.
My next border run is due on April the 8th and if the present rules stay in place even if the Border re-opens I will need a medical certificate and Heath Insurance to the cover of $100,000 .Also I've heard that those here on a work permit  and using a 1 year Non-imm O multi-entry and are not married are being told to leave and go back to their Country of origin. :o

So MY plan is ... to apply for a 60 day extension to visit my wife at the local Immigration Office before the 8th

I have just brought money from the UK so I can put 400k in a deposit account ( and will just leave it there for future Visa extensions ) . I could have brought this money over years ago but decided to go the 1 year Non-imm O multi-entry route as my money could stay in the UK as monetary requirements are not needed at Savannakhet
As soon as the the 400k has been in the bank for the required 60 Days I will then ask for a Extension based on marriage .Hopefully this will all be OK and I can do this without having to leave Thailand .
I'm one of the lucky one's ( hopefully ) that has the money if need be to change over from a 1 year Non-imm O multi-entry to an extension based on marriage . But what if you cant raise the cash required to meet the requirements ? ???  :ohmy:

These are troubling time's , not only because of Visa issue's but most of us Ex-pats are at an age where if we caught the Covid-19 virus it could be curtains !!!  :(

Stay Safe are remember to try and Self-isolate. It's not to that hard for me as I've been doing it for year  :biggrin:

Offline Smithy

Re: 1 year Non-imm O multi-entry Conundrum
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2020, 12:01:06 PM »
Just got back from the Immigration Office . My 60 day extension was granted ( 1900 baht ) and after investing in a few pack's of Water and some Soda/Pop ( for the Officers ) I became an Immigration Sponsor ;) , then had my photo taken with the Head Honcho  biggrin1 and I'm now a VIP Client and was told my yearly marriage extension was in the bag after showing 400K + in my deposit account ( once seasoned )  ,"just come back at the beginning of June " they said. thumbup

BTW....... I handed over all my paperwork and my Wife and I stayed seated in the chairs provided outside the Office , I was first in the queue and was done and dusted in less than 20 minutes. I had to go inside the Office to have my photo taken . All the Officers had Mask's and Plastic Face Shields , plus there was Plastic sheet in front of their rows of desks as well ( for safety ) . Great service ,very helpful and now being a VIP Client  cool1 things can only get better .  :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Offline Smithy

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2020, 06:49:07 PM »
I had to go inside the Office to have my photo taken . All the Officers had Mask's and Plastic Face Shields , plus there was Plastic sheet in front of their rows of desks as well ( for safety ) .

:)

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2020, 07:18:31 PM »
I had to go inside the Office to have my photo taken . All the Officers had Mask's and Plastic Face Shields , plus there was Plastic sheet in front of their rows of desks as well ( for safety ) .

:)

+1

Offline Smithy

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2020, 07:49:41 PM »
My 60 day extension was granted ( 1900 baht ) and after investing in a few pack's of Water and some Soda/Pop, I became an Immigration Sponsor

So If you go to SI feel free to help yourself to a free water or coke ....knowing they have been brought ( sponsored ) by other local people like me  :biggrin:

Offline dimple joe

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2020, 10:04:15 PM »
So If you go to SI feel free to help yourself to a free water or coke ....knowing they have been brought ( sponsored ) by other local people like me  :biggrin:

You sir, are an absolutely bloody nice bloke.

Although one does feel your name is misspelt, shouldn't it be with two Fs ?

Offline Smithy

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2020, 10:29:14 PM »

You sir, are an absolutely bloody nice bloke.

Although one does feel your name is misspelt, shouldn't it be with two Fs ?

To be honest DJ .......the IO was talking to my wife and said they were looking for sponsors to help stock the cool box so clients sitting outside in the heat could have cold drinks available . She was the one that said we would be more than happy to help out  :o .......I was just the one that had to put my hand in my pocket   :laugh:
They promised to send her some photos to her LINE account , if they do I will post them up   :biggrin:

Offline dimple joe

• Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2020, 10:38:49 PM »
OK then, your wife is an absolutely bloody nice bloke....

My wife thinks she saw you when she was nearby buying new glasses.

Personally I dont think they suit her.....

Offline Smithy

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2020, 01:36:37 PM »
They promised to send her some photos to her LINE account , if they do I will post them up   :biggrin:

As promised  biggrin1

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2020, 02:38:18 PM »

As promised  biggrin1

Are you still on that Keto diet Smithy?

Just asking......

Offline Smithy

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2020, 02:40:50 PM »

As promised  biggrin1

Are you still on that Keto diet Smithy?

Just asking......

Sort of , but not as strict as I was ....I've been a steady 89-90k ( sometimes 88k ) for the last 6 months  hungry1

Offline Smithy

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2020, 04:43:02 PM »
I took all my Paperwork to SI today and after 3 hours I managed to leave with my new One Month Marriage Visa Extension Under Consideration Stamp . The only thing I was pulled up on was the Photos I submitted did show My House Number . I was told I must have a House Number fitted before they come on their Home Visit , so an extra photo can be taken showing the Wife and I standing outside of our Home with the House Number clearly visible. I can always go and buy a permanent marker pen and write the House Number on the Front Wall pillar but I guess my Wife will want something a bit more elaborate,which will no doubt cost me.  :biggrin:
After living in Thailand for 20+ years I am used waiting a long time ( 3 hours seemed a long time ) whist the powers that be process the paperwork. As I've been doing a Non-Imm 'O' visa extension at Savannakhet for the last 5 or 6 years so I guess things will become a little easier as I wont have to do a 90 day border hop and a 2/3 day tip to Laos every 15 months . But I would sooner that my 10,000 GBP ( 400,000 Baht ) was still sitting in my UK bank account though ....... but under these Covid-19 circumstances I had no other choice really.
I was planning to go back to the UK this summer for a 3/4 week holiday ( first time in 10 years ) lets hope the New Normal goes back to the Old Normal ASAP so we can all get our lives back on track ...We will just have to wait and see how things pan out  ::)

Paper work Submitted

#1 Bank letter obtained the day before .....  Original plus 1 photo-copy
#2 Bank passbook updated ( Deposit account ).. 2 photo-copies
#3 Marriage cert ...... plus 2 photo-copies
#4 KorRor2 marriage registration document . Original plus 1 photo-copy ( 20B from the Local Amphur Office )
#5 Wife ID card... 2 photo-copies
#6 Wife's Tabian Baan... 2 photo-copies
#7 My passport with 2 photo-copies of each of the following ....Passport photo/info page , current visa page ( Non Imm'O' ) , Visa Extension page ( from 2 months ago ) and the TM6 departure card.
#8 4 x 6"x4" photos showing the wife and I outside the front of our house , on the Veranda, in the Living room and sitting at the dining table .
#8 2 passport Photos .
#9 Because of the Corvid-19 restrictions they completed the  TM7 ( application form ) for me ...... All we had to do was sit outside and wait until they brought us all the completed paper work for us to sign

Roll on the Home Visit  :biggrin:
« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 04:45:50 PM by Smithy »

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2020, 07:44:58 PM »
I took all my Paperwork to SI today and after 3 hours I managed to leave with my new One Month Marriage Visa Extension Under Consideration Stamp . The only thing I was pulled up on was the Photos I submitted did show My House Number . I was told I must have a House Number fitted before they come on their Home Visit , so an extra photo can be taken showing the Wife and I standing outside of our Home with the House Number clearly visible. I can always go and buy a permanent marker pen and write the House Number on the Front Wall pillar but I guess my Wife will want something a bit more elaborate,which will no doubt cost me.  :biggrin:
After living in Thailand for 20+ years I am used waiting a long time ( 3 hours seemed a long time ) whist the powers that be process the paperwork. As I've been doing a Non-Imm 'O' visa extension at Savannakhet for the last 5 or 6 years so I guess things will become a little easier as I wont have to do a 90 day border hop and a 2/3 day tip to Laos every 15 months . But I would sooner that my 10,000 GBP ( 400,000 Baht ) was still sitting in my UK bank account though ....... but under these Covid-19 circumstances I had no other choice really.
I was planning to go back to the UK this summer for a 3/4 week holiday ( first time in 10 years ) lets hope the New Normal goes back to the Old Normal ASAP so we can all get our lives back on track ...We will just have to wait and see how things pan out  ::)

Paper work Submitted

#1 Bank letter obtained the day before .....  Original plus 1 photo-copy
#2 Bank passbook updated ( Deposit account ).. 2 photo-copies
#3 Marriage cert ...... plus 2 photo-copies
#4 KorRor2 marriage registration document . Original plus 1 photo-copy ( 20B from the Local Amphur Office )
#5 Wife ID card... 2 photo-copies
#6 Wife's Tabian Baan... 2 photo-copies
#7 My passport with 2 photo-copies of each of the following ....Passport photo/info page , current visa page ( Non Imm'O' ) , Visa Extension page ( from 2 months ago ) and the TM6 departure card.
#8 4 x 6"x4" photos showing the wife and I outside the front of our house , on the Veranda, in the Living room and sitting at the dining table .
#8 2 passport Photos .
#9 Because of the Corvid-19 restrictions they completed the  TM7 ( application form ) for me ...... All we had to do was sit outside and wait until they brought us all the completed paper work for us to sign

Roll on the Home Visit  :biggrin:

Good report. Just as a note. "One Month Marriage Visa Extension Under Consideration Stamp" You did not receive a one month marriage extension, The under 30 day is part of your 12 month marriage extension. They have to send your application to Region 4 HQ in Khon Khan for approval. Give em a call a few days before the date in the stamp and give em the special number signed to you in that stamp they will check and see what your status is. In the past they have been known to be taking up to 8 weeks for the approval but I'm sure it may be back to normal.

Offline Smithy

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2020, 08:43:09 PM »
Good report. Just as a note. "One Month Marriage Visa Extension Under Consideration Stamp" You did not receive a one month marriage extension, The under 30 day is part of your 12 month marriage extension. They have to send your application to Region 4 HQ in Khon Khan for approval. Give em a call a few days before the date in the stamp and give em the special number signed to you in that stamp they will check and see what your status is. In the past they have been known to be taking up to 8 weeks for the approval but I'm sure it may be back to normal.

Thanks for pointing out the right Visa Extension terminology for me, your years of reading Thai Visa has paid dividends  :biggrin:

After 17 years here in Isaan and 10/11 of them on a Extension based on marriage I know how it all works with the numbers written in Biro on the stamp. The first time I used SI it was in a smallish building on the left about 2k before you got to Kap Choeng. They did tell me last time I was there at SI that they will be opening an Office in the new Government Building on the Surin ring road, which will be good for those that live in the North of the Province , with a saving a 116.8K on the round trip  party14

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2020, 08:00:20 AM »

Thanks for pointing out the right Visa Extension terminology for me, your years of reading Thai Visa has paid dividends  :biggrin:

After 17 years here in Isaan and 10/11 of them on a Extension based on marriage I know how it all works with the numbers written in Biro on the stamp. The first time I used SI it was in a smallish building on the left about 2k before you got to Kap Choeng. They did tell me last time I was there at SI that they will be opening an Office in the new Government Building on the Surin ring road, which will be good for those that live in the North of the Province , with a saving a 116.8K on the round trip  party14

I have no doubt you have a splendid understanding of how things work at SI the problem is the noobs only have their bar stool. ::) Did you notice that the old KCI building that housed Ms Big Tits is all but removed. Yes it is time the that those up north get an office but I do not see it this year not until the Corona Beer Flue is over. The new government building is being used a quarantine center. It will be interesting to hear if SI does send out a team to investigate you after all these years you have been on a marriage extension. They have only been to my home 1 time at that was 6 years back when it was still KCI.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick