{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Kap Choeng Immigration Update.  (Read 117230 times)

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Re: Kap Choeng Immigration Update.
« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2012, 04:48:54 PM »
does anyone know if these folks got a phone number yet?  thanks

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #46 on: November 01, 2012, 05:46:51 PM »
My retirement extension is issued in Pattaya,Today I was passing thro KC & as my 90 day report is due on the 7th,I called in & was in there less than 3 minutes,the official simply overstamped the current slip with 31st Jan 2013 stamp signed it & I was on my way...no form was filled out!!

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2012, 08:26:41 AM »
My retirement extension is issued in Pattaya,Today I was passing thro KC & as my 90 day report is due on the 7th,I called in & was in there less than 3 minutes,the official simply overstamped the current slip with 31st Jan 2013 stamp signed it & I was on my way...no form was filled out!!

Country service with a smile.. smilenod

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2012, 08:15:04 PM »
KCI now has numbers.  They are located on the desk outside of the room where you get things done. 

The problem with this is that there is no differce between getting a visa and a simple 90 day report.  I had my TM 47 filled, but had to wait 25 minutes for an available agent.    Once I get to an agent, he took about 5 minutes to complete all the paper work.  I heard something about an agent getting reprimanded for stamping some Expats old report rather than doing it correctly.   

So look for the number before you enter. 

BTW, here is the website to download forms:

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=download

Offline finnomick

• Contributor on the right way
« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2012, 12:02:24 PM »
KCI now has numbers.  They are located on the desk outside of the room where you get things done. 

The problem with this is that there is no differce between getting a visa and a simple 90 day report.  I had my TM 47 filled, but had to wait 25 minutes for an available agent.    Once I get to an agent, he took about 5 minutes to complete all the paper work.  I heard something about an agent getting reprimanded for stamping some Expats old report rather than doing it correctly.   

.....and someone has nicked ticket number 2

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #50 on: November 08, 2012, 04:40:33 AM »

.....and someone has nicked ticket number 2
There was no need for tickets last week as I was the only person in there.

Offline smoooth2

• Member in the hall of honorary
Kap Choeng Immigration
« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2012, 04:58:33 PM »
I did the KCI thing couple of days ago. Some interesting observations that I took note of whilst waiting.

None of this will be news to the guys that have lived in Thailand for a while, but it might be useful to anyone going for the
first time.

1 - KCI is easy to find. Turn right into a concrete road alongside the school sports ground. Clearly signposted
     Kap Choeng Immigration ( 2m x 2m signboard on the right.)  KCI is on the left 100m along this concrete road.

2 - There is only 1 room. No seperate waiting room. Absolutely no privacy. EVERYONE in the room gets to listen to your
     interview. I had the misfortune to have a fellow "alien" sit beside me whilst waiting, and he began to whinge in a loud
     voice about the whole Thai visa setup, and how crappy it was, and how things were different in his home country etc
     etc. I just wanted the ground to open up and swallow this guy. Mainly because I had yet to be processed, and even
     though I agreed with most of his comments, I didn't think it was very smart to be discussing it in front of 4
     Immigration guys that have a reasonable understanding of English.

3 - Copy EVERY page of your Passport, even the blank ones.

4 - Make sure your photo is 4cm x 6cm .... not the normal passport size most countries are happy with.

5 - Have proof of your current accommodation situation. A hotel receipt with the name & phone number, or likewise.

6 - Be polite and have patience. Things get done much quicker with a smile.

Can highly recommend M&D Coffee 600m down the road. On the left just after the 4 lane road becomes 2 lane. Little row of shops. Great cappucino ... and nice to sit and get the heartbeat back to " normal"

Offline dundeemk6

• Active member on the right way
« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2012, 05:10:41 PM »
smoooth2 : congrats, you are the very fist foreigner "newbie" that had the decency to be patient a

Offline dundeemk6

• Active member on the right way
« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2012, 05:16:30 PM »
oeps, my posdt got send to quickly ...

anyway smooth that IS the way to survive in this land ... I've here since 2003, never had any problems with immigration - visa extentions, renuwels, re-entry passes, driverslicence, yellow house book or whatever ... but when I hear most off the so called well off, rich and intelligent foreigners complaining about their "problems" with immigration, I DO have my doubts about their so called "intelligence" ... I appreciate your posting ... cheers ...

Offline smoooth2

• Member in the hall of honorary
« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2012, 05:29:56 PM »
Thanks dundeemk6  ... no option really than just be patient and accept that things take time. Anyway, I had a happy experience at KCI. No problem. After I finished my aroi cappucino at M&D I drove down to Chong Chom markets for another little look. My girl was not with me, so I figured no damage could be done !!  Pretty amazing place.

It was 1pm and the place was deserted. Lots of sellers hanging around picking their noses, but no buyers. Its got me buggered how anyone makes money ?  Must have its busy moments I guess.

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2012, 05:32:14 PM »
I did the KCI thing couple of days ago. Some interesting observations that I took note of whilst waiting.

None of this will be news to the guys that have lived in Thailand for a while, but it might be useful to anyone going for the
first time.

1 - KCI is easy to find. Turn right into a concrete road alongside the school sports ground. Clearly signposted
     Kap Choeng Immigration ( 2m x 2m signboard on the right.)  KCI is on the left 100m along this concrete road.

2 - There is only 1 room. No seperate waiting room. Absolutely no privacy. EVERYONE in the room gets to listen to your
     interview. I had the misfortune to have a fellow "alien" sit beside me whilst waiting, and he began to whinge in a loud
     voice about the whole Thai visa setup, and how crappy it was, and how things were different in his home country etc
     etc. I just wanted the ground to open up and swallow this guy. Mainly because I had yet to be processed, and even
     though I agreed with most of his comments, I didn't think it was very smart to be discussing it in front of 4
     Immigration guys that have a reasonable understanding of English.

3 - Copy EVERY page of your Passport, even the blank ones.

4 - Make sure your photo is 4cm x 6cm .... not the normal passport size most countries are happy with.

5 - Have proof of your current accommodation situation. A hotel receipt with the name & phone number, or likewise.

6 - Be polite and have patience. Things get done much quicker with a smile.

Can highly recommend M&D Coffee 600m down the road. On the left just after the 4 lane road becomes 2 lane. Little row of shops. Great cappucino ... and nice to sit and get the heartbeat back to " normal"

What type of visa or extension were you getting there?

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2012, 05:33:22 PM »

anyway smooth that IS the way to survive in this land ... I've here since 2003, never had any problems with immigration - visa extentions, renuwels, re-entry passes, driverslicence, yellow house book or whatever ... but when I hear most off the so called well off, rich and intelligent foreigners complaining about their "problems" with immigration, I DO have my doubts about their so called "intelligence" ... I appreciate your posting ... cheers ...
Likewise Croc,never had any problem whatsoever

Offline chudless

• Contributor with future
« Reply #57 on: November 29, 2012, 06:36:06 PM »

Likewise Croc,never had any problem whatsoever
Never had a problem there.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #58 on: November 29, 2012, 09:20:13 PM »
My next report is to renew my retirement visa, hopefully as painlessly as possible.  Some observations:

1.  Have different Passport type photos than from you last visa.

2.  You will need:

- Copies of complete passport
- Income proof, either bank statement of 800,000 baht or embassy statement of income exceeding  65,000 Baht a month.  Or some combination of. 
- TM 7 form   
- Marriage proof if cannot meet income requirements. 
-  Proof of residence.

Am I missing anything?

Offline Nobby

• Reliable reporter on the right way
« Reply #59 on: November 29, 2012, 10:20:53 PM »
The cost of the Fee

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Dentist by Thai Bart