{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Nok Air fly to Buriram  (Read 37509 times)

Offline pablo

• Contributor with future
Re: Nok Air fly to Buriram
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2012, 06:10:22 AM »
My understanding is that Buriram airport was always a civilian field.
I believe there were two fields specifically built for Vietnam operations.
Korat housed the 8th Tactical Fighter Wing which flew the famous "Operation Bolo" commanded by Robin Olds.
The other field was U Tapoa in Rayong which hosted the infamous "Arc Light" B52 bombing missions into Vietnam.
There may be others I am unaware of.
U Tapoa also was the South East Asian alternate strip for the space shuttle missions due to it's great length.
Cheers,
JT

Yup...and a bunch of others were used in the Viet Nam era, also.

Udon, Ubon, Tak Li, maybe even a couple more?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 06:12:02 AM by pablo »

Offline pablo

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2012, 06:13:25 AM »
Well had another return trip from Buriram to BKK booked at short notice.

Outward flight about 15 mins late and load factor 90%  Return on time and full.

The Saab 340 seats 34 pax (boing, brainfart 34 pax = 340 model?) is a nice aircraft and BFV plus Don Muaeng a pleasure to use.  Also a connecting bus service is due to start 1/10 to Suavarnabhumi (free)?

I have found that the earlier one can book the better the price, leave it late and you get shafted

Personally I feel that they have a good chance of making a bit of money on the route and once people know it is reliable they should be more keen to use it! Who knows they might even increase the frequency! thumbup

TBWG buriram_united sawadi

Good to hear that it went well for you.

I, like others, am hopeful that this service will last this time.

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2012, 08:57:45 PM »
A forum member asked me about the pricing structure for the Buriram - Bangkok Nok Air Route..

Well I booked a flight in Sept, early december return for boss lady and myself came to Baht 4,485.60 all in.   Thats £90 all in for 2 returns must be a promo deal!

Booked a flight on 22/10 for the 26/10 returning 28/10 and it cost baht 4,422.80  per person, which I think is the going rate with tax, VAT, airport tax  etc. Having just checked the booking info I see I was also charged Baht 50 each way for insurance despite ticking box saying no thank you, so beware!

However on the return journey I got talking to a farang who had booked at the airport only an hour or so before the flight and he said he had paid in excess of baht 3,000 for a one way trip.   

TBWG buriram_united sawadi

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2013, 08:34:01 PM »
I just booked a flight from Buriram to DMK.  5 days ago I looked the price was 2300 (before add ons).  Looked yesterday and price was 987 baht (promo).  I tried to book last night at the website and kept getting multiple errors, usually with the phone #, never did get it to work.   tonguebar   

Today I went to try and book in town at a place with the NoK Air sign, they quoted me 2290 baht.  I told them about the promotion, but they said no can do.   brick1

Once I got back home, I tried again, again phone number errors.  I finally figured out that I had inserted a space to begin the phone #, once I removed the space I got it to work.   party6

With taxes, and an extra 100 baht for travel insurance the price came to 1308 baht, one way.  I think that is a great price.   party4

I have an 11 pm flight to Japan out of BKK, so I plan to goof off in Bangkok for a few hours then try the Skytrian to BKK.  Will give a report on how that works. 

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2013, 08:49:58 PM »
Keith,

Presume you mean the airport line.

Pretty good except it starts at the wrong place :) .

http://airportraillink.railway.co.th/en/

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2013, 09:31:59 PM »
Ray,

Thanks for the link.  I have doing research and planned to use Phaya Thai Station, your link supports what I have planned. 

I did not expect to be able to use Nok Air or the Skytrain, but stuff fell in my lap.  I found a great deal for a non-refundable ticket to America (I had been checking daily since Oct) the beginning of Feb.  I took it not only for the good price, but because the Airline route was new, which means I expected the airline to make changes. 

Last week the airline cancelled my flight, and automatically rebooked me on a different route.  When an airline changes things, you can change, and in the process they changed my airline code to a refundable ticket.    I called them, was able to change flights so I could use the Nok Air connection, and used some frequent flyer miles to upgrade my service class.  This turned out to all be in my benefit, and at no extra cost to me. 

Anyway, I get to DMK about 1500, my flight to Japan leaves at 2330, so I have about 5 hours to play with.  I plan to check Bangkok's transportation options out of DMK and also checkout the skytrain to BKK.  And in the extra time have a few cold ones in Bangkok.   Usually I just use taxi's to get around Bangkok.  But several years ago the red shirts blocked my route to Buriram and I had to scamble to find other options, so now I like to explore my options beforehand if possible. 

Offline mahdam

• Contributor on the right way
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2013, 07:19:40 AM »
The Airport link goes to and from Suvarnaphumi, Not Don Muang.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2013, 09:33:56 AM »
The Airport link goes to and from Suvarnaphumi, Not Don Muang.

I have an 11 pm flight to Japan out of BKK, so I plan to goof off in Bangkok for a few hours then try the Skytrian to BKK.  Will give a report on how that works. 

That is what I said.  DMK is Don Meuang, BKK is Swampy. 

Offline JimNasium

« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2013, 09:38:31 AM »
You can use the normal train from Don Muang to Hua Lompong. It takes about an hour. From there you can take the MRT and connect to BTS.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2013, 11:58:30 AM »
You can use the normal train from Don Muang to Hua Lompong. It takes about an hour. From there you can take the MRT and connect to BTS.

There's a bus line that leaves DMK frequently A1 to Mo Chit bus terminal and A2 to Victory Monument.  I am currently planning to try the A2 line.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/340522/new-bus-links-to-don-mueang

Two air-conditioned bus services have been added to the routes between Don Mueang airport and central Bangkok starting Thursday, the Bangkok Mass Transit Authority (BMTA) says.

They are the A1 route between Don Mueang Airport and Mor Chit bus terminal, and the A2 route between the airport and Victory Monument.

The BMTA said the A1 route will have 6-8 buses making 14 round trips a day and the A2 will have 8-10 buses running 20 round trips a day. The first bus leaves at 9am and the last trip is at midnight.

The fares on both routes are no more than 30 baht a trip.

The routes will connect with other routes throughout the capital, the BMTA said.

The new routes are in line with Transport Ministry policy to promote the airport by providing more public transport to cater to tourists and air travellers.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2013, 10:27:05 PM »
Took the Nok Air plane out of Buriram Airport, as mentioned earlier it is a SAAB 340 with 30+ seats.  If you have a large backpack you wil need to it to go as checked baggage.

When you land in DMK they have to bus you to the terminal, as I got to the terminal I hit the head, and when I got to baggage claim the bags were appearing.  So very short time to get bags. 

I mentioned about the new A1 and A2 Buses, they are real easy.  You exit door 6 and you are at the bus stop.  I took the A2 bus which is for Victory Monument, but when it stopped at the Mo Chit Skytrain/Subway stop I exited for the skytrain.  The bus cost 30 baht.  Excellent way to get to the subway or skytrain. 

I had a few beers at Nana they decided to find the skytrain like to BKK.  Again very easy.  You exit at the Phaya Thai stop, follow the signs to the Skytrain exit turnstyle, turn left and you are about there. 

Since I had plenty of time I took the city route instead of the express, cost 45 baht and took about 30 minutes to get to Swampy. 

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2013, 07:49:36 AM »
Watch Nok Air Buriram departure times, flight this Sunday 26/05 changed now about an hour later!

TBWG  buriram_united sawadi

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2013, 08:48:27 AM »
They seem to get a decent load factor out of Buriram so why change?

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2013, 11:59:30 AM »
They seem to get a decent load factor out of Buriram so why change?

ASEAN,two airports within 60 km of each other, MONEY. Buriram will draw the short straw.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick