{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: So you think you know it all ? QUIZ  (Read 9101 times)

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
So you think you know it all ? QUIZ
« on: August 19, 2010, 10:39:04 PM »
Hi Bums

There are only nine questions.

This is a quiz for people who know everything!   nono

I found out in a hurry that I didn't. 
These are not trick questions. 
They are straight questions with straight answers.

1. Name the one sport in which neither the spectators nor the participants know the score or the leader until the contest ends.

2. What famous North American landmark is constantly moving backward? 

3. Of all vegetables, only two can live to produce on their own for several  growing seasons.  All other vegetables must be replanted every year.  What are the only two perennial vegetables?

4. What fruit has its seeds on the outside?

5. In many liquor stores, you can buy pear brandy, with a real pear inside the bottle.  The pear is whole and ripe, and the bottle is genuine; it hasn't been cut in any way.  How did the pear get inside the bottle?

6. Only three words in standard English begin with the letters ' dw' and they are all common words.  Name two of them.

7. There are 14 punctuation marks in English grammar. 
Can you name at least half of them?

8. Name the only vegetable or fruit that is never sold frozen, canned, processed, cooked, or in any other form except fresh.

9. Name 6 or more things that you can wear on your feet beginning with the letter 'S.'

Answers in a few days!

TBWG sawadi

« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 10:42:58 PM by ADMIN »

Offline Paddyram

• Contributor on the right way
  • Censored!
Re: So you think you know it all ? QUIZ
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 12:55:38 AM »
1. Chess ?
2. Mount Rushmore (erosion)
3. ? potatoes ? and ?
4. Strawberry (but if you want to be very technical, that means its not a fruit it is a 'droop-sack', because by definition fruit have there seeds on the inside)
5. When the pear is small and still growing on the tree it is placed into the bottle (and the bottle is held in place by wires) as the bottle is glass the pear still gets sunlight and it still grows.  When big enough, cut the pear (now bigger than the bottle neck) and add the brandy.
6. Dwell, Dwelling, Dwight (as in Dwight Yorke)
7. full stop (period), hyphen, apostrophy, semi-colon, colon, comma, inverted comma, brackets, question mark, exclamation mark ..
8. Banana ? (but they cook them in isaan), Orange ?
9. Shoes, Socks, Sandals, Slippers, Slip-ons, Skies, Snow-shoes, Snow-board, Skates

well, how did I do ?  cool2 cool1

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 01:06:56 AM »
1. Chess ?
3. ? potatoes ? and ?
4. Strawberry (but if you want to be very technical, that means its not a fruit it is a 'droop-sack', because by definition fruit have there seeds on the inside)
5. When the pear is small and still growing on the tree it is placed into the bottle (and the bottle is held in place by wires) as the bottle is glass the pear still gets sunlight and it still grows.  When big enough, cut the pear (now bigger than the bottle neck) and add the brandy.
7. full stop (period), hyphen, apostrophe, semi-colon, colon, comma, inverted comma, brackets, question mark, exclamation mark ..
9. Shoes, Socks, Sandals, Slippers, Slip-ons, Skis, Snow-shoes, Snow-board, Skates

Not too bad

1, 2, 3 & 8 wrong   Number 6, I would say 2 out of 3 but their answer only 1  right!

Answers in a day or so!

TBWG sawadi
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 09:32:21 AM by ADMIN »

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2010, 01:17:00 AM »
1. Chess ?
3. ? potatoes ? and ?
7. full stop (period), hyphen, apostrophy, semi-colon, colon, comma, inverted comma, brackets, question mark, exclamation mark ..
9. Shoes, Socks, Sandals, Slippers, Slip-ons, Skies, Snow-shoes, Snow-board, Skates

Well I take it nobody else could get any!

Answers To Quiz:

1.. The one sport in which neither the spectators nor the participants  know the score or the leader until the contest ends: Boxing..

2. North American landmark constantly moving backward:   Niagara Falls . 
(The rim is worn down about two and a half feet each year because of the millions of gallons of water that rush over it every minute.)

3. Only two vegetables that can live to produce on their own for several growing seasons: Asparagus and rhubarb.

4. The fruit with its seeds on the outside: Strawberry.

5. How did the pear get inside the brandy bottle?  It grew inside the bottle. 
The bottles are placed over pear buds when they are small, and are wired in place on the tree.  The bottle is left in place for the entire growing season. When the pears are ripe, they are snipped off at the stems.

6. Three English words beginning with dw: Dwarf, dwell and dwindle...

7. Fourteen punctuation marks in English grammar: Period, comma, colon, semicolon, dash, hyphen, apostrophe,question mark, exclamation point, quotation mark, brackets, parenthesis, braces, and ellip sawadises. 

8. The only vegetable or fruit never sold frozen, canned, processed, cooked, or in any other form but fresh: Lettuce.

9. Six or more things you can wear on your feet beginning with 'S':  Shoes, socks, sandals, sneakers, slippers, skis, skates, snowshoes,  stockings, stilts.

TBWG

Offline Paddyram

• Contributor on the right way
  • Censored!
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2010, 05:10:52 PM »
Hold on, Stewards Enquiry.

2. Surely Mount Rushmore retreating by act of wind erosion is as correct as Niagara Fall retreating by water erosion, well ?

8. what about Iceberge Lettuce that can be frozen.

not that I'm super competitive or anything  wildman  steamingMad ... no, just for fun.   whistle

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2010, 06:45:14 PM »
Hold on, Stewards Enquiry.

2. Surely Mount Rushmore retreating by act of wind erosion is as correct as Niagara Fall retreating by water erosion, well ?

8. what about Iceberge Lettuce that can be frozen.

not that I'm super competitive or anything  wildman  steamingMad ... no, just for fun.   whistle

Don't blame me ~~~ I'm only the messenger. But we will have a stewards enquiry. newargue

TBWG sawadi

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM