{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: How can a chanote be obtained for the first time?  (Read 7614 times)

Offline ironryon

• Contributor with future
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
How can a chanote be obtained for the first time?
« on: June 21, 2011, 09:49:45 PM »
Hello People

I am new to the site so firstly HELLO and I hope you are all well!

Could anyone advise me on something...I am interested to know about how a chanote can be obtained for land where no chanote already exists.
The only place the land is registered is with the village headsman (maybe called something like this - pooyai ban)

Thanks in advance for any help...

Jamie

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
Re: How can a chanote be obtained for the first time?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 10:05:19 PM »
You will have to get some paper from the local district office in your area (village) and go to the land office request to register your land to get proper Land Title Deed (Chanote) if possible.

They will have to come to the area and take measures and you will probably have to wait long time for it to happen or pay some fees for them to come sooner.

sawadi
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 10:07:53 PM by Admin »

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 08:11:33 AM »
Alot depends on what kind of land it is and if you can prove ownership and for how long.

Many people in the village where I live are now gearing up to get chanotes for farming land. They have had to provide land tax reciepts for the past 7 years.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 09:06:49 AM »
Alot depends on what kind of land it is and if you can prove ownership and for how long.

Many people in the village where I live are now gearing up to get chanotes for farming land. They have had to provide land tax reciepts for the past 7 years.

hahaha that will be hard enough!

Offline ironryon

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 02:11:33 PM »
Hi

Thanks very much for your advice. :)

This land is where our (my wifes) house is built - its land which has been passed down several generations of the family however ive found that there is no chanote and the only registration is like i mentioned before - with the village head.
Also, Im not sure how true this is but I hear that no one in the village has a chanote for their land and they are waiting for it all to be done in the future...for free?! This is hard to believe as nothing (especially in Thailand) is for free   :)

Do you think tax receipts maybe necessary for this non farming land?

Does anyone have any idea how much it may cost?

Cheers

Jamie

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2011, 02:32:19 PM »
Hi

Thanks very much for your advice. :)

This land is where our (my wifes) house is built - its land which has been passed down several generations of the family however ive found that there is no chanote and the only registration is like i mentioned before - with the village head.
Also, Im not sure how true this is but I hear that no one in the village has a chanote for their land and they are waiting for it all to be done in the future...for free?! This is hard to believe as nothing (especially in Thailand) is for free   :)

Do you think tax receipts maybe necessary for this non farming land?

Does anyone have any idea how much it may cost?

Cheers

Jamie
Many remote villages are in the same situation, no one have 'Chanote' including the richest ones in the village (Usually some Thai-Chinese that owns most of the land and employs most of the villagers in the area).

The promise to give all the people 'Chanote' is an old promise that never been fulfilled so I suggest to stop waiting and move thing in your direction on the right way.
sawadi

Offline ironryon

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2011, 02:39:31 PM »
 sawadi

Thanks

yes I agree with you - I want to get this sorted and i dont want to leave it to chance when ive put a lot of money into building the house!

Would it be the Amphur (our nearest is Prakonchai) that deals with this kind of registration process?

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2011, 02:46:43 PM »
sawadi

Thanks

yes I agree with you - I want to get this sorted and i dont want to leave it to chance when ive put a lot of money into building the house!

Would it be the Amphur (our nearest is Prakonchai) that deals with this kind of registration process?
Land office in your district have all the answers if it is possible or not.

Good luck & Update us on development of this issue. :)

Offline ironryon

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2011, 05:53:16 PM »
 sawadi

OK - latest update...

My wife has spoken with a guy in the local Prakonchai office about this...

After listening to the feedback my wife gave me im now more confused than ever... ::)
Aparently people in the old days can have a paper (possibly a chanote) for their land but new requests such as mine cant be made, the land in our village is all Kings land so we cant have a chanote!?

The only couple of things worth taking from the conversation is that we should speak with my wifes grandparents to see if they have any documentation for the ownership of the land (we have done that and there is nothing) and then to contact a government / land office in Buriram.

Would anyone be able to help out with finding a contact number? I have found an address for the office but no number.

Thanks

Jamie

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2011, 06:02:38 PM »
sawadi

OK - latest update...

My wife has spoken with a guy in the local Prakonchai office about this...

After listening to the feedback my wife gave me im now more confused than ever... ::)
Aparently people in the old days can have a paper (possibly a chanote) for their land but new requests such as mine cant be made, the land in our village is all Kings land so we cant have a chanote!?

The only couple of things worth taking from the conversation is that we should speak with my wifes grandparents to see if they have any documentation for the ownership of the land (we have done that and there is nothing) and then to contact a government / land office in Buriram.

Would anyone be able to help out with finding a contact number? I have found an address for the office but no number.

Thanks

Jamie

It is useless to call, I don't have the number and I don't think you will get any serious answers over the phone.
Go to the land office in Buriram bring all documents you have and ask all the questions you have.

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2011, 08:02:13 AM »
The OP has already stated that he has no documents for the land.

You have to prove that you have been there for a long time. As the office said old requests were granted. If it is Kings land then do things the Thai way. Sit back and wait. If you try to push it you may upset someone in the office and then you will be worse off. At this point no one can take it from you.

You say you have built a house. What about the house registration(blue book)? What about electricty? How are these things going? You need an address to get an electricty connection. Have you got one or are you running it from in laws house?

I know it is a pain in the arse and there is money involved but I would strongly recommend a bit of "cool heart" about this.

I am speaking from experience.

Offline ironryon

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2011, 07:40:29 PM »
 sawadi

Thanks starman

We have the blue registration book to confirm its our house and yes thats how we had the address assigned to the house and electric installed.
Hopefully that and the fact that the house and land is registered with the village headsman as being ours is enough to never have any issues.

I have heard today from my wife that she has spoken to a kind of village headsman deputy that some people in the village have been given papers recently! He was suprised to know that we werent included....I dont know what papers he is talking about exactly but he has gone away to look into this.

Offline dundeemk6

• Active member on the right way
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2011, 07:52:15 PM »
 congrats in that case you are "safe" ... once a blue book is established, you have an own electricityconnection and housenumber ... the land will not be "impounded" ... you can sleep with a clear conscience .. chock dee ironryon

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2011, 07:52:33 AM »
That is the whole point of it being called "Kings land". Going to the office and trying to force the situation will get you nowhere.

Just imagine....someone goes into the Land Registry office claiming the land you are on is theirs. The office then quickly give them a chanote. How would you feel then?

They will come along and give you a chanote when they are ready. Just sit back and enjoy your new home. It is quite safe.

Offline ironryon

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2011, 04:59:42 PM »
 sawadi

Thanks very much for all the advice, I will take off my farang cap and do as my wife says...calm down wait time haha

Jamie

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Dentist by Thai Bart
June 13, 2024, 11:34:50 AM

Re: House moving by Gerry
June 11, 2024, 03:39:27 PM

House moving by GEOFFREY
June 11, 2024, 01:51:03 AM

Re: Dentist by dundeemk6
June 09, 2024, 03:49:48 PM