{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Why do old people wake up so early?  (Read 16534 times)

Offline F1ART

• Contributor with future
Re: Why do old people wake up so early?
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2011, 08:38:12 PM »
Maybe we should be asking "why do people drink so much in Thailand?"
I'm sure there must be plenty of experience on this forum!  party15  party15  party15  tired1

den Buut

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2011, 09:08:49 PM »
A big Leo an evening can't be bad, the a occasional heavy night once a month  alcoholic I also had when I lived in Holland is a must for me, after that I just don't drink for a few days beceause they don't taste that well. nowinkbar

Offline Pee Nuu

• Contributor on the right way
  • huh..??
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2011, 09:50:10 PM »
Most of the older guys I know get up because they have to go to the toilet ( some 1,2 or 3 times  oldmanwithstick )"Once your up you may as well stay up" they say  .Lucky for me I haven't got a leaky washer ( yet ) and sleep like a log...clear conscience I reckon  thumbup
How many times you take a piss is directly linked to the amount you drink.....I would hazard your ass squeaks when you walk party4 party4
I imagine that his doo-doo doesn't stink either.

Offline Pee Nuu

• huh..??
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2011, 09:53:32 PM »
I'm sure there must be plenty of experience on this forum!  party15  party15  party15  tired1
That might be an interesting OP/thread starter. Asking if one drinks more or less since their move to Thailand...

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2011, 10:19:31 PM »
That might be an interesting OP/thread starter. Asking if one drinks more or less since their move to Thailand...
First much much more. Its like a culture here, evening after work you see many houses around town with people sitting outside with a beer or whisky/sode.
I couldn't go on like this and after 2 years I had to go back to the same routine I had before.
IE: not drink every day! confused4

I have noticed farang from some countries also have this culture of drinking so its not a big deal for them to drink a couple of beers every day but hey...I can't keep up with it like them.. hahaha
I drink once-twice a week or maybe only when I go out, its just that too often is not fun..  party9

boloa

« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2011, 08:58:07 AM »
Most of the older guys I know get up because they have to go to the toilet ( some 1,2 or 3 times  oldmanwithstick )"Once your up you may as well stay up" they say  .Lucky for me I haven't got a leaky washer ( yet ) and sleep like a log...clear conscience I reckon  thumbup
How many times you take a piss is directly linked to the amount you drink.....I would hazard your ass squeaks when you walk party4 party4
I imagine that his doo-doo doesn't stink either.

When you are young you think you are immortal and are going to live forever,I used to drink heavily and smoke 60 a day.Since moving up to Isaan I have stop drinking to excess and 4 years ago I stopped smoking and I do feel healthier .If you look back over the last year how many of the farangs we know have died through drink or smoking related deaths.Don't get me wrong I still like a drink but as admin has said above moderation seems to be the best policy.It must be hard for so members who own Bars or Restaurants to keep their drinking down as costumers are always buying them drinks or they sit and drink/chat with costumers.
I thinks a healthier lifestyle leads to a better nights sleep,yes there is nothing wrong with a beer/wine with an evening meal,Its when you have to have a drink in the evening you know you have problems.   smilebar

Offline Pee Nuu

• huh..??
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2011, 10:04:47 AM »
Yes, I could imagine that owning and operating any sort of drinking establishment - and keeping these circles - would lead to regular consumption.

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2011, 06:36:25 AM »
Yes, I could imagine that owning and operating any sort of drinking establishment - and keeping these circles - would lead to regular consumption.
Not always the case as I usually have 2 days a week when I dont drink any alcohol thumbup

Dave the Dude

« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2011, 07:55:54 AM »
Is that the 48 hours per week when your asleep, Nookie?

Offline Pee Nuu

• huh..??
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2011, 08:45:59 AM »
What time did you raise this morn, Dave? bike037

boloa

« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2011, 09:00:34 AM »
Years ago back in the UK when I was young I had a lovely girlfriend called Dawn  icon_heart love2

I was always up at the crack of dawn in those days  thumbup

Do some people get up because their Thai Wives get up early.???
My wife always gets up early ( about 5.45 am )  to clean the house before it gets hot and get her daughter ready for school  smilenod

isanbirder

« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2011, 09:53:38 AM »

Unfortunately this is not entirely true.  If you're one of those people who have to get up twice a night for a pee, you can practically dehydrate yourself... and you still have to get up twice a night for a pee.  It's just one of those things which happens, or may happen, as you get older.  But it doesn't stop me having some more sleep afterwards!

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2011, 09:57:56 AM »
Is that the 48 hours per week when your asleep, Nookie?
I wish!!

Offline Pee Nuu

• huh..??
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2011, 07:39:21 AM »
Years ago back in the UK when I was young I had a lovely girlfriend called Dawn  icon_heart love2

I was always up at the crack of dawn in those days  thumbup

Do some people get up because their Thai Wives get up early.???
My wife always gets up early ( about 5.45 am )  to clean the house before it gets hot and get her daughter ready for school  smilenod
My dearest comes from a farm background, naturally she's up early.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick