{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: World Cup Rugby  (Read 58963 times)

Offline candy

• Member in the hall of honorary
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Re: World Cup Rugby
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2011, 12:38:17 PM »
Come on now guys lets stick to the topic Rugby World Cup. We have an exciting few months ahead starting on August 6th with the first back to back England v Wales pre world cup warm up games. I also think France are worth a mention and also the Aussies will be going for it as they seemed to recover well last weekend after Samoa gave them a bit of a seeing to the previous week. Now let us not forget Ireland there is a lot of experience there and it will be a bit like England 8 years ago with a number of great players coming to the end of their careears after this World Cup. Our good friends the Welsh can play some of the most exciting rugby but it just depends if they get off the bus (or in this case the plane) Anyway lets look forward and enjoy and stay with the topic and the real rugby issues.
Can't wait!!!

I agree with you too Downtime. Keep it on the rugby.

It's just that this obsession with England failure by the Welsh, as highlighted by jonestherice, is laughable. They even have a song "As long as we beat the English" Norrow mindedness to the extreme.

Very norrow minded.Keep it to the rugby   walesflag

Offline downtime

• Contributor with future
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2011, 12:59:03 PM »
An interesting development in the Martin Johnson English training camp coming up this weekend. The 45 man world cup squad will be put through full-on trial match a reminder of the amateur era when it was traditional to play two sides being the Probables v Possibles prior to selection before the six nations. They will play three 20 minute periods after which Johnson and his coaching team will make their first cull in their progress to reduce the numbers to the 30 man squad bound for New Zealand.

Offline downtime

« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2011, 01:33:26 PM »
All Blacks legend "Jonah Lomu" has named Ireland as the dark horse at this years Rugby World Cup. He confirmed that a lot of players are coming to the end of their career and they'll put everything on the line. Ireland are fourth in the International Rugby Board (IRB) world rankings and the highest-placed northen hemisphere team and showed their capability with a comprehensive 24-8 win over England in the Six Nations.
Well if anybody knows Jonah should!! I'm off to the bookies

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2011, 01:37:02 PM »
One of the reasons that I have suggested that England will be hard to beat is the strength in depth. For the first time in a long time they have 2 or even 3 top internationals in each position. This probably being one of the reasons for this "play off".

I've put my cards on the table. Now will have to wait and see.

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2011, 01:45:28 PM »
Not sure about Ireland. They have never really shown their potential at world cups, being the only country from the old 5 nations never to have made the semis.

Would be nice to see some of their old timers go out at the top. I would imagine that among 6 nations supporters Ireland would be most peoples' "2nd" team.

Except for Mr.Jones who obviously has a soft spot for England!!!

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2011, 02:22:01 PM »
Mr Jones is coming across as a right 'Pirck',,,,,should have stayed supporting the Hammers!!!

Offline jumbo

« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2011, 02:32:07 PM »
Mr Jones is coming across as a right 'Pirck',,,,,should have stayed supporting the Hammers!!!
Was he there last Saturday??

Offline candy

« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2011, 03:06:37 PM »

« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 03:09:23 PM by candy »

Offline downtime

« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2011, 03:09:45 PM »
Well Starman I am inclined to agree with you that England to appear to have plenty of strength in depth at this crucial time and with your captain Mike Tindal getting married to Zara Phillips this Saturday will also have a bit of royalty!!
Of the 20 competing teams the bookies have England fourth favorites at 10/1 with the All blacks up front at 8/11 followed by Australia 4/1, South Africa 6/1 France 16/1 Ireland 20/1 and good old Wales 50/1
But there will have been a feast of games before we get to that final.

jones the rice

« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2011, 08:04:09 PM »
if you are going to call me a pirck then please call me a WELSH pirck,don't want people thinking i am a english pirck,would not be able to sleep at night.
don't mind people calling me a pirck but english please.

jones the rice

« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2011, 08:11:00 PM »
Not sure about Ireland. They have never really shown their potential at world cups, being the only country from the old 5 nations never to have made the semis.

Would be nice to see some of their old timers go out at the top. I would imagine that among 6 nations supporters Ireland would be most peoples' "2nd" team.

Except for Mr.Jones who obviously has a soft spot for England!!!
no us WELSH are just norrow minded.555

Offline smithy99

« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2011, 07:46:13 AM »
New Zealand will not win the world cup

Must the best lay of the year.

Offline downtime

« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2011, 08:56:30 AM »
The New Zealand All Blacks won the first ever Rugby World Cup back in 1987. Since then they have been known as the greatest under achievers of this tournament. But they will go into this years event as outright favourites coming on the back of winning the Tri Seires 2010 and also won all the autumn internationals.
Have they peaked to early again, We shall see!!
Pool A teams
New Zealand, France, Japan, Canada, Tonga

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2011, 09:48:26 AM »
Interesting that New Zealand and France are in the same group with France being one of only 3 teams to have beaten New Zealand in the World Cup.

The chances are that whoever loses the New Zealand v France game will play England in the quarters.

A lot to play for. England fans will be watching closely too as England have never beaten New Zealand in a World Cup.

Offline candy

« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2011, 10:59:34 AM »
Interesting that New Zealand and France are in the same group with France being one of only 3 teams to have beaten New Zealand in the World Cup.

The chances are that whoever loses the New Zealand v France game will play England in the quarters.

A lot to play for. England fans will be watching closely too as England have never beaten New Zealand in a World Cup.

That's if angleland get that far     walesflag

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM