{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Bangkok Bank not accepting Driver's Licenses for withdrawls  (Read 7675 times)

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster

The TW tried to make a significant withdrawal from our joint Bangkok Bank (Big C) Savings account and the teller would not accept our Thai driver's Licenses as the ID, they wanted the Thai Government ID or a passport.  Which unfortunately we did not have other ID's with us so did not get the funds we wanted. 

Since I usually just use the ATM did not know about the issue, I know last year I used my DL to make a withdrawal at BB.

Forewarned it forearmed. 

Offline Gerry

• Contributor on the right way
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Re: Bangkok Bank not accepting Driver's Licenses for withdrawls
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2019, 08:22:38 PM »

The TW tried to make a significant withdrawal from our joint Bangkok Bank (Big C) Savings account and the teller would not accept our Thai driver's Licenses as the ID, they wanted the Thai Government ID or a passport.  Which unfortunately we did not have other ID's with us so did not get the funds we wanted. 

Since I usually just use the ATM did not know about the issue, I know last year I used my DL to make a withdrawal at BB.

Forewarned it forearmed.

Absolutely correct decision.

I would hate to think that someone could withdraw money from a bank using an ID that could so easily be faked.

Offline Smithy

• Reliable reporter on the right way
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2019, 08:32:41 PM »

I would hate to think that someone could withdraw money from a bank using an ID that could so easily be faked.

Too right Gerry ..................I think urleft needs a check up from the neck up   redman
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 08:34:37 PM by Smithy »

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2019, 07:00:02 AM »

Too right Gerry ..................I think urleft needs a check up from the neck up   redman

:D :D :D :D

Offline Freddy

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2019, 07:03:33 AM »
I?ve always used my PP for counter cash withdrawals. Never occurred to me that a DL would be accepted.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2019, 07:25:59 AM »
I've been using my Thai DL for years not only in banks but checking into hotels, local air travel, ID check for credit card use, etc.  If they accept it why not use it?

Also when using Thailand tourist attractions and present my Thailand Driver's License I usually get the Thai rate instead of the foreigner rate.

I don't normally carry my passport as it would be painful to replace it if lost or stolen.  Usually I carry a passport copy but did not have one this time, I once had the police take my PP copy instead of the original. 

So up until yesterday I found the Thai DL regularly accepted not only in Thailand, but I have also used it in the USA. 

And maybe I do need the checkup, I just remembered I have pictures of my passport on my phone as backup.  Should have tried to show that. 

Offline jmcet

• Contributor with future
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2019, 12:14:56 AM »
Must depend on the branch and how well they know you. I don't know if they have my PP or DL but I need not show any ID to make any transactions to include currency exchange,,,

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick