{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Solar Powered Roof Attic Exhaust Fan Tested in Buriram Thailand  (Read 12008 times)

Offline Pichai

• Reliable reporter on the right way
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Solar Powered Roof Attic Exhaust Fan Tested in Buriram Thailand
« on: September 28, 2017, 05:34:41 PM »
Mr. Thai Bob tested each of the new shipment of Solar Powered Roof Exhaust Fans today in Buriram. These quality solar powered attic exhaust fans can be mounted on concrete tile roofs | slate Roofs | Asphalt Shingle | Metal Roof | Wood Shake roofs sold and installed in Buriram Thailand. Keeping your home cool and lowering your PEA electricity bill is a worthy endeavour when building a home in Buriram.  Thank you Mr. Pichai.

Offline Ahab

• Active member on the right way
  • Mostly right, just ask me
Re: Solar Powered Roof Attic Exhaust Fan Tested in Buriram Thailand
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 06:39:15 AM »
Those look like the ones I ordered?

Tassie

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2017, 06:49:39 AM »
What is the price of these solar powered exhaust fans?  How  do they work at night when there is no sun?
Regards

Offline Ahab

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2017, 07:25:04 AM »
Around 12,000 baht each, they work during the day to remove the hot air from the attic (pulling cooler air up from the ventilated eaves of your roof) which allows your house to stay cooler during the day (35-40 degrees C vice 60-70 degrees C). They will not work at night, but your roof and attic do not get really hot during the hours of darkness.

Offline Pichai

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2017, 12:25:01 PM »
Yes the solar powered air attic roof ventilation fan in the photos at the front entrance to Buriram Ruangsangthai near the Solar Panels are Ahab. Mr. Thai Bob tested them as we do all tools, to make sure they work prior to giving to the customer.

Offline Ahab

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2017, 01:19:33 PM »
They look really nice, I look forward to picking them up on Saturday.

Online Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2017, 06:10:47 AM »
Might investigate these. I have 2 of the aluminium "whirrly" ones, and am far from convinced they do any good.

I have a large roof area.. What sort of area would 1 unit work efficiently in?

Offline Ahab

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2017, 06:19:11 AM »
They are rated at 600 cubic feet per minute (almost 16 cu meters per minute) per unit. You would have to figure out how large your attic space is, and how fast you want the air to turnover. I had a similar unit on our house in Hawaii and it worked wonders (in addition to radiant barrier sheathing, roof ridge vent, and plenty of under eaves ventilation. I believe keeping the attic spaces as cool as possible is key to keeping the house cool in hotter climates. Our attic in Hawaii went from being a no go zone during the day to hot but comfortable to work after the additions. We had zero insulation and no aircon and the house was comfortable on all but a handful of the hottest days of the year.

Online Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2017, 06:20:44 AM »
They are rated at 600 cubic feet per minute (almost 16 cu meters per minute) per unit. You would have to figure out how large your attic space is, and how fast you want the air to turnover. I had a similar unit on our house in Hawaii and it worked wonders (in addition to radiant barrier sheathing, roof ridge vent, and plenty of under eaves ventilation. I believe keeping the attic spaces as cool as possible is key to keeping the house cool in hotter climates. Our attic in Hawaii went from being a no go zone during the day to hot but comfortable to work after the additions. We had zero insulation and no aircon and the house was comfortable on all but a handful of the hottest days of the year.

Thanks Ahab

Offline Pichai

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2017, 01:36:06 PM »
Saturday a full 40 foot container of Solar Power Products arrived at my family owned builders merchants store in Buriram. Please see me or my bi-lingual staff regarding solar power options for your home or farm in Buriram. Thank you, Mr. Pichai.

Offline nanglong218

• Contributor with future
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2017, 03:48:15 PM »
I wish to start a discussion on the cool thai house business. Our house build will begin soon.   Firstly I've ruled out concrete roof tiles in preference for colorbond with huge insulation, temp and sound.  LED lighting of course. My view on attic ventilation was simply find a car graveyard and buy a couple of radiator fans,one in and one out.   Get a step down transformer to 12v dc and off you go.  Cubic metres per minutes is above my tech understanding, as long as it flows, not bad?

Offline Ahab

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2017, 03:53:04 PM »
I wish to start a discussion on the cool thai house business. Our house build will begin soon.   Firstly I've ruled out concrete roof tiles in preference for colorbond with huge insulation, temp and sound.  LED lighting of course. My view on attic ventilation was simply find a car graveyard and buy a couple of radiator fans,one in and one out.   Get a step down transformer to 12v dc and off you go.  Cubic metres per minutes is above my tech understanding, as long as it flows, not bad?

No need to push air into the attic. Heat naturally rises, you just need to give a way to get out without letting bugs/birds/rain in. The solar powered fan takes care of rain and birds. and maybe bugs during the day and removes the hot air. You just need to make sure relatively cool (compared to possible attic temperatures of 60-70 degrees centigrade) can be sucked in under the eaves (in large quantities).

Insulation in tropical climates is not as good as radiant barrier (to keep heat out in the first place) combined with well thought out air flow in the attic. Large windows can also be an issue is not double paned and without reflective (mirror like) surface to prevent heat entry. Design with shade and airflow in mind. Remember for heat reflection, white is the absolute best color. Even colors such as light grey absorb heat much more than white. I suggest the bluescope  roof (as thick as you can get) colored white with the best radiant barrier sheathing you can get applied to the metal roof. Our work shed is complete and just the white bluescope roof with good radiant barrier sheathing (no ventilation) provides excellent protection from radiant heat penetrating the roof. If you are around Lahansai, Buriram PM me and I will give you directions to our house build. You can set up a time and check it out for yourself.

Cheers.

Offline Oily

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2017, 04:51:09 PM »
Paint house white or a light colour. Dark colour absorb heat

Offline Oily

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2017, 04:57:44 PM »
Exstracter  fan running all night bringing in all that nice cool night air . Took 2 weeks to cool the floors . Now house temperature in morning only 1 degree hotter than outside. 

Offline nanglong218

• Contributor with future
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2017, 05:05:09 PM »
Thanks Ahab, some very useful advice here.  I did wonder why, when the Oz govt began their disastrous loft insulation scheme the colder states were supplied with Rockwool and Queensland used tin foil.  Our existing farm buildings have silver colorbond but if white is best, so be it.  Regards sound insulation you will probably agree the monsoon can get very noisy, add to that noisy dogs and chickens.  Some peace and quiet would be nice.  I would definitely like to visit your build site.  Another guy on this site lives near you, BillH52, perhaps I can arrange a meeting there same day. 
I am here now after 14 years of visits to wife's village on a long term visa and in the business of making  friends.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Dentist by Thai Bart
June 13, 2024, 11:34:50 AM

Re: House moving by Gerry
June 11, 2024, 03:39:27 PM

House moving by GEOFFREY
June 11, 2024, 01:51:03 AM

Re: Dentist by dundeemk6
June 09, 2024, 03:49:48 PM

Re: Dentist by Thai Bart