{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: lockdown  (Read 54291 times)

Offline dimple joe

• Prolific Member
lockdown
« on: March 17, 2020, 06:16:05 AM »
google translate is not 100 percent but you will get the drift

Buriram announced the closure of the city  Screening people through every province via channels  Stop all activities to support the flea market.

On March 16, Mr. Ne Win Chidchob posted a statement by Mr Thatchakon Hatthathayakun, Buriram governor.  The case of the protection against the virus, Covid 19, with a message stating that the Buriram GU statement against COVID is to close the city for safety, to stop activities to prevent the spread of the sick, to separate the treatment.

"It hurts but the end of the house. GU must be safe. Who doesn't do it? GU makes Buriram to fight !!!!!" Ne Win said.

In the statement, there are details stating that from the severity of the outbreak of Covid 19, Buriram province.  Therefore announcing measures to close the city with public health measures, screening for all those entering Buriram  Whether foreign  Or upcountry  Including screening airports, railway stations, hotels, as well as monitoring systems for visitors for 14 days. In addition, all activities are closed, seminars, entertainment, tutorials, flea markets, if not able to stop, must notify the sheriff.  Including the campaign  Love father worried mother  Do not walk during Songkran  To stop Covid 19
« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 06:18:54 AM by dimple joe »

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
Re: lockdown
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2020, 09:41:41 AM »
My understanding was/is that it applies to the whole province of Buriram, and not just Buriram city. As normal, nothing is ever clear, and no doubt it will all totally or partly be rescinded later today!. Our neighbouring countries seem to do things properly.

Tassie

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2020, 03:33:34 PM »
Does anyone know if the Buriram Thai Immigration office is open tommorrow?
Regards

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2020, 04:48:03 PM »
It appears to me that the word "lockdown" has caused pandemonium with some people.

It really is , at the moment, nothing near to a lockdown. Shops, bars, retaurants, schools, banks and government offices all open. People free to walk, ride and drive about Buriram as they please. The only issue is with gatherings of a certain size and anyone who enters Buriram from another province, region or country.

For those living in Buriram life goes on as per usual.

Offline dimple joe

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2020, 05:32:18 PM »
As Prackhonchai Nick hinted, piss ups and breweries spring to mind.

I was amused to see that panic buying has started in the USA.

However, while in the UK and Austraiia the shelves have been stripped bare of Bog Rolls, in the US they are mobbing the gun shops.......

Offline mudcat

• Contributor with future
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2020, 05:58:51 PM »
Here in Tako (Chaloem Phrase Kiat) two new monk ceremonies have been cancelled and the status of the biweekly market is uncertain.

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2020, 06:11:55 PM »
It appears to me that the word "lockdown" has caused pandemonium with some people.

It really is , at the moment, nothing near to a lockdown. Shops, bars, retaurants, schools, banks and government offices all open. People free to walk, ride and drive about Buriram as they please. The only issue is with gatherings of a certain size and anyone who enters Buriram from another province, region or country.

For those living in Buriram life goes on as per usual.

+1

We drove today from Krasang (very close to Surin) to Buriram and then went on to Satuek and then went back to our house (in Buriram Province) and we haven't seen anyone lockdown or police checkpoint on our whole trip. We were only asked in HomePro (Buriram) and Ruangsaengthai (Buriram) to use Hand sanitizers and even in some other stores (in Buriram) that wasn't even needed, so province lockdown, maybe but we haven't seen any evidence of that yet.

BUT If coming from other provinces to Buriram there could be Temperature checks (as I am told) but they are the same as going shopping in Makro!

Edit: On the way back the market in Ban Yang was in full swing

Offline fishsauce

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2020, 09:50:22 AM »
I too live in Amphur Krasang. Most of my life revolves around Surin not Buriram, so the restrictions on incoming to Buriram from another province are an issue for me.
As of now no checks / roadblocks on the 226 near the Surin 'border'.

Right now the wife is at a village meeting being addressed by a doctor/nurse on the virus and precautions to be taken

Offline dimple joe

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2020, 10:09:24 AM »
Police shot and killed a drug dealer near Big C in Buriram yesterday

Buriram scores

Police 1 Cororanvirus 0

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2020, 01:27:11 PM »
KTB (Krung Thai Bank) Krasang is closing for one week from today!

Offline Hank Gunn

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2020, 04:57:40 PM »
I have to go into Korat on Fri. for some personal business, planning on returning the same day. I hope I don't run into a hassle on the way back.

I plan to bring my passport and of course Thai driver's license that shows my address here in Buriram city.

Anyone here think I might have any problems/issues? If so, any suggestions?

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2020, 05:01:35 PM »
No idea @Hank Gunn, I am interested to know as well as my wife has a Doctor's appointment at the Bangkok Hospital Korat end of next week.

Offline Hank Gunn

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2020, 05:16:32 PM »
No idea @Hank Gunn, I am interested to know as well as my wife has a Doctor's appointment at the Bangkok Hospital Korat end of next week.

My trip is for an appt. at Bangkok Hospital as well. Plus, I have to get some meds that are only available at a pharmacy there (one I highly recommend by the way).

I'm 99% sure I'll forget to do this, but if I not I'll try to report my experience here when I get back.

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2020, 05:19:01 PM »
Like others I went to Buriram this morning...same province. Saw nothing unusual. Makro took my temperature, and I helped myself to handgel on leaving (Didn't see much point on entering)  Norte that Makro have discontinued the car parking tickets/cards

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2020, 05:20:36 PM »

My trip is for an appt. at Bangkok Hospital as well. Plus, I have to get some meds that are only available at a pharmacy there (one I highly recommend by the way).

I'm 99% sure I'll forget to do this, but if I not I'll try to report my experience here when I get back.

Pharmacy is Fascino by any chance?

Good Luck, and IMHO it won't be a big issue maybe only a roadblock with Temperature Checks

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick