{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Poll

How do YOU shave?? Shave without cutting yourself challenge!

Shaving blades.
2 (100%)
Shaving machine.
0 (0%)
Barber shop.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Author Topic: How do YOU shave?? Shave without cutting yourself challenge!  (Read 14197 times)

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« on: January 19, 2011, 03:11:28 PM »

I just can't shave without cutting myself.
How to shave and what is your technique to shave without cutting your skin off?!  whistle

I used the red Gillette blades but I thought they are too sharp and that is why I'm cutting myself while shaving.
Now I have the new green ones but they are sharp only in the first 2 times of shaving and after that they are just losing their sharpness making me press the blade harder on the skin therefore cutting myself again.
I just can't find the way to shave myself in a smooth way without cutting myself.
I hate the machines, I think they aren't as good as shaving with blades.

your advice. ;) sawadi

isanbirder

Re: How do YOU shave?? Shave without cutting yourself challenge!
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 04:47:34 PM »
You mean the red stick?  with twin blades with a white strip on the shaving head?  B.59 for 5 heads at BigC.

That's what I use and, touch wood, never cut myself  (I was hacking away this morning with an oldish blade, and didn't cut myself.)

Offline tommynew

• Contributor with future
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 04:54:17 PM »
Old fashioned way with brush and shaving soap and Big  C disposable razors (about 5-7 shaves per razor. The lanolin leaves your skin smooth. Shaved like this for 55 odd years

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 05:07:41 PM »
You mean the red stick?  with twin blades with a white strip on the shaving head?  B.59 for 5 heads at BigC.

That's what I use and, touch wood, never cut myself  (I was hacking away this morning with an oldish blade, and didn't cut myself.)
See picture. I moved from the Red(Mach3 Turbo) to the Green(Mach3 Power).

I don't know their price in Thailand. loco

Now I see there is a newer version name "Fusion". Maybe I should try them.  jumping8
http://www.gillette.com/en/us/products/all-products.aspx

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 05:12:43 PM by ADMIN »

isanbirder

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2011, 05:31:42 PM »
I don't think it makes much difference;  the system is basically the same.  The only difference is the way the head fits the stick;  if you buy the wrong blades, the stick won't accept them!  But be canny! Try and get the type for which BigC makes blades;  the cost is a fraction of the Gillette price for blades, and they seem to work just as well.  The best clue, as far as I can see, is the coloured strip at the top of the head;  white fits one kind of stick, blue fits another.

Tommy... yes, I used those in the Dark Ages... but found it difficult to get the blades I liked, so changed to Schick, and when I came to Thailand, to Gillette.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2011, 09:48:17 AM »
I think the secret is in the foam/gel...  jumping8

isanbirder

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2011, 09:52:46 AM »
No, I think the secret lies with your skin (more or less flexible, tender, or what-have-you).  I have one friend who shaves with ordinary soap, and doesn't cut himself.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2011, 10:01:14 AM »
No, I think the secret lies with your skin (more or less flexible, tender, or what-have-you).  I have one friend who shaves with ordinary soap, and doesn't cut himself.
I used to try it for awhile because my gel just finished, the results were devestating! stop1

Cuts everywhere. with the gel-foam it soften the skin and the hair make the shave smoother.
The evidence to this claim is also when you have a new Gillette blade, they have the line with the moist like gel on it so its really smooth at first, later on the 2nd-3rd shave its gone and the shaving action is harder.

boloa

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2011, 11:52:04 AM »
I agree, I have very soft skin and a light soft beard and never cut myself,( apart from taking the top off an odd pimple now and again  :( ) I use Gillette Vector and one blade last me about 2 weeks...and I shave every day.My wife loves my baby soft face  ::)  ::) ::)

den Buut

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2011, 12:57:01 PM »
Shave every 2 or 3 days while taking a shower with hot water, don't use a mirror, first shower for  a few minutes then your beard gets softer, works for me every 2-3 days. oldmanwithstick

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2011, 09:49:50 AM »
Shave every 2 or 3 days while taking a shower with hot water, don't use a mirror, first shower for  a few minutes then your beard gets softer, works for me every 2-3 days. oldmanwithstick
Shave every 2-3 days? impossible, I like to shave every day for a smooth feeling..  stop1
Shaving after hot shower is a good idea but than it will be cold to shave while I'm wet or........... I can be canny and wrap a towel over me.  party16

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2011, 11:47:12 AM »
Here in Thailand I use Schick disposables,,,,,give a good shave too
Almog perhaps your problem arises from having too many 'chins'

Offline Vombatus

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2011, 06:50:27 PM »
Are we talking facial shaves ?

redrover

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2011, 05:53:54 PM »
Some might suggest that a brief hot water soak makes all the difference towards a clean and comfortable shave. Living in the bush presents problems to decent blade access - run into Surin and stock up with BIC Twin Select disposables. Frankly, I find shaving a chore and couldn't be bothered. I shave with regular soap and cold water. Job done...

Dave the Dude

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2011, 07:04:53 PM »
Now I see there is a newer version name "Fusion". Maybe I should try them.  jumping8
Almog I have been using a Gillette 'Fusion' for about 8 years now, ever since I did some work in the Gillette factory in London and I do not think they are available here in LOS.

I get the blades from Ebay or brought over from the UK.
They are very expensive and the No.1 Item to be stolen from shops, hence the many sales on EBay. They work out about 50b per replacement head/blade but they do tend to last quite a long time.

I never get cuts either with them. As you suggest, I find gel better than foam for the baby face finish.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 07:09:52 PM by ADMIN »

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM