{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: STOP SMOKING !  (Read 22063 times)

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
STOP SMOKING !
« on: July 25, 2008, 06:03:46 PM »
Today in the morning I woke up cough and thought to myself,why am I doing it to myself? . .
This kind of thought ran into my mind for 2 months now but today I knew,if I'm not gonna do it now it will just get harder and harder to stop smoking (3 years 1 box/day).
Went to the pharmecy and bought nicotine gum to help me pass the first few days.
The first coffee without cigarette was wierd but the nicotine gum helped alot!!

I hope it will success for me and I invite YOU to join me,maybe we'll have some kind of "support group" helping each other to quit smoking.  happy2

Start point 9:00 AM 25/7/08

« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 06:07:43 PM by ADMIN »

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
Re: STOP SMOKING !
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2008, 02:08:42 AM »
Hi

Me I'm a non smoker, but GOOD LUCK  happy3 ...Be Strong

TBWG sawadi

Offline Somnat

• Reliable reporter on the right way
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2008, 09:17:37 PM »
Good luck from me also.... you will need that and a heap of willpower.

One of the many reasons for giving up the "coffin nails" in western countries is (besides health reasons) the ever increasing costs of smokes.

Here at $1.30 AUD it does not seem to factor in to the equation for some people :o

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2008, 09:12:32 AM »
True,cigarettes are cheap here,its not the cost but the feeling,only a smoker can understand the feeling of taking a cigarette even if your body feels bad with it.
I enjoyed smoke for 3+ years.it was fun(or so I thought..) the last 2-3 months it feels just too bad to continue smoke!! in the evening your body nervous when u go to sleep (not before 1-3 cigarettes "before sleep") and than it makes the opposite instead of helping you sleep you feel more "wake up"/nervous ,you wake up in the morning with your body hurt and tired craving for a cigarette. mid-day after/before food,with alcohol,before driving,after driving and on and on.. its just takes control on your life !!
I really enjoyed it at start but I see instead I control it and enjoy it, the cigarette,this habit CONTROL ME !!
and at this point I say enough is enough,I will take control on my life and my joy and health in my life,not some tobacco-sticks.  confused1

*3rd day report: 1st day 5 nicotin gums. 2nd day 2 nicotin gums. NOT A SINGLE CIGGY..  sick1

runningdog
« Last Edit: August 02, 2008, 06:40:14 PM by ADMIN »

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2008, 05:37:21 PM »

*3rd day report: 1st day 5 nicotin gums. 2nd day 2 nicotin gums. NOT A SINGLE CIGGY..  sick1

runningdog

Well done  jumping8  Keep it up

TBWG sawadi

Lourens

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2008, 05:40:18 PM »
I tried those nicotine patches once but they were very difficult to light. Then I switched to the gum but it kept getting stuck in my throat when I inhale.

Good luck man. Keep it up!

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2008, 09:30:28 PM »
report: lately because no "nicotine supply" my body feels so tired,I read its normal as the nicotine makes the body more nervous and therefore not tired..  love4
Whoever of you trying to stop smoking needs to know at first its hard,very hard,your body will react differently and the alcohol will taste wierd (at this point after trying beer twice..) I'm off from beer for now anyway..  nowinkbar
maybe the lighter drinks or more quality drinks as no have the taste of the cigarette to hide the real taste of drinks and its also apply to food.
Anyway back to my day,no single 'nicotine gum' but maybe later tonight.I found the regular gums to have the same effect (after you pass the first 2 days..) and of course the regular gums no have the nicotine but they do have important part in breaking the craving for ciggy or actually for anything to do with the mouth ,eat more,chew gums,drink,anything to keep the mouth in motion and busy. if you keep the mouth not busy ,automaticly the craving for ciggy will come.
I assume its only the first few days but I'm strong and not going to break this way. confused2
Haa..of course.forgot to say,my lung and breath is SO MUCH BETTER,and its just the 3rd day.

ps:sorry to upset our smokers forum members..  ;)

Anyone to join me??   sawadi
« Last Edit: July 27, 2008, 09:33:01 PM by ADMIN »

Offline Somnat

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2008, 09:22:31 PM »
I tried those nicotine patches once but they were very difficult to light. Then I switched to the gum but it kept getting stuck in my throat when I inhale.

Good luck man. Keep it up!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Offline Somnat

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2008, 09:25:57 PM »

Anyone to join me??   sawadi

Not at this stage....but I hope it works for you :biggrin:

Offline Somnat

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2008, 09:27:09 PM »
Hi

TBWG sawadi

TBWG... Non Smoker or Ex Smoker :-\

Just curious sawadi

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2008, 03:19:47 PM »
6th day already, time perspective is slow,almost failed yesterday when sit with friends with beers.
I fought against myself chewing regular mint gum while drink beer,not to mention the others smoked straight infront of my face,didnt helped alot..  :'( Straight away took 1 nicotine gum and you can't believe how calming that was..really,I dont think its only psychological but also the material the nicotine do his job successfully.  ;)
I won't go back to the nicotine gum but on very hard times he can "save me from myself"  character1 ( kind of strong sentence..don't you think? )

Still going strong. though the hardest time is to do other things with myself especially the end of the day when less things to do so I found renting movies and some fruits and nit nit noy alcohol can help a lot (the alcohol is a separate subject as consuming too much [in my case too much is over 1 bottle] increase the crave for a smoke and by the way,its not only me; I have read lots of researches and its true,have some kind of material in the nicotine that when you smoke the nicotine release this material/chemical,I dont really remember the name of it and it takes control on part of the brain that alcohol encourage smoking more than usually,this is the reason any smoker when drinks alcohol will consume/smoke more than normal situations. as you can see everything have explanations and I read a lot of researches on this subject to gain knowledge and understand whats going on with my body and the ciggy effects on the body and brain in general.

sawadi
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 09:10:21 PM by ADMIN »

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2008, 04:58:41 PM »
The 8th day, seiously think of back smoking,but the nicotine gums are stopping me from doing it..  confused5  [1 nicotine gum a day,the end of the day after all the walls has been broken.. confused1 ]
Its hard,I've got to learn its addiction with all the aspects involved with it.
Some of the "stop smoking" effects:

Nervous !!! very very nervous.

Psychotic effects. (yes yes..its "only" cigarettes but when you on the proccess of stopping from smoking you experience things you never thought you'll experience during this proccess).
Actually I think its brilliant,this invention! cigarettes!! as if you think about the places and times it takes part into your life you have to agree with me !!
when you wake up you need  as you "just wake up"/no nicotine all night.
you happy you "celebrate" the happiness with them.
you sad you comfort yourself with them.
alcohol -> X
ok ok I'm not gonna talk about it anymore but you get the point.. :)

Its an addiction and not just "fun to smoke" and I "Clean" for 8 days.
It is what it is.No matter how I'll try to look at it .
(and believe me,I tried to make it sound to myself more "pretty").

If I pass 1 more week,just 1 more week,the only thing I'll have to deal is the psychological part.

1 good thing happan since then:
my house smells better.. umm  :wacko: and thats it at this point I can't count any more benefits as I'm too nervous.. hehe..  jumping3
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 05:04:49 PM by ADMIN »

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2008, 05:25:19 PM »
Hi

TBWG sawadi

TBWG... Non Smoker or Ex Smoker :-\

Just curious sawadi

Me .. a non smoker that is if you don't count the dog ends behind the school bike sheds!!! cool2

TBWG sawadi

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2008, 10:27:32 PM »
Ok,back to my report, I know even the smokers members wants to know how it feels like (and maybe they know and want to share with us..).
Ok,so its like the.. 15th day of smokless life,no rings no shadows..can I say its fun ??  confused1
NO I CAN'T.. but..my health is important for me and my body "told" me to stop so I listen..

Ok,so about the crave to take a cigarette is no longer exist on day time,but when it comes to boring times,when nothing to do..well..I don't let it happan but on that times I feel little bit craving for a small small ciggy. ;)  fighting1

I think I have passed the hardest step and thats the first 10th days. (VERY VERY HARD).
I don't know the future but I think I should always be carefull from taking "small ciggy" as I'll like it alot and therefore will be very soon back to my 1 pack a day.

Ok,thats my report for now. happy3
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 10:56:26 PM by ADMIN »

Offline RayBan

• Contributor with future
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2008, 05:14:52 PM »
Hi Admin,

Just some encouragement to keep it up. You are getting past the stage of the nicotine fix, however wishing for a ciggy will never leave you.

I gave up smoking 7th January, 1984. Like yourself, if you are successful in finally walking away from the "weed," well it is a date that will always stay with you. However, to this day I still get the urge now and again. I don't mean all the time, but I used to smoke roasted tobacco, like Marlborough and the likes. I get the whiff of a Marlborough, I could still turn around in a beer session situation and easily smoke one.

So you have to maintain that willpower for the rest of your life really.................one small ciggy (as you say) is all that it takes to start you off again.

Everyone finds their own way to handle the screaming "eebie jeebies" when you first stop, I found exercising until I was really puffed helped to take my urges away............hope this helps.................. cool1

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick