{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Kap Cheung downsizing.No more Visa Extention renewals  (Read 10021 times)

dave the dude

Kap Cheung downsizing.No more Visa Extention renewals
« on: September 03, 2009, 08:41:32 AM »
Taken from my local farang website

Kap Cheung is where I went. They are not closing, but are not going to do Visa extention renewals there, just 90 day checkin's. It seems that Surin takes care of 2 provinces now and is going to pick up Korat, and since there is more Farangs in Korat and it is a bigger city they are moving there. But the Kap Cheung will stay open with limited staff for 90 day checkin's. confused4

The girl there told the wife that means 1 time a year she gets to go shopping in Korat
jumping8

I am sorry I do not know any other details as I did not visit myself. I love the last sentence quoteing Immigration, that helps us a great deal, NOT!!!!

Dave
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 09:38:18 AM by ADMIN »

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
Re: Kap Cheung downsizing.No more Visa Extention renewals
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 09:46:39 AM »
Talked with immigration officer few days ago, he saying Surin Kap Chong MIGHT have people in the near future in  Korat and that will allow us the Foreigners to do the 90 days notification in Korat as well.

I can't see how it helps Buriram foreigners, as the Surin immigration is much closer than Korat.

One down side I find is that the Surin not accept 90 days notification by MAIL, and that's how I did it until now with Korat immigration, Now I can't ! Only Kap Chong and need to drive there.
 :'(   

Anyway,for Buriram residents you NEED to apply for visa & 90 days notification in SURIN KAP CHONG IMMIGRATION.

sawadi

isanbirder

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, 12:33:21 PM »
One moment they're talking about opening an office in Buriram;  the next they're supposedly downsizing Kap Cheong.  I can't wait for the next instalment (my visa extension is not until March).

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2009, 05:33:39 PM »

Hi regarding Visa 90 day check Buriram i checked this story in Nakonrajacima ( Korat ) this story was confirmed by the head immigration officer to be "untrue" not going to happen  . May be one day" Seeing is beliving ". :D

If any of you go to (Korat) there is 2 male officers

1st one as you go in there on the left looks as misserable as sin ( i do not think he likes his job ) so i asked why he never smiles to his boss and the answer i got he does when he is drinking wishky( have any idea's ) you got it in a paper bag ! no problems...

2nd one next to him he is what i would call the "Best Offical Government Representative i have ever met"  he is very thorough and very neat and tidy to renue 1 year visa he has to do 16 documents he puts all the stamps in the same place and sign in the same place . DO WE HAVE THAT DISSAPLIN  confused1  my advise to you all be nice to them ! take them a small gift of apprication SOME SWEETS COOKIES CANS OF COFFEE DONUTS !! not ice cream ok .... GENERALLY SOMETHING THE WHOLE OFFICE CAN SHARE . party10

I do all my immagration pappers alone ...... jumping1 when i do them with "LOVED ONE" you learn nothing you do not get a repore with the officer it is YOUR VISA  and NOT your loved one Generally they do not like to have them there as they can make things more Difficult because they  Sorry have to say it like this They do not handle the sittuation well!

Remember its not a wonderfull job they do HELP THEM TO HELP YOU!  Think PAINFULL OR PAINLESS  welcome1

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2009, 09:46:42 AM »
For those of you that do drive here to find immigration office in Korat if you know where the foot brige at the Mall in Korat head towards BKK exactly 12 likometers on the left ( telecomunication building ground floor ) be shure to get into frontage road early or you will have to do long U turns...

For those who want to know!  If you spend time to understand your immagration Officers you can find out from them as i did ... Generally they do not like Thai women    .....WHY.... because a very high percentage are only after money and give (sai-nar) loose face to thailand. So the loved one talks to the officer she is telling him/her that she is thai and has a duty to help thai ! the officer is put under pressure ( and they know what is going on and they can not tell you because she will go screaming !)

Remember YOUR VISA ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and not her RIGHT to YOUR Money welcome1 
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 09:49:39 AM by ADMIN »

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2009, 09:53:16 AM »
Good advice and directions to Korat office "3100034".  welcome1

UPDATE!

confirmed!
Just talked with the KAP CHONG woman officer and she said KAP CHONG WILL BE CLOSED BY 1st OCTOBER!

ALL 90 DAYS NOTIFICATIONS + VISA APPLICATIONS  - - - KORAT / Nakorn Ratchasima.

Directions + Map to Korat Immigration:http://www.buriramexpats.com/forum/index.php/topic,48.0.html

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2009, 09:47:36 AM »
This gets more confusing by the day...........An American did his 90 days reporting yesterday & was told that a facility to do your 90 days will be availble down at the border crossing!!!!!!!!! 

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2009, 11:16:34 AM »
Who knows.. maybe they will make "Drive Throuth" 90 days notification + Gary's pies.. hehehe...  :D  confused5
« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 11:22:10 AM by ADMIN »

isanbirder

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2009, 12:10:45 PM »
This gets more confusing by the day...........An American did his 90 days reporting yesterday & was told that a facility to do your 90 days will be availble down at the border crossing!!!!!!!!! 

I heard the same (indirectly) from someone who went there yesterday.

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2009, 10:59:00 AM »

I heard the same (indirectly) from someone who went there yesterday.
I wonder what the story will be this week.........Oct 1st is getting mighty close!!!!

isanbirder

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2009, 01:51:38 PM »
Don't be difficult!  My next 90 days is due on October 8.  But I believe Dave the Dude is going before then... and will be sure to give us the correct gen!

dave the dude

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2009, 03:24:52 PM »
Don't be difficult!  My next 90 days is due on October 8.  But I believe Dave the Dude is going before then... and will be sure to give us the correct gen!

Well I did my last ever 90 day report today at Kap Cheung Immigration Office. The ever helpful Daw explained that she will be going over to work in Korat, so thats their gain.
She confirmed that further 90 day reports (only) could be done at the exit side(left) of Chong Chom Border.

She did, however, say make sure the guys understand that you are reporting only and NOT leaving Thailand. From that, I guess, she is expecting problems there but they do have her phone number if problems arise. I suppose the good news is you will now be able to report on Saturday & Sundays.

Dave

isanbirder

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2009, 06:51:04 PM »
Thanks, Dave.  I shall be going there on or about October 8, and will let the forum know how it goes at the border shack!  (unless someone else gets there before me)

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2009, 09:36:27 AM »
Thanks, Dave.  I shall be going there on or about October 8, and will let the forum know how it goes at the border shack!  (unless someone else gets there before me)
I hope people turning up at Korat office are not refused & told to report to Chong Chom!!!!!!!!!!!1

isanbirder

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2009, 02:32:13 PM »
I did my 90 days' report at Chom Chong today;  no problem.  The office is in a white portacabin on the right of the exit office.  Just say TM47 (preferably in Thai!) to any officer, and they know what it is.  Preferably take a form already filled in (can be downloaded).

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick