{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Extension of O-A Visa  (Read 9226 times)

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
Re: Extension of O-A Visa
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2019, 08:44:50 PM »
Oh dear, Urleft.

Please look at the form. It says "application for stay in the kingdom". It also says "must have been granted a Non immigrant visa". Also this is a police order. Visas are not issued under the provisions of Royal Thai Police but the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Extensions of Stay are issued by Royal Thai Police, as per this order. Hope this helps.

The Op says:   " I have an O-A Visa, based on retirement "    so you are saying he needs to apply for new visa?  I thought he could apply for an extension, am I am wrong?

FFS, Urleft. The police order shows the requirements to extend permission to stay obtained by entering Thailand with a non immigrant visa. An O-A visa is exactly that. A non immigrant visa. I advised the OP how he could extend.I backed that up with the police order. That is it. Simple, for those that want to believe.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2019, 09:00:14 PM »
Oh dear, Urleft.

Please look at the form. It says "application for stay in the kingdom". It also says "must have been granted a Non immigrant visa". Also this is a police order. Visas are not issued under the provisions of Royal Thai Police but the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Extensions of Stay are issued by Royal Thai Police, as per this order. Hope this helps.

The Op says:   " I have an O-A Visa, based on retirement "    so you are saying he needs to apply for new visa?  I thought he could apply for an extension, am I am wrong?

FFS, Urleft. The police order shows the requirements to extend permission to stay obtained by entering Thailand with a non immigrant visa. An O-A visa is exactly that. A non immigrant visa. I advised the OP how he could extend.I backed that up with the police order. That is it. Simple, for those that want to believe.

So Starman, exactly how many days would the op need to season 800K baht in the bank?  You have yet to provide an coherent answer.  Note that 2 months does not equal 60 days.  For example, per your guidance if he deposited 800K in the bank on 1 Dec and applied for a visa on 28 Jan that money would meat the 2 month requirement, but it would not be 60 days and IMHO subject to denial.   

As usual I cannot get coherent anwser from you. 

So please provide the exact amount of time the OP would need to have deposited 800K baht to be eligible for a retirement extention?  You have yet to specify the numbers for that question.  (note that 2 months does not always equal 2 days)

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2019, 09:08:32 PM »
Oh dear, Urleft.

So Starman, exactly how many days would the op need to season 800K baht in the bank?  You have yet to provide an coherent answer.  Note that 2 months does not equal 60 days.  For example, per your guidance if he deposited 800K in the bank on 1 Dec and applied for a visa on 28 Jan that money would meat the 2 month requirement, but it would not be 60 days and IMHO subject to denial.   

As usual I cannot get coherent anwser from you. 

So please provide the exact amount of time the OP would need to have deposited 800K baht to be eligible for a retirement extention?  You have yet to specify the numbers for that question.  (note that 2 months does not always equal 2 days)

I truly have tried my best.

May I please take this opportunity to invite other members to try post an explanation that may just get get through Urleft's thick skull.

To the original OP....It would be my guess that you fully understand what 2 months means. I hope I have been of help to you. If you need any other information please feel free to send me a message. That way we can avoid the little creatures under the bridge.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2019, 09:26:06 PM »

I truly have tried my best.

May I please take this opportunity to invite other members to try post an explanation that may just get get through Urleft's thick skull.

To the original OP....It would be my guess that you fully understand what 2 months means. I hope I have been of help to you. If you need any other information please feel free to send me a message. That way we can avoid the little creatures under the bridge.

This is typical Starman.  You cannot answer how many days is 2 months.  You refuse to say that your stated 2 months will get the op a retirement extension.   

I state the Op would need 90 days with 800K baht to get his extension, you say I am wrong he only needs 2 months, but then you refuse to back that up for extensions.   

The Op needs to be careful on income verification, especially when depending on Starman as he will not backup with a firm answer. 

From what have seen if you are depending on 65K baht a month you need to be prepared to show that coming into a Thailand bank probably over a 6 month period or more.   

The issue here is that verification criteria has changed a lot in the past years and you need to ensure you are valid instead of questionable. 

Offline Freddy

• Gifte​d Poster
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2019, 09:40:44 PM »
FFS Keith. You are being an arse and have now hijacked this post from a guy who is asking a perfectly reasonable question. If it wasn?t so bloody childish it would be funny.

Starman has answered the question the OP asked and posted the relevant document that clarifies and supports the answer.

Please just give it a rest so the grown ups can benefit from the Forum instead of having to pick through the Nursery School idiocy.

Offline Smithy

• Reliable reporter on the right way
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2019, 09:51:55 PM »
Oh dear, Urleft.

Come on you 2 " Get a Room "  love2

An OA is done in your own country. An O can be obtained at many consulates with either proof of marriage to a Thai or proof of being 50 years old, or older.
A single entry O is good for one 90 day entry, though muti entery 'O's are avalible at some Embassies / Consulates . A single entry OA is good for 1 year ( with 90 day reporting ) .
An O can be extended at an immigration office for 1 year for 1900 baht, assuming you meet the requirements for a marriage or retirement extension.
Same for the OA , although extensions are mostly done for retirement.

Alan's ......The just follow the rules that Starman has posted and ignore all the rest of this tittle-tattle thumbup

« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 09:54:03 PM by Smithy »

Offline Gerry

• Contributor on the right way
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2019, 10:02:10 PM »
FFS Keith. You are being an arse and have now hijacked this post from a guy who is asking a perfectly reasonable question. If it wasn?t so bloody childish it would be funny.

Starman has answered the question the OP asked and posted the relevant document that clarifies and supports the answer.

Please just give it a rest so the grown ups can benefit from the Forum instead of having to pick through the Nursery School idiocy.

It's a shame this forum does not have a like button. If it did the likes for this post would go through the roof.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2019, 08:01:43 AM »

Freddy, you are right and I have to apologize to Starman as he was correct.  In the light of day and researching the issue I found: 

(4) At least 2 months prior to filing date, and at least 3 months after being granted permission, the alien must have fund deposited in a bank in Thailand of no less than THB 800,000. The alien can withdraw the fund 3 months after being granted permission and the remaining balance must be no less than THB 400,00 or;
http://www.rwtlaw.co.th/attn-update-on-retirementmarriage-visa-guidelines/

No sure how they are going to check the 3 months after. 

That being said, be careful on months, as I mentioned I was denied an extension where I had over 800,000 over a 4 month period but only for 85 days:

"He noticed that I did not have the money "seasoned" for 90 days, only 85.  He then said (even though my passport was already stamped with the new extension) they could not give me one.  I even showed him where the money was in a separate account at BB and transferred.  Did no good,   Ended up having the extension cancelled "
http://www.buriramexpats.com/forum/index.php/topic,7614.msg51901.html#msg51901

Offline Gerry

• Contributor on the right way
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2019, 08:09:35 AM »

Freddy, you are right and I have to apologize to Starman as he was correct.  In the light of day and researching the issue I found: 

(4) At least 2 months prior to filing date, and at least 3 months after being granted permission, the alien must have fund deposited in a bank in Thailand of no less than THB 800,000. The alien can withdraw the fund 3 months after being granted permission and the remaining balance must be no less than THB 400,00 or;
http://www.rwtlaw.co.th/attn-update-on-retirementmarriage-visa-guidelines/

No sure how they are going to check the 3 months after. 

That being said, be careful on months, as I mentioned I was denied an extension where I had over 800,000 over a 4 month period but only for 85 days:

"He noticed that I did not have the money "seasoned" for 90 days, only 85.  He then said (even though my passport was already stamped with the new extension) they could not give me one.  I even showed him where the money was in a separate account at BB and transferred.  Did no good,   Ended up having the extension cancelled "
http://www.buriramexpats.com/forum/index.php/topic,7614.msg51901.html#msg51901

You accept information from an unofficial source but not a notice from immigration police because you don't like who posted it.

You are a p****, aren't you?

You have just posted exactly what was advised and advised again and again over numerous posts.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 01:03:46 PM by Mod »

Offline Bob

• Contributor with future
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2019, 08:15:26 AM »
BTW, IO at iArena told me twice  he needs 3 months of my 800 000 deposited before extension
« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 08:20:57 AM by Mod »

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2019, 08:18:32 AM »
BTW, IO at iArena told me twice  he needs 3 months of my 800 000 deposited

The new order did not come into effect until March 1st. I would suggest you show him the police order I posted,

Offline Bob

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2019, 08:29:17 AM »
I know but if I do he will loose his face and smile no more  love1. I have already deposited 3 months ago and my extension due in Oct.

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2019, 09:21:21 AM »
I know but if I do he will loose his face and smile no more  love1. I have already deposited 3 months ago and my extension due in Oct.

Then I would take it to the main office. I have not heard of any complaints about the 2 month rule there. That's not to say there haven't been any.

Anyone else heard anything?

Offline Bob

« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2019, 10:42:54 AM »
Well, just to let people know. few day ago did me 90 days (3 mins), asked again and the same answer I got as 180 days ago. 3 months prior.

Offline Bob

« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2019, 10:44:35 AM »
Could be applied only to my persona. Just sharing.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick