{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Poll

WHAT IS YOUR PREDICTION ON BURIRAM UNITED DOING THE TREBLE.

The treble.
5 (33.3%)
The double
5 (33.3%)
Only one title
0 (0%)
No titles.
5 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: July 16, 2013, 09:04:37 AM

Author Topic: BURIRAM UNITED.  (Read 205920 times)

Offline candy

• Member in the hall of honorary
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Re: BURIRAM UNITED.
« Reply #375 on: September 04, 2013, 10:33:02 AM »
Quote by Itsme
My comparison between Scotland and Thailand was that only 2 teams can ever win. Result...boring. But seeing as you said it "Thai teams better than Scottish" :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

World football club rankings.

Celtic 47
Rangers 49

Buriram utd 223  buriram_united

Aberdeen 857
Dunddee 575
Heart of mid 815
Hibernian 984
Inverness 522
Kilmarnock 1066
Motherwell 439
Partick Thistle 732
Ross County 739
St. Johnstone 576
St. Mirren 1281

Don't ya just love it when that happens? :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

http://www.footballdatabase.com/worldrankings.php?Rnk=801
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 10:37:52 AM by candy »

Offline candy

« Reply #376 on: September 04, 2013, 10:40:44 AM »
I would say only one club can win the SPL this year.

Looking at the world club rankings, I'd agree.

Offline Adam

• Active member on the right way
« Reply #377 on: September 04, 2013, 11:27:43 AM »
He might keep misplacing his coaches, but he doesn't seem to be doing a bad job overall. For a politician, businessman and philanthropist he isn't too bad at running a football club.

I'd happily be his coach and let him run the show, money for nothing tired1 party15 buriramsmiley newsleeping

Charlie

« Reply #378 on: September 04, 2013, 12:27:35 PM »
Quote by Itsme
My comparison between Scotland and Thailand was that only 2 teams can ever win. Result...boring. But seeing as you said it "Thai teams better than Scottish" :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Celtic 47
Rangers 49

Aberdeen 857
Dunddee 575
Heart of mid 815
Hibernian 984
Inverness 522
Kilmarnock 1066
Motherwell 439
Partick Thistle 732
Ross County 739
St. Johnstone 576
St. Mirren 1281

As you probably know, Candy, seeing as you seem to spend your time cutting and pasting, the world rankings are calculated by recent records of victories, losses and draws in the teams' own domestic leagues.

So it seems that Celtic have achieved their ranking by playing teams ranked no lower that St Mirrren at 1281. Where as Buriram have achieved a much lower ranking by playing teams who are much lower in the rankings than that.

Don't you just love it ....... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Also you mentioned before that the Thai Premier league was founded in 1998. Buriram Utd were founded, or at least the club that Buriram became were, in 1970.

If you are to make comparisons you really should get things right. It appears that there was a football league apparent in Thailand long before you stated.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 12:32:08 PM by Itsme »

Offline candy

« Reply #379 on: September 04, 2013, 12:49:59 PM »
Quote by Itsme

Celtic 47
Rangers 49

Aberdeen 857
Dunddee 575
Heart of mid 815
Hibernian 984
Inverness 522
Kilmarnock 1066
Motherwell 439
Partick Thistle 732
Ross County 739
St. Johnstone 576
St. Mirren 1281

As you probably know, Candy, seeing as you seem to spend your time cutting and pasting, the world rankings are calculated by recent records of victories, losses and draws in the teams' own domestic leagues.

So it seems that Celtic have achieved their ranking by playing teams ranked no lower that St Mirrren at 1281. Where as Buriram have achieved a much lower ranking by playing teams who are much lower in the rankings than that.

Don't you just love it ....... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Also you mentioned before that the Thai Premier league was founded in 1998. Buriram Utd were founded, or at least the club that Buriram became were, in 1970.

If you are to make comparisons you really should get things right. It appears that there was a football league apparent in Thailand long before you stated.

I did not cut and paste. I actually wrote them down and typed.  thumbup
As stated 'Kor Royal Cup'
I did not start comparing leagues.
At the end of the day I, as in me as myself, enjoy the football in Thailand.
Each to their own. redman

Charlie

« Reply #380 on: September 04, 2013, 01:42:24 PM »

When was the last time the Glaziers over ruled Fergie about the ManU team? When was the last time any chairperson over ruled the Coach?

The last one that tried it was Abramovich. Look what has happened there. A complete turnaround.

It is all well and good listing achievements, but at the end of the day you must look at what else could be achieved. I was hoping that the amount of funding in the Thai premier league would increase the standard of Thai football. Sadly not.

There is now a boring "scottish" or "spanish" scenario where only two teams can ever win. The only difference is that Spanish football is good to watch. For that matter so is Scottish football when you compare to Thai.

party6 party6 party6 party6 party6

Why did David Bak ham leave Man U?   Fergie?

Thai Premier League was introduced in 1996, ( previously Kor Royal Cup ) by the Football Association of Thailand (FAT).
I think a little more time will tell.  The history of a professional football league in the u.k. had a slight head start. ( founded 1888)

When people talk about football they inevitably mention achievments. ( At the end of the day that's the whole point. Winning.)

How many times have Scottish and Thai football teams played together? I don't know. Bad comparison.Maybe Thai teams are better.

But as sure as  ไข่ 's      is      ไข่ 's   ,    I'd rather watch Thai football , either live at the stadium or on T.V.

buriram_united

Did you not compare Candy? I must be mistaken.

Nobody faulted you for enjoying Thai football. You just seem to be unable to accept that it is lacking in many areas, and that for Buriram Utd the management structure is wrong.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 01:45:03 PM by Itsme »

Offline candy

« Reply #381 on: September 04, 2013, 01:57:46 PM »

When was the last time the Glaziers over ruled Fergie about the ManU team? When was the last time any chairperson over ruled the Coach?

The last one that tried it was Abramovich. Look what has happened there. A complete turnaround.

It is all well and good listing achievements, but at the end of the day you must look at what else could be achieved. I was hoping that the amount of funding in the Thai premier league would increase the standard of Thai football. Sadly not.

There is now a boring "scottish" or "spanish" scenario where only two teams can ever win. The only difference is that Spanish football is good to watch. For that matter so is Scottish football when you compare to Thai.

party6 party6 party6 party6 party6

Why did David Bak ham leave Man U?   Fergie?

Thai Premier League was introduced in 1996, ( previously Kor Royal Cup ) by the Football Association of Thailand (FAT).
I think a little more time will tell.  The history of a professional football league in the u.k. had a slight head start. ( founded 1888)

When people talk about football they inevitably mention achievments. ( At the end of the day that's the whole point. Winning.)

How many times have Scottish and Thai football teams played together? I don't know. Bad comparison.Maybe Thai teams are better.

But as sure as  ไข่ 's      is      ไข่ 's   ,    I'd rather watch Thai football , either live at the stadium or on T.V.

buriram_united

Did you not compare Candy? I must be mistaken.

Nobody faulted you for enjoying Thai football. You just seem to be unable to accept that it is lacking in many areas, and that for Buriram Utd the management structure is wrong.

That's nice

tired1

Offline candy

« Reply #382 on: September 13, 2013, 01:23:28 PM »
 buriram_united buriram_united buriram_united buriram_united buriram_united

Samuel backs Esteghlal to improve

Defender Jlloyd Samuel has backed Esteghlal to produce an improved display in next week's AFC Champions League quarter-final second leg against Thailand's Buriram United with the Iran champions looking to remain on course for a record-equaling third continental club title.

Esteghlal won last month's first leg 1-0 thanks to Khosro Heydari's fortunate early strike at Azadi Stadium, but were indebted to goalkeeper Mehdi Rahmati who denied Jesus Berrocal and Osmar Barba in the second half as Thai Premier League leaders Buriram were unlucky not to salvage at least a draw.

But with Esteghlal now nearly 10 games into the defence of their domestic title having played only a handful of matches prior to the first leg, Samuel is confident Amir Ghalenoei's side can remain on course to add to the Asian Club Championship titles won in 1970 and 1991 and join Korea Republic's Pohang Steelers as the only three-time continental champions.

"They had the advantage because they had played more games than us before the first leg. Their domestic league is just finishing while ours is just beginning, but I am confident we will improve once we have played more games," said the 32-year-old, who joined Esteghlal prior to the 2012 season.

"Buriram did surprise us in the first leg. They were a well organised team and they could pass the ball very well and in the last minutes of the match I believe we were very lucky."

Buriram, who are currently five points clear at the top of the Thai Premier League ahead of Saturday's meeting with BEC Tero Sasana, having reeled off four consecutive wins since the defeat in Iran, are unbeaten at home in the AFC Champions League this season and beat two-time semi-finalists Bunyodkor from Uzbekistan 2-1 in the first leg of their Round of 16 tie in May.

"We were happy with how we played in the first leg, although we could have done better," added former Aston Villa and Bolton Wanderers defender Samuel, who has contributed three goals in his eight appearances for Esteghlal in the AFC Champions League this season.

"The second leg will be a tough game, but I'm confident we will play well and win.

"We are only thinking about our second leg and we have to win if we want to advance."

Should Esteghlal return to the semi-finals of the continental competition for the first time since the last edition of the Asian Club Championship in 2002, they will face either K-League champions FC Seoul or 2012 AFC Champions League finalists Al Ahli from Saudi Arabia.

FC Seoul, who are appearing in the quarter-finals of the AFC Champions League for the third time in five years, are favourites to advance to the semi-finals for the first time after sharing a 1-1 draw in Saudi Arabia last month.

On the other side of the draw, Chinese champions Guangzhou Evergrande will look to defend a two-goal first leg advantage against Lekhwiya in Qatar, while Saudi Arabia's Al Shabab entertain Kashiwa Reysol following a 1-1 draw in Japan.

Offline candy

« Reply #383 on: September 23, 2013, 07:53:02 AM »

Buriram United remaining games:
 Sun 29/09/13 vs Chonburi (3rd) 18:00
 Sun 06/10/13 at Ratchaburi (15th) 18:00
 Sun 20/10/13 vs Pattaya United (13th) 18:00
 Sun 27/10/13 at Bangkok United (11th) 19:00
 Sun 03/11/13 vs TOT (14th) 19:00

Offline binnsy

• Prolific Member
« Reply #384 on: September 23, 2013, 09:27:46 AM »
Can afford to lose one of them games and  buriram_united will still be Champions

Offline candy

Offline candy

« Reply #386 on: September 26, 2013, 08:19:40 AM »

Hello Wolfie

Buriram Win Clash of the Giants

Buriram United 1-0 SCG Muangthong United

Buriram United met SCG Muangthong United in the clash of the giants at the Thammasat Stadium in Rangsit. The Thaicom FA Cup semi-final match was effectively Muangthong’s last chance of silverware this season, with their title almost gone, while Buriram were looking for a victory that would keep the Thunder Castle Warriors on track for the domestic treble.

As I wandered to the stadium through the hordes of red-shirted Muangthong fans wearing my Buriram shirt I received some good-natured booing followed by smiles and waves. Security was heavy, with police carrying riot shields on standby but this was a rivalry that was to be savoured not spoilt.  There were plenty of empty seats at kick-off but that had more to do with the timing, the ticketing system and traditional Thai timekeeping than lack of interest.The pitch showed some signs of wear after the torrential downpour the night before but thankfully the weather wasn’t going to ruin this showpiece occasion. The two coaches indulged in a friendly chat as the teams warmed up and that set the tone for the match.

Both teams went on the attack from the outset, with Muangthong creating early opportunities. After two minutes, Teerasil burst down the left and along the by-line towards goal before firing a shot towards the near post which Sivaruck Tedsungnoen turned away for a corner. Two minutes later, Gjurovski slipped a pass through to Teerasil on the counter-attack and the striker raced towards goal and into the box only to be tackled by Pratum Chuthong before he could pull the trigger. Buriram had their first chance after eight minutes when a long throw on the right was initially headed clear and then nodded back into the box, falling to Suchao who slashed a wild right-foot volley high and wide.

The action flowed relentlessly from end-to-end with the referee put under intense pressure by both sets of teams and fans as every decision was questioned. Osmar received a yellow card after only eleven minutes and the tension was notched up another level. From that point on, players from both sides repeatedly demanded yellow cards for the most innocuous of offences. Seconds later, Sivaruck had to make a sharp save as he tipped a shot from Thitipan Puangchan over the bar after Muangthong took a quick free-kick that caught the Buriram defence napping.

Two minutes later, Buriram had a free-kick on the right and the ball was curled in towards the near post. Pratum rose together with the stand-in keeper, Witsanusak Kaewruang, and a defender and the trio fell in a heap while the ball dropped invitingly on the six-yard line in front of the open goal. Time stood still for a second before the ball was hoofed clear for a corner with Buriram’s absence of a goal-poacher all too evident. From the resulting corner, Jirawat Makarom flashed the ball across the six-yard box but none of his team-mates were able to get a touch and it was the same old story.

After 21 minutes, Muangthong broke down the left and the ball was pulled back from the by-line to Gjurovski who calmly made space for himself as he jinked past a defender and shot towards goal but an onrushing defender got there just in time to deflect it away for a corner. Six minutes later, Piyaphon Bantao skinned Pratum on the right and raced to the by-line then whipped the ball across the face of goal but Edivaldo Hermoza at the far post couldn’t pull off an outrageous overhead kick. Two minutes later, Thitipan Puangchan beat Theeraton Bunmathan on the right and raced into the box but then shot wildly wide of the near post.

The first half-hour was end-to-end action with the two number 10s being heavily involved for both teams. The two coaches were a complete contrast with Rene Desaeyere constantly rushing up and down the touchline, waving his arms and yelling at the Muangthong players, while his counterpart remained calm and serene. Both coaches unleashed the same secret weapon-long throws, with Manuel Redondo for Buriram and Piyaphon for MTU providing a potent threat in the attacking third.

After 38 minutes, the crowd gasped in amazement as the referee flashed the red card at a Buriram defender for an innocuous foul, and then quickly realised his mistake, put it away and flashed a yellow, resulting in relief and laughter amongst the Buriram fans and a torrent of boos from elsewhere. From the resultant free-kick, Datsakorn unleashed a fierce shot towards the near post that was tipped over the bar by Sivaruck. Datsakorn took the corner and sprayed a glorious pass to Gjurovski on the edge of the box. The Macedonian cushioned the ball beautifully on the volley to Teerasil who lashed a shot at goal from the edge of the box, which was tipped over once again by Sivaruck for another corner. This time, the ball was lofted to the far post and a header flashed towards goal only to be headed off the line.

Then, as the half drew to a close, Buriram broke free and Witsanusak was called upon to make a double save to keep the game scoreless. Then the ball was looped over from the by-line on the left and a cluster of players leapt high at the far post. The keeper flapped at the ball and it was headed towards goal then cleared off the line with the Buriram players adamant that the ball had crossed the line. From my angle, it looked over the line and I can understand the Buriram fans screaming for a goal but the naked eye can be deceiving.

So the first half came to an end goalless but that was certainly not a fair reflection of an action-packed, exciting forty-five minutes. Muangthong probably had the better of the half and had the higher number of chances but both sides could have scored on several occasions. There was a sizzling atmosphere both on and off the pitch and the big match was certainly living up to the occasion. The crowd had grown throughout the half and the stadium was almost full as the half-time whistle blew. Both defences looked ragged and fragile at set pieces but did just enough to keep the match scoreless. I felt sure that goals would come in the second half.

And I didn’t have to wait long as Buriram netted the first goal just two minutes into the second period. They got a free-kick thirty metres out and the ball was chipped in flat towards the six-yard line. An attacking run was made and a shot towards goal was parried out by the keeper but the ball fell straight into the path of Redondo on the edge of the box who lashed the ball low into the net without hesitation to open the scoring.

The action continued to flow from end to end and after 62 minutes Munagthong had a strong claim for a penalty when Gjurovski was clearly pushed in the back as he rose to head the ball home after a cross was floated in from the right. I can only presume the referee was unsighted. Three minutes later, Edivaldo burst past Suree Sukha on the left and slipped the ball into the box to Gjurovski, whose low shot was saved by Sivaruck with his legs as he dashed out. The ball ran free to Teerasil on the edge of the box but his right-foot shot was deflected for a corner.

The Muangthong defence pushed further and further upfield recklessly and were almost made to pay. A long ball was played over the top into space on the right for Kai Hirano, who had endured a bruising match so far in his role as auxiliary striker alongside Suchao. The keeper dashed out to meet him and Hirano shot instantly from the right edge of the box and then watched agonisingly as the ball rolled narrowly wide of the near post. A minute later, Muangthong broke down the right and the ball flashed across the box as Gjurovski tried in vain to get a touch. Two minutes later, the ball was slipped behind the defence and into the Muangthong penalty area, and Redondo was through on goal, Witsanusak dashed out and clattered into him with the referee giving him the benefit of the doubt and surprisingly waving play on, despite vehement protests from the Buriram players.

A minute later, the ball was slipped behind the Buriram defence and Gjurovski was through on goal in the box. He prodded the ball to Sivaruck’s left but the keeper made an amazing reflex save as he parried the ball away with cat-like reactions and then breathed a sigh of relief as the ball was hoofed away. Another minute later Hirano dinked the ball over the static Muangthong defence and raced after his own pass. The keeper raced out of the box and took ball and man as the Japanese speedster was flattened for the umpteenth time on the night. Again, I think the keeper got the benefit of the doubt and may have got the ball first, but he knew what he was doing.

Two minutes later, substitute Charyl Chappuis was put clear behind the wandering Muangthong defence but dithered too long before being dispossessed in the box. Then, six minutes later, Witsanusak’s luck finally ran out. The ball was dinked towards the Muangthong penalty area to substitute Ekkachai Sumrei who was tripped by the keeper on the edge of the D. The ball ran loose on the right and a shot flashed towards goal which was cleared by a defender making a desperate sliding block on the line. Then the referee grabbed the limelight as he brought the play back and finally flashed the red card at the tightrope-walking keeper.

Muangthong were down to ten men with three minutes plus added time remaining and were a goal down but they had nothing to lose and continued to attack. They took off a defender, and brought on a replacement keeper but the action was at the other end. After 89 minutes, Muangthong attacked down the right and the ball was lofted to the far post where Gjurovski was closely marked. However, he still managed to create enough space for himself to allow him to volley the ball crisply down and across the keeper but once again Sivaruck had the skills to keep the ball out and parried it away and then gathered it.

Five minutes of added time were allocated and it was enough for one of the Buriram contingent on the bench to be sent to the stands after ignoring an earlier warning. The Buriram fans cheered every throw-in, every clearance and every wayward opponent’s pass as the clock ticked by. The roles were reversed for the two coaches as Alejandro Menendez waved his arms frantically and stepped onto the pitch several times as his opposite number remained calm and accepted his fate. In the end, a single goal decided this titanic struggle.

buriram_united             yeahme yeahme yeahme               buriram_united

Offline binnsy

• Prolific Member
« Reply #387 on: September 26, 2013, 09:52:09 AM »
http://sport.mthai.com/football-thai/182645.html

Click on this to watch the Muang Thong Ultras in action.

yeahme  buriram_united  yeahme

Offline binnsy

• Prolific Member
« Reply #388 on: September 26, 2013, 03:17:08 PM »

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #389 on: September 26, 2013, 05:11:25 PM »
Piss-poor arsonists - and well done the security guy for trying to stand up to them.  Tossers!

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick