{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: CRICKET WORLD CUP KICKS OFF  (Read 40273 times)

isanbirder

Re: CRICKET WORLD CUP KICKS OFF
« Reply #105 on: April 05, 2011, 05:08:18 PM »
I really don' t think cricket is for most of you.  It needs slim, athletic people to play it, though there are exceptions.  His best friend wouldn't have called Arjuna Ranatunga slim and athletic (he captained Sri Lanka to victory in the WC in the '90s).  The champion, who would make even Nookie's 130kgs  (you said it, not me) look athletic, was Dwayne Leverock (I think I've spelt him right), who played for Bermuda in the last WC... come to think of it, at 270 lbs he was much the same as you.

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #106 on: April 05, 2011, 05:12:09 PM »
I think it's a disgrace to limit the "World Cup" to just 10 countries in 2015, Whilst those not being chosen may not be so good NOW who's to say that in 4 years time the competing 10 might be down on their luck.

Can hardly justify calling it a "WORLD CUP!"

isanbirder

« Reply #107 on: April 05, 2011, 05:20:06 PM »
I think it's a disgrace to limit the "World Cup" to just 10 countries in 2015, Whilst those not being chosen may not be so good NOW who's to say that in 4 years time the competing 10 might be down on their luck.

A lot of people are saying the same, Nick.  Especially as the ten include Zimbabwe and Bangladesh, who would certainly not be a walkover against Ireland or Afghanistan  (the latter have developed rapidly since the last elimination tournament).

boloa

« Reply #108 on: April 05, 2011, 05:32:02 PM »

Well the Yanks have got away with calling their Baseball ( like rounders )annual championship series  the World Series since 1903 and no other Countries are even involved  ::). At least Cricket lets  10 countries play in the their  World Cup . :biggrin:

mxyzptlk

« Reply #109 on: April 05, 2011, 05:43:14 PM »

I googled it of course.....
Mr mxyzptlk ..I will be reviewing a film about a a friend of yours from DC Comics on my next movie review ..Johan Hex!!!

Could be right up your street. :biggrin:
Quite correct Mr Boloa, DC comics is where I got the name from many years ago.....fortunately for me, saying the word "kltpzyxm" doesn't make me disappear as with the original character....

isanbirder

« Reply #110 on: April 05, 2011, 06:40:22 PM »

Well the Yanks have got away with calling their Baseball ( like rounders )annual championship series  the World Series since 1903 and no other Countries are even involved  ::). At least Cricket lets  10 countries play in the their  World Cup . :biggrin:

But who takes any notice of the Yanks?  In sports terms, that is.  They play a debased form of football, and a debased form of netball, which they call basketball, and a girl's game, rounders, which they call baseball.... and Indy car racing isn't a patch on F1.  No wonder they gave up cricket (they were quite good in the 1790s);  it must have been too complex for them.

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #111 on: April 06, 2011, 05:51:11 AM »

I googled it of course.....
Mr mxyzptlk ..I will be reviewing a film about a a friend of yours from DC Comics on my next movie review ..Johan Hex!!!

Could be right up your street. :biggrin:
....fortunately for me, saying the word "kltpzyxm" doesn't make me disappear as with the original character....
Thats a fcuking shame

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #112 on: April 06, 2011, 05:52:50 AM »

But who takes any notice of the Yanks?  In sports terms, that is.  They play a debased form of football, and a debased form of netball, which they call basketball, and a girl's game, rounders, which they call baseball.... and Indy car racing isn't a patch on F1.  No wonder they gave up cricket (they were quite good in the 1790s);  it must have been too complex for them.
Very good post IB redman redman

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #113 on: April 06, 2011, 09:18:12 AM »
Sri Lankan Captain Sangakaara stands down as Test Captain...

isanbirder

« Reply #114 on: April 06, 2011, 09:58:41 AM »
Sri Lankan Captain Sangakaara stands down as Test Captain...

In recent years the Sri Lankans have had a habit of changing their captains rather frequently;  I suppose Dilshan is next up.  The Indians used to do the same, until they found Dhoni.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Dentist by Thai Bart
June 06, 2024, 06:56:48 PM

Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod