{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Extensions on retirement  (Read 6813 times)

Offline secosteve

• Contributor with future
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Extensions on retirement
« on: May 22, 2019, 01:26:29 PM »
Went to the ID near I mobile today to do my 90 days and enquired about my retirement extension which is due next month. As I rely on my pension I asked what documentation they required. I informed the officer that my two pensions have been paid in to my Thai bank account for the past three years. He informed me that he needed proof of my pensions in the form of a pay slip showing that I actually have an income and not money transferred from my UK bank account. He also asked for a copy of my bank statement covering the past three years and, if I still have, a copy of an Embassy letter that I had submitted with my previous application. Not sure about the last request but one thing that is apparent is that you have to have an income.

Offline Geordie Boy

Re: Extensions on retirement
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2019, 03:15:05 PM »
One thing that is apparent to me is that the immigration officer at the imobile likes to make up his own rules and is often pushing for a "tip".

Offline secosteve

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2019, 03:19:05 PM »
Geordie Boy, have not seen this one there before and there was no intimation that he was after a tip. He seemed very efficient, had a good command of English and was helpful.

Offline Geordie Boy

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2019, 03:38:29 PM »
OK maybe not the same chap, but the requirement he indicates for future extensions bear no resemblance to the regulations currently in force or applied at any immigration office I know of.

Offline secosteve

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2019, 07:11:16 PM »
Geordie boy, you really need to get updated with the current immigration requirements for extensions based on income, maybe you are living in a time warp, but things have changed.

Offline Geordie Boy

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2019, 08:41:39 PM »
Secosteve perhaps you could provide me with a link to the Police Order which requires 3 years bank statements, pay slips from pension providers etc.
I will post the latest Police Order which makes no mention of these. I prefer to rely on official documents as opposed to the opinion of 1 low ranking immigration officer

Offline Geordie Boy

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2019, 08:55:21 PM »
Police Order attached.

Offline Geordie Boy

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2019, 08:56:47 PM »
Page 2

Offline Geordie Boy

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2019, 08:57:51 PM »
Page 3

Offline secosteve

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2019, 07:23:49 AM »
Geordie boy, my post was about the requirements asked of me by the Buriram Office. You can copy and paste the whole immigration act but it makes no difference. Immigration say they require proof of my income and that it is paid in to a Thai bank account. Buriram ID say they will not accept bank transfers from private accounts as that is not actual proof of your income. Why do they want three years bank statements, it is probably because I told them my pensions had been transferred for that period of time. with regard to my pension slip the officer said wanted to see further proof. My post was to inform other expats of my experience and what requirements were in place. As or providing a link to an order that is totally irrelevant as each provincial office has a certain amount of autonomy in interpreting the rules. For me it is not a problem providing three years of bank statement or any other documentation they require. Maybe at last the ID has tightened things up to kick  the people who do not have the relevant requirements for extensions.

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2019, 08:17:47 AM »
Buriram Immigration office in City Hall accepted only bank statements from a friend of mine last week.

Offline secosteve

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2019, 08:51:38 AM »
Starman, I can believe that as in general they are an inconsistent organisation, I only posted this to highlight what I encountered, I am sure there will be many different accounts.

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2019, 09:33:28 AM »
Starman, I can believe that as in general they are an inconsistent organisation, I only posted this to highlight what I encountered, I am sure there will be many different accounts.

Exactly.

That's why I posted. If one office wants to be a pain in the arse one can use the other office.

Offline Geordie Boy

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2019, 09:36:50 AM »
I have always found the office at the imobile to be a pain in the arse, now I only use the main office.

Offline Bob

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2019, 09:44:05 AM »
I did not do my extension here at i-Mobile IO yet, but my 90 reports are always good. 5 mins IO work (nothing from me, just my passport) , and 10 mins for a nice chat with IO.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick