{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Extension of O-A Visa  (Read 9126 times)

Offline alans

• Contributor with future
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Extension of O-A Visa
« on: July 18, 2019, 09:12:28 PM »
I know it's early days, but I just want to be as prepared as possible. I have an O-A Visa, based on retirement and will seek my first extension in March next year. I will be using the minimum 65,000 baht per month to meet the financial requirements, but can someone please tell me what other documentation I will need and also advise if my bank account was opened at a Bangkok branch, do I need to transfer it to a Buriram branch? I will be using the Buriram Immigration office.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 09:14:40 PM by alans »

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
Re: Extension of O-A Visa
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2019, 09:58:30 PM »
From what I have seen, this is still somewhat valid:

http://www.buriramexpats.com/forum/index.php/topic,9189.0.html

However, as you mention income is the big issue.  Since embassies are stopping income validation you need to ensure your ducks are in a row.  With the 65K Baht you will probably need to prove that is coming into Thailand monthly.  Having 800K Baht may be a better route if you can have it there 90 days prior to you applying for the extension.

What BI requires is the most important think to know as it seems each immigration office sets its own requirements, unfortunately they change without warning. 

Offline alans

• Contributor with future
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2019, 07:24:33 AM »
Thanks for the reply. I use Bahtsmart to transfer my superannuation pension income each month from Australia to my Kasikorn account, so I have records of all of these transfers. I also save monthly Kasikorn statements and have been told I can get a letter from Kasikorn verifying the dates and amounts of the international transfers. My superannuation fund can also verify the monthly payments, in AUD and can advise why they cannot transfer direct to an international account, hence the reason for using Bahtsmart.  I hope this provides adequate proof.

Thanks again.

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2019, 07:30:21 AM »

However, as you mention income is the big issue.  Since embassies are stopping income validation you need to ensure your ducks are in a row.  With the 65K Baht you will probably need to prove that is coming into Thailand monthly.  Having 800K Baht may be a better route if you can have it there 90 days prior to you applying for the extension.

What BI requires is the most important think to know as it seems each immigration office sets its own requirements, unfortunately they change without warning. 

Things have change and old threads may not give you the information you need.

If you are from UK/US/AUS or Denmark you can no longer get a letter of income verification from your embassy. This means that your only options are 800k in the bank or 65k monthly income.

With the income method there is no "probably" about it. You NEED to show at least 65k entering your Thai bank from a foreign country every month. 63k this month and 67k next month does not work. It MUST be at least 65k every month.

The 800k must be in the bank for 2 months, not 90 days, prior to application. It must now be in the bank for 3 months after the extension has been granted also. The balance of your bank account can not dip below 400k for the entirety. If you do not adhere to the rules regarding bank balance after issue of extension then any subsequent applications will be denied.

With regards to having a bank account in Bangkok, that will depend on how friendly the branch in Buriram are. If they are willing to issue the required documents on behalf of the Bangkok branch then you will have no problems. If not, it is my understanding that you will not be able to transfer to Buriram but rather you will need to close your account in Bangkok and open a new one in Buriram.

With regards to documents needed you could ask Buriram immigration on your first visit, the visit you will need to make for your wife to file a TM30.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 07:35:11 AM by Starman »

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2019, 06:42:46 PM »

will seek my first extension in March next year.

The 800k must be in the bank for 2 months, not 90 days, prior to application.

My understanding is that an extension requires 90 days, it is the initial application that can be 60 days (2 months). 

So Starman you are saying the OP only needs 60 days for an extension? 

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2019, 06:45:20 PM »

will seek my first extension in March next year.

The 800k must be in the bank for 2 months, not 90 days, prior to application.

My understanding is that an extension requires 90 days, it is the initial application that can be 60 days (2 months). 

So Starman you are saying the OP only needs 60 days for an extension? 

No. That is not what I am saying. I am not saying 60 days. I am saying 2 months.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2019, 07:21:56 PM »

No. That is not what I am saying. I am not saying 60 days. I am saying 2 months.

So you are saying that the op will get his extension with 800K Baht in the bank for 2 months?     

Amazing, I had an extension denied with 4 months (Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb)  in the bank, but only 85 days. 

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2019, 07:27:06 PM »

So you are saying that the op will get his extension with 800K Baht in the bank for 2 months?     

Amazing, I had an extension denied with 4 months (Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb)  in the bank, but only 85 days. 

Not sure what that means. There are a lot more than 85 days in any combination of 4 months.

The rule of 2 months seasoning was introduced after you applied.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2019, 07:51:45 PM »

Not sure what that means. There are a lot more than 85 days in any combination of 4 months.

Transfer money 10 Nov.    (November is 1 month. 20 days.)
Have  in Bank 1 -31 Dec   ( Dec 31 Days, Dec is 2nd month.  51 total)
Have in Bank 1 -31 Jan   (Jan 31 days, Jan Is 3rd month.   82 total)   
Have in Bank 3 Feb        ( Feb is 4th month, 85 days)

So that is  4 months, 85 days with denied visa. 

But again, you are saying the Op can get his extension with 2 months? 

Note that  2 months can be 31 July (1 day) and 1 Aug (1 day) which means 2 days is the same as 2 months. 

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2019, 07:57:43 PM »

Note that  2 months can be 31 July (1 day) and 1 Aug (1 day) which means 2 days is the same as 2 months. 

That is possibly the funniest and at the same time saddest thing you have ever written.

If you see my post I said "2 months prior to application". Even the most unknowledgeable and uneducated people would understand that. You of all people, who have already had you own warped method rejected, should understand what that means.

Funny non the less.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 07:59:42 PM by Starman »

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2019, 08:14:01 PM »

That is possibly the funniest and at the same time saddest thing you have ever written.

If you see my post I said "2 months prior to application". Even the most unknowledgeable and uneducated people would understand that.

Funny non the less.

So according to you Starman the Op only needs 2 months (somewhere between 2 -62 days that you refuse to define).  I say with his 1st extension he would need at least 90 days in the bank with 800,000 baht. 

Exactly how many days does the op need have baht in the bank to get his 1st extension for a retirement visa? 

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2019, 08:22:28 PM »

If you see my post I said "2 months prior to application". Even the most unknowledgeable and uneducated people would understand that.

Funny non the less.

So according to you Starman the Op only needs 2 months (somewhere between 2 -62 days that you refuse to define).  I say with his 1st extension he would need at least 90 days in the bank with 800,000 baht. 

Exactly how many days does the op need have baht in the bank to get his 1st extension for a retirement visa? 
Once again your insatiable appetite to try to undermine anything I say has come back to bite you on the arse. Here is the ruling. Lets see how many people think 2 days would be enough. It is not I that defines what 2 months really is. now is it? Go ahead. Put your money in the bank today and attempt to get an extension any earlier that 19th September.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2019, 08:28:14 PM »

Funny non the less.

Once again your insatiable appetite to try to undermine anything I say has come back to bite you on the arse. Here is the ruling. Lets see how many people think 2 days would be enough. It is not I that defines what 2 months really is. now is it? Go ahead. Put your money in the bank today and attempt to get an extension any earlier that 19th September.

I agree with your definition of visa application.  However, this is not a visa application, it is an extention. 

So provide the exact requrements for an entension.

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2019, 08:34:56 PM »
Oh dear, Urleft.

Please look at the form. It says "application for stay in the kingdom". It also says "must have been granted a Non immigrant visa". Also this is a police order. Visas are not issued under the provisions of Royal Thai Police but the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Extensions of Stay are issued by Royal Thai Police, as per this order. Hope this helps.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2019, 08:39:50 PM »
Oh dear, Urleft.

Please look at the form. It says "application for stay in the kingdom". It also says "must have been granted a Non immigrant visa". Also this is a police order. Visas are not issued under the provisions of Royal Thai Police but the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Extensions of Stay are issued by Royal Thai Police, as per this order. Hope this helps.

The Op says:   " I have an O-A Visa, based on retirement "    so you are saying he needs to apply for new visa?  I thought he could apply for an extension, am I am wrong?

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick