{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: So what's your Favourite Pie?  (Read 31852 times)

Offline Vombatus

• Gifte​d Poster
Re: So what's your Favourite Pie?
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2011, 12:13:21 PM »
Well if you don't know!  How many Jamesons did we have???

Your comment related to a post from lukey !

manupete

« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2011, 01:06:02 PM »
Number one on my list is Stafford's Pies.Any one of his great range  love5
They're not bad as long as you can afford them
With so many farang bars and restaurants running at a loss because they are expensive and for the lack of customers compared compared to Thai run places I can see why owners go for a cheaper option were possible .( as long as it meets their customers approval of course).I'm glad that there is someone that has found a niche in the market to sell a cheaper product than some other suppliers offer.I have tried some of the local farang made pie products and IMHO Stafford's are the best,not the cheapest but the best.There is not a pie war as far as I'm aware and to suggest their is would be stupid , its good for everybody to have a choice.Some people drink Archa,some Leo,some Chang,some Singha or any of the other brands that are available,some are cheap so not so .I'm glad I have a choice .I drink Leo and eat Stafford's pies,my choice. :biggrin:

Offline lukey1979

• Contributor with future
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2011, 02:51:34 PM »
Fackin Pies pies pies, Its all you ever hear of these days. In my opinion all the pies outside of Elizabeths realm taste like Dogs eggs.

Give me a fishfinger sandwhich any day of the week. Preferably Capn Birdseyes on MIghty white with lashings of Tartar sauce and ketchup dolloped on top.

So how do you like your fish finger sandwhiches chaps?? Would your prefer atlantic cod or flakey polllock? Perhaps with a side of Curly fries or Crinkle cut chips?

Discuss....
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 02:59:59 PM by lukey1979 »

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2011, 02:55:41 PM »
Could discuss if we lived in Pattaya and spent a bloody fortune on Fish Fingers in Villa, however we are in lower Isaan (Buriram and Surin) and only have pies at our disposal, unless we pay a considerable premium if available locally!

How about some Fish Fingers Starman?

Offline Vombatus

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2011, 07:39:15 PM »
Fackin Pies pies pies, Its all you ever hear of these days. In my opinion all the pies outside of Elizabeths realm taste like Dogs eggs.

Give me a fishfinger sandwhich any day of the week. Preferably Capn Birdseyes on MIghty white with lashings of Tartar sauce and ketchup dolloped on top.

So how do you like your fish finger sandwhiches chaps?? Would your prefer atlantic cod or flakey polllock? Perhaps with a side of Curly fries or Crinkle cut chips?

Discuss....

You have led a sheltered life of unadulterated privilege Lukey,

Cow pie was OK for Desperate Dan so it will do for me.  Dory is as close you will get to cod with actually buying imports. Curly fris are for girls - a man's chip is crinkle cut.

Offline nico

« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2011, 11:24:22 PM »
Creampie  hungry1 some people have dirty minds Nico  :biggrin:

You copyist.
yes i see somebody delete my reply...

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2011, 07:24:42 AM »
With so many farang bars and restaurants running at a loss because they are expensive and for the lack of customers compared compared to Thai run places I can see why owners go for a cheaper option were possible .( as long as it meets their customers approval of course).I'm glad that there is someone that has found a niche in the market to sell a cheaper product than some other suppliers offer.I have tried some of the local farang made pie products and IMHO Stafford's are the best,not the cheapest but the best.There is not a pie war as far as I'm aware and to suggest their is would be stupid , its good for everybody to have a choice.Some people drink Archa,some Leo,some Chang,some Singha or any of the other brands that are available,some are cheap so not so .I'm glad I have a choice .I drink Leo and eat Stafford's pies,my choice. :biggrin:
[/quote]

Please would you inform me as to where you tasted one of my pies.

I am aware of the area where you live and have to admit that,as yet, my products are not available there.

Quote from you "I'm glad that there is someone that has found a niche in the market to sell a cheaper product than some other suppliers offer".

I sense a tad of sarcasm in your comments.

Our pies ARE made on site. WE make our pies from quality products purchased locally. WE work from home so we don't pay any rent. As our overheads are low WE are then able to pass the savings onto our customers.

If we decided to ask someone else to make our pies for us, and then sell them on, then obviously the prices would rise as everyone would need to make their 10 baht.

I have stayed relatively quite in the past with regards to threads about other products versus mine. Especially when I am a forum sponsor and other suppliers are not.

If you have tried one of my products and have found it to be unsatisfactory then please let me know, directly. We have built our reputation on providing quality products and quality service at "great" prices. Any constructive critisism is always gratefully received.

If you have not tried one of my products the please do. I know that you will enjoy them.

If you would rather not try one then I would appreciate it if you would stop camparing.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 07:33:45 AM by Starman »

Offline lukey1979

« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2011, 07:34:18 AM »

Curly fris are for girls - a man's chip is crinkle cut.

Bang on the nail they Ray. Crinkle cut chips are the SAS of the fried potato family, whereas Curly fries are akin to the Girls brigade. Now If you were to dip your Crinkle cuts in a rather ''mince'' sauce like thousand island, you effectively take away their manly qualities. Best stick to Brown or ketchup... Mayonaisse at a push just make sure no-ones looking.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 07:37:26 AM by lukey1979 »

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2011, 07:41:50 AM »
So where do steak fries fit into the equation?

mxyzptlk

« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2011, 07:54:09 AM »
I prefer home made big chips, cooked to a nice light mahogany colour in the wok and served with loads of vinegar (preferably pickled onion vinegar) and white pepper....

Offline lukey1979

« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2011, 08:02:18 AM »
Well Nick.  Classic Chips or Steak fries as the younger generation now refer to them were first discovered in Oldham's Tommyfield Market as far back as 1860 and are deemed the patriach of all things potaoey and deep fried. They must therefore be recognised as a very prestigious and esteemed British institution and in military terms would be twinned with any of the Regiments within the Brigade of guards.
Definately nothing homosexual about these chips. And a good compliment to a wonderful fishfinger sandwhich, the cornerstone of every nutritious meal.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 08:04:29 AM by lukey1979 »

manupete

« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2011, 09:44:39 AM »

Please would you inform me as to where you tasted one of my pies.

I am aware of the area where you live and have to admit that,as yet, my products are not available there.

Quote from you "I'm glad that there is someone that has found a niche in the market to sell a cheaper product than some other suppliers offer".

I sense a tad of sarcasm in your comments.

Our pies ARE made on site. WE make our pies from quality products purchased locally. WE work from home so we don't pay any rent. As our overheads are low WE are then able to pass the savings onto our customers.

If we decided to ask someone else to make our pies for us, and then sell them on, then obviously the prices would rise as everyone would need to make their 10 baht.

I have stayed relatively quite in the past with regards to threads about other products versus mine. Especially when I am a forum sponsor and other suppliers are not.

If you have tried one of my products and have found it to be unsatisfactory then please let me know, directly. We have built our reputation on providing quality products and quality service at "great" prices. Any constructive critisism is always gratefully received.

If you have not tried one of my products the please do. I know that you will enjoy them.

If you would rather not try one then I would appreciate it if you would stop camparing.

Calm down Starman :biggrin:
I assume you sell pies to Farang Connection or the Sportsman in Surin and that is where I have eaten one of your pies,if you don't sell to them I will apologize saying I have .When I was talking about other suppliers I was also talking about the ones in Pattaya were a lot of farang restaurants but their meat based products or have them sent up buy bus.At no time have I said your pies are no good ,the only thing I have said is I think Stafford are the best IMHO.I also said that "I'm glad that there is someone that has found a niche in the market to sell a cheaper product than some other suppliers offer"You have with the reasons you have stated and I am sure many local businesses  are happy with the savings you are giving them  .I hope Archa,Chang or Singha do read this thread or I will have them on my case as well  :biggrin:

Dave the Dude

« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2011, 10:01:39 AM »
Sportman sell Staffords pies, I had one yesterday!

Offline lukey1979

« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2011, 10:03:58 AM »
Yes Alan, we know you love Staffords pies, they're the tops, his cold cuts and cheeses are absolutely scrumptious and the best for miles around etc etc... We got It, no need to keep going on about it. :biggrin:

BromleyBumkin

« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2011, 10:12:45 AM »
Yes Alan, we know you love Staffords pies, they're the tops, his cold cuts and cheeses are absolutely scrumptious and the best for miles around etc etc... We got It, no need to keep going on about it. :biggrin:
Its not what you eat, its were you eat it and with who that matter?

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick