{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: THAI PASSPORT  (Read 20836 times)

amlvsc

THAI PASSPORT
« on: July 24, 2008, 12:26:54 PM »
COULD ANYONE TELL ME IF THERE IS ANYWHERE IN BURI RAM WHERE MY WIFE MAY GO AND APPLY FOR HER THAI PASSPORT. IM NOT TO SURE HOW THIS WORKS IN THAILAND SO IF THERE IS ANYONE THAT COULD ENLIGHTEN ME IT WOULD BE VERY APPRECIATIVE. ALSO A PHONE NUMBER WHERE THIS COULD BE DONE WOULD BE HELPFULL

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
Re: THAI PASSPORT
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 03:31:39 PM »
Hi

Sorry but I believe you will have to go to either Kon Kaen or Bangkok, at least that was the situation a few years back, however I am not 100% sure and hopefully will be proved wrong!

TBWG sawadi

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 04:13:14 PM »
Khon Kean ?! isnt that too far?
The right and closest place to issue passport is KORAT (nakorn ratchasima).

Good luck  runningdog

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 05:22:39 PM »
Hi

Yup, would appear there is one in Korat ...opened in last couple of years.   ..............see   "I believe there is a new place in Korat, not far from Ya Mo, under the ThaiKrung bank (downstairs, in the basement). It's on the same street as Klang Plaza 2, opposite side, just after the park..."

Hope this helps

TBWG sawadi

Offline Merv47

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2008, 01:26:39 AM »
Last year 2007 (April or May) my wife and I went to the City Hall in City of Buriram to register our marriage. The place was quite busy and she soon found out that a team from the passport office in Korat was in the City Hall taking local applications for Thai Passports. Apparently this happens on a regular basis. We were lucky that we went when they were there. Since she had all of the required paperwork and ID to register our marriage, she only required a couple of photos for the passport appliction. Her passport arrived at our house by mail less than 2 weeks later.

Phone the office in Korat and find out their schedule for the City Hall in Buriram.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2008, 06:52:03 PM »
True,but I find it hard to be able to apply in Buriram for passport on the same time (once a year or something like that..) the Korat guys decide to come. Don't you think so ?...

For Buriram,still yet the closest and fastest way is to go to Korat and apply and get it a week later by post.
 confused3

Offline Merv47

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2008, 05:50:45 AM »
Up to you, if you think it is easier to go to Korat.

This one year thing you are mentioning is pure unadultered bullshit. My wife has a five year Thai Passport. (issued from the Korat team that visted Burirm City Hall)

So many people (foreign) think it is difficult to do things in Thailand.

It's easy....follow the rules and don't get in the way of your Thai Wife. The THAI process works for Thais and only gets complicated when a foreigner get's involved.

I find it easy to sit  and drink a few beers, while my wife takes care of business. If it is necessary for me to do something (even picking out  can of soup) she calls me on my phone that she insisits that I have with me (when she is shopping or taking care of THAI BUSINESs  that I have no patience for) , when she is not personlly with me. Yes...I have a phone...but the only one who calls it, is my wife. All of my true friends know that she is with me and is my 24hour body guard. They know I seldom carry my phone, but they know my Thai wife always has her phone with her......and when they want to talk with me...they call my wife.

I'm tired from various forums from saying the same thing.

Love Thailand and your wife....or Simply leave. There is airplanes leaving everyday for the country you left behind.

Over and out and no more responses from me. I'm tired of hearing from idiots that make their life in Thailand more difficult than it has to be.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2008, 11:58:03 AM »
You miss understand what I tried to say. I didn't said you get a 1 year vaild passport. read again and understand: I talked about the korat guys!!
Anyway you shouldn't be so frustrated and upset from other people's thoughts,opinion,etc.

This is a forum and forum meant to be so that people can discuss and talk about things in life..
so anyway I welcome you to our forum and hope your life experience in Thailand will enrich all of us !  love2
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 09:29:15 PM by ADMIN »

Offline Merv47

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2008, 03:40:47 AM »
I'm sorry if I was rude to you.  I have reread my response and your's. Please read again. You are implying that the Passport people come to Buriram once a year and that doesn't meet your schedule. Read my first response and I advised you to contact the Thai Passport office in Korat and get their schedule for visits to Buriram City Hall......Sorry...... I can't do that for you. I have given you my advice based on my own personal experience.

Have your Thai wife take care of this for you. I would be LOST in Thailand (buriram) if my wife didn't take care of the buisness things. Place some reponsibility on your LADY/WIFE TO TAKE CARE OF THE THAI THINGS YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND.

Believe me .....it works better that way.

Submitted Respectfully.

HappyinIsaan

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2008, 08:00:35 AM »

Have your Thai wife take care of this for you. I would be LOST in Thailand (buriram) if my wife didn't take care of the buisness things. Place some reponsibility on your LADY/WIFE TO TAKE CARE OF THE THAI THINGS YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND.

This may work for you and maybe some others too, but for many of us our ladies/wives involvement just makes matters worse. Quite apart from trying to explain to them exactly what it is we want and how we want it done, when we don't know the Thai words, and they don't understand business/financial teminology, further problems arise when they try to request the service, and are asked questions once again using words they have never previously heard. 

A friend, only last week took his wife to the TOT office to request an IPSTAR broadband internet connection, but she had no idea what he wanted and the TOT employee had no idea either. After a frustrating 10 minutes my friend then took over, and using sign language to depict a satellite dish looking at the sky managed to be understood.

I have always attempted to do everything myself, usually successfully, and always list down the essential Thai words of what I need by first consulting a dictionary.

To each their own!

Offline pablo

• Contributor with future
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2008, 01:29:48 PM »
I'm sorry if I was rude to you.  I have reread my response and your's. Please read again. You are implying that the Passport people come to Buriram once a year and that doesn't meet your schedule. Read my first response and I advised you to contact the Thai Passport office in Korat and get their schedule for visits to Buriram City Hall......Sorry...... I can't do that for you. I have given you my advice based on my own personal experience.

Submitted Respectfully.

I think I'd rather your wife do the posting here on this forum, from now on.

You seem a bit high strung. 55555 cool1

somchai

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2010, 07:50:41 AM »
Up to you, if you think it is easier to go to Korat.

This one year thing you are mentioning is pure unadultered bullshit. My wife has a five year Thai Passport. (issued from the Korat team that visted Burirm City Hall)

So many people (foreign) think it is difficult to do things in Thailand.

It's easy....follow the rules and don't get in the way of your Thai Wife. The THAI process works for Thais and only gets complicated when a foreigner get's involved.

I find it easy to sit  and drink a few beers, while my wife takes care of business. If it is necessary for me to do something (even picking out  can of soup) she calls me on my phone that she insisits that I have with me (when she is shopping or taking care of THAI BUSINESs  that I have no patience for) , when she is not personlly with me. Yes...I have a phone...but the only one who calls it, is my wife. All of my true friends know that she is with me and is my 24hour body guard. They know I seldom carry my phone, but they know my Thai wife always has her phone with her......and when they want to talk with me...they call my wife.

I'm tired from various forums from saying the same thing.

Love Thailand and your wife....or Simply leave. There is airplanes leaving everyday for the country you left behind.

Over and out and no more responses from me. I'm tired of hearing from idiots that make their life in Thailand more difficult than it has to be.
Am I the only one that is confused here? WTF...??? boatsailing

dave the dude

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2010, 08:54:41 AM »
Back on topic

A Thai friend this week got his Thai passport from the temporary Office in UBON. The perminant one was burnt down by the Red Shirted Thugs.
The whole process took 1/2 hour.

Offline maraudingscot

• Contributor on the right way
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2010, 11:07:26 PM »
 blah2

So ok, did anyone everyfind out when the guys from passport office in Khorat come to Buriram. cool3

is it once a year knuppel2
once a month  party16
every week :D

Just out of interest as I could get g/f to go there while awaiting me to arrive back in the
promised land thailandflag
from God's country scotlandflag

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2010, 11:30:10 PM »
It should be easy for her to get a passport in korat, I don't think they are coming to Buriram often if at all, there was a time they came and let people APPLY in Buriram but its not worth the waiting at all.
*She will get the passport by EMS (She need to ask them to send it to her) after about 1-2 weeks from the day of application.

Tell her to take the bus to Korat and go Korat city hall (Thai language:"sala klang cham wat") to apply.

It's in the basement of "Krung Thai" Bank next to Korat city Hall on Mahadthai road between Klang Plaza and the Night Bazaar.

Korat city hall (Thai language:"sala klang cham wat") Placemark:
Lat. 14degrees 58'22.32"N and Long. 102degrees 5'58.85"E

« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 11:32:31 PM by ADMIN »

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM