{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: 800k Bht and 400k Bht new Imm rules  (Read 9144 times)

Offline PolarAttack

• Contributor with future
    • YouTube Link
Re: 800k Bht and 400k Bht new Imm rules
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2019, 06:37:54 PM »
I was thinking the same question. I thought that showing the 800 - 3 months before and 3 months after would be done during the 90 day check-ins. I thought at the same office. Of course I have no idea but I thought that made sense. I see my error  brick1

The 2 months before, previously 3 months, has always been done at time of application. IO checks that the money has been in for 2 months already.

Some offices have been issuing slips of paper with a date at which to return with an updated bank book to show money is still there after 3 months.

Not everyone has a 90 day report to do exactly 90 days after their extension has been issued. Also, knowing how picky immigration can be, 90 days is not equal to 3 months anyway.

Thanks for the explanation Starman !!

True about the 90 days and not 3 months.  I believe mine said up to 15 days early and not more than 7 days late.
Sorry if I left some confusion. I?m referring to the future status and not current. My last check in only required my passport as well.

In the future though are you suggesting that it?s possible to require two trips?  One for the regular check in and another date to prove the funds? 

I guess it doesn?t really matter, I?ll do whatever they ask.

Thanks,
Wayne

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2019, 07:07:36 PM »
I was thinking the same question. I thought that showing the 800 - 3 months before and 3 months after would be done during the 90 day check-ins. I thought at the same office. Of course I have no idea but I thought that made sense. I see my error  brick1

The 2 months before, previously 3 months, has always been done at time of application. IO checks that the money has been in for 2 months already.

Some offices have been issuing slips of paper with a date at which to return with an updated bank book to show money is still there after 3 months.

Not everyone has a 90 day report to do exactly 90 days after their extension has been issued. Also, knowing how picky immigration can be, 90 days is not equal to 3 months anyway.

True about the 90 days and not 3 months.  I believe mine said up to 15 days early and not more than 7 days late.
Sorry if I left some confusion. I?m referring to the future status and not current. My last check in only required my passport as well.

In the future though are you suggesting that it?s possible to require two trips?  One for the regular check in and another date to prove the funds? 

Thanks,
Wayne

Unless you travel outside of Thailand your extension should coincide with a 90 day report, at least withing the 15/7 day window, as when you do your first extension you will have been here for about 90 days (the permission to stay of a single entry O visa) and thus will do a report on the same day.

If you leave Thailand, get a re entry permit first, then your 90 day report clock resets and will likely be out of sync with your next extension. If this is the case then you will need to do a special trip for your 3 months bank book check.

Offline PolarAttack

• YouTube Link
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2019, 07:36:19 AM »

Thanks,
Wayne

Unless you travel outside of Thailand your extension should coincide with a 90 day report, at least withing the 15/7 day window, as when you do your first extension you will have been here for about 90 days (the permission to stay of a single entry O visa) and thus will do a report on the same day.

If you leave Thailand, get a re entry permit first, then your 90 day report clock resets and will likely be out of sync with your next extension. If this is the case then you will need to do a special trip for your 3 months bank book check.

Ok, understood.
Thank you

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2019, 10:15:29 AM »
Re: 90 day report

FYI

I was told by the IO in Chang Arena Immigration, that you only can be late with your 90 day report if the day you supposed to report is a Holiday.

I know about the 15 days early and 7 days late window, but I just wanted to let you know what he said.

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2019, 11:56:24 AM »
Re: 90 day report

FYI

I was told by the IO in Chang Arena Immigration, that you only can be late with your 90 day report if the day you supposed to report is a Holiday.

I know about the 15 days early and 7 days late window, but I just wanted to let you know what he said.

It's becoming quite apparent that the IO at Chang Arena is making up his own rules.

The answer is quite simple. Don't go there.

Offline Freddy

• Gifte​d Poster
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2019, 03:23:53 PM »
Off topic but relating to Chaing Arena Office. In January I got a new passport. I used the Chaing Arena Office to get everything transferred from the old to new passport. That process all seemed very smooth and efficient at the time. However, when I went to do the following 90 day report at the main office I was informed that I was on overstay by 1200+ days.
Not sure how but seems all my records other than my last entry into Thailand had been lost.

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2019, 03:27:54 PM »
Wow 1200 days.

How was it resolved ?

Offline Freddy

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2019, 03:35:04 PM »
Given all the info that had been transferred to my new passport I guess it was obviously an error so after some head scratching by the IO he just processed my 90 day.
I?ve no idea if all the info has been recovered on their computers. I?ve done another 90 day since ( last week) and was quick.

Tassie

« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2019, 05:18:23 PM »
As I am 73 years of age I cannot get medical insurance in Thailand.  If I return to Australia all my medical bills are covered by the Australian government.  I also have a good sum of money in my Thai bank account. I have been living in Thailand for 5 years on a non O  immigration visa based on marriage.
Where do I stand?
Regards

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2019, 05:22:35 PM »
As I am 73 years of age I cannot get medical insurance in Thailand.  If I return to Australia all my medical bills are covered by the Australian government.  I also have a good sum of money in my Thai bank account. I have been living in Thailand for 5 years on a non O  immigration visa based on marriage.
Where do I stand?
Regards

Nothing has changed.

Tassie

« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2019, 05:24:21 PM »
Thanks Starman.
Regards

Offline Bob

« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2019, 05:26:27 PM »
So far mandatory insurance only affects those on Non-Immigrant Visa O-A  (which are issued in your home country.
But never know...

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2019, 05:36:09 PM »
So far mandatory insurance only affects those on Non-Immigrant Visa O-A  (which are issued in your home country.
But never know...

The figure of 400k has been branded about a lot recently.

Those on extensions based on being over 50 now need to keep 400k in a Thai bank for ever.

O-A visa holders need insurance with 400k cover.

I can see, and this is only speculation, in the future those on extensions based on marriage may well be required to leave 400k in the bank forever also.

Offline DeputyDavid

• Reliable reporter on the right way
« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2019, 05:50:29 PM »
And probably insurance. OP insurance adds a lot to the premium. I currently self insure for Out Patient but that may not be possible soon.

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2019, 05:52:57 PM »
And probably insurance. OP insurance adds a lot to the premium. I currently self insure for Out Patient but that may not be possible soon.

I doubt there will be a need for bank balance and insurance.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick