{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: New Immigration requirement.  (Read 13495 times)

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Re: New Immigration requirement.
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2019, 11:53:06 AM »
65k or more per month.

My understanding based on the possibility of mixing monthly income with money in bank was that:
I can have 400k in bank and receive another 400k over 12 months be it in 2 months or 12 doesnt matter.
So, if I receive 130k in one month and 0 the next month ss as good as receiving 65k in 2 months.

But what you say sounds like "must have 65k or more EVERY month" and not the sum over the year is important.

Did I get you right?

EVERY month - that is correct.

Offline Smithy

• Reliable reporter on the right way
« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2019, 08:26:45 PM »
What are members advice on this one ???
I have a friend that is on a Marriage Extention and has always used the UK Embassy Letter as proof of income .
He gets a State peion of obout 35k Baht a month which is paid direct into his Thai Bank and has a private pension of about 400k Baht a year that is paid twice yearly ( 200k in April and 200k in October ) paid into his UK bank that he then transfers to his Thai Bank.
With the old Embassy Letter it was easy to prove his income was enough to meet the requiremets of 40k a month to obtain his marriage extention as his yearly income was about 820K which was more than adequate.
So how does he now prove his 40k Baht a month income when his bank book is only showing 35k baht a month .
Do you think they will they take the 2 x 200k Baht bi-annual payments into his account into a account or will they say his 35k Goverment pension is not enough.

Offline DeputyDavid

« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2019, 07:13:44 AM »
I would ask Immigration to be sure, but the immigration order indicates for marriage extension you must have an average of 40K per month whereas for the retirement extension you must have 65K each and every month.

Personally I chose 400K in the bank because I don?t trust the currency volatility both here and home country. At least this way I don?t loose sleep if the conversion gets to the point I can?t afford to stay. Plus I save a lot in fees if I transfer twice a year vs 12 times a year.

Best bet is to go to immigration or give them a call to be sure.

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2019, 11:51:45 AM »
I have a friend that is on a Marriage Extention and has always used the UK Embassy Letter as proof of income .
He gets a State peion of obout 35k Baht a month which is paid direct into his Thai Bank and has a private pension of about 400k Baht a year that is paid twice yearly ( 200k in April and 200k in October ) paid into his UK bank that he then transfers to his Thai Bank.
With the old Embassy Letter it was easy to prove his income was enough to meet the requiremets of 40k a month to obtain his marriage extention as his yearly income was about 820K which was more than adequate.
So how does he now prove his 40k Baht a month income when his bank book is only showing 35k baht a month .
Do you think they will they take the 2 x 200k Baht bi-annual payments into his account into a account or will they say his 35k Goverment pension is not enough.

I would advise that your friend gets 400k in the bank. That is the only way he can do it, unless he gets his 35k a month sent to his UK bank and then tops it up to 40 before he transfers it over.

I would ask Immigration to be sure, but the immigration order indicates for marriage extension you must have an average of 40K per month whereas for the retirement extension you must have 65K each and every month.

Personally I chose 400K in the bank because I don?t trust the currency volatility both here and home country. At least this way I don?t loose sleep if the conversion gets to the point I can?t afford to stay. Plus I save a lot in fees if I transfer twice a year vs 12 times a year.

Best bet is to go to immigration or give them a call to be sure.

I think you'll find that is a mis translation. The requirement is at least 40k per month.

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2019, 01:29:32 PM »
That is correct Jon. Your next 90 day report will be in May, 90 days since your last entry.

12th May by my calculation.

Offline Smithy

« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2019, 03:22:39 PM »

I would advise that your friend gets 400k in the bank. That is the only way he can do it, unless he gets his 35k a month sent to his UK bank and then tops it up to 40 before he transfers it over.

I think I have come up with a plan  :)

Everytime he receives his UK Pension in his Thai Bank account he will draw out an additional 10K baht from the ATM from his UK bank account and pay it into his Thai Bank ( he will save the recipt from the ATM showing the money is coming from the UK )  .Hopefully that will show 45K a month coming into his Thai Bank account to meet the Marriage Extention 40k Baht a month income requirement . Nowhere does it say the income must come from only one source.

He's doing a 90 Day report on Monday , so he is going to check with Immagration that this is OK  :)

Offline DeputyDavid

« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2019, 07:40:58 PM »
Based on what others have posted in another forum I would guess that they will say no but please keep us updated.

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2019, 12:13:53 PM »
Based on what others have posted in another forum I would guess that they will say no but please keep us updated.

I agree.

Offline Smithy

« Reply #53 on: March 17, 2019, 10:46:04 AM »

So whats been said on other Forums ???

Offline DeputyDavid

« Reply #54 on: March 17, 2019, 10:54:05 AM »
In summary they report the IO only wants to see money transferred to Thailand bank and must show on the bank statement  as FTT.   They don?t want to see foreign accounts or receipts. However there have been reports of IO wanting to see a letter from the source indicating the amount of benefits but that was not at Buriram.

Offline Smithy

« Reply #55 on: March 17, 2019, 11:32:26 AM »
In summary they report the IO only wants to see money transferred to Thailand bank and must show on the bank statement  as FTT.   They don?t want to see foreign accounts or receipts. However there have been reports of IO wanting to see a letter from the source indicating the amount of benefits but that was not at Buriram.
He and his wife are going to do a 90 day report tomorrow and his wife will ask what they have do .
The problem is he has diabetes,has had half his foot removed and is 90% blind. He cant do any on-line banking, only has his Monthly Pension and a ATM to withdraw money from his UK bank account. I have helped him do his Embassy letter each year and have helped him fill in his paperwork for his marriage extension each year also.
Not only is he in ill heath but the strain of meeting the new requirement is also a detriment to his health. ( he was nearly in tears with worry when I saw him last week )  :(
Lets hope they can come up with a solution for his next marriage extension at the Immigration Office tomorrow !!

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #56 on: March 17, 2019, 11:34:54 AM »
He and his wife are going to do a 90 day report tomorrow and his wife will ask what they have do .
The problem is he has diabetes,has had half his foot removed and is 90% blind. He cant do any on-line banking, only has his Monthly Pension and a ATM to withdraw money from his UK bank account. I have helped him do his Embassy letter each year and have helped him fill in his paperwork for his marriage extension each year also.
Not only is he in ill heath but the strain of meeting the new requirement is also a detriment to his health. ( he was nearly in tears with worry when I saw him last week )  :(
Lets hope they can come up with a solution for his next marriage extension at the Immigration Office tomorrow !!

I have come in late on this one..... sorry if I have missed something.

Can the pensions not be sent to his Thai bank account ?

Offline Smithy

« Reply #57 on: March 17, 2019, 12:17:58 PM »

I have come in late on this one..... sorry if I have missed something.

Can the pensions not be sent to his Thai bank account ?

I've sent you a PM on FB Ray

Tassie

« Reply #58 on: March 17, 2019, 06:32:00 PM »
My Australian pension is sent directly to my Thailand Bank. No transfer fees.
Regards

Offline Smithy

« Reply #59 on: March 18, 2019, 06:51:27 PM »
Follow-on from previous posts!!!

My friend went to the Immigration Office today to do his 90 day report and to ask about his monetary situation.
The IO said to him 'Nothing has changed ".........My friend replied " It has changed as I can no longer use an Embassy letter " .He tried to ask if what I had suggested would be OK but was just given a blank stare and was uninterested in answering any of his questions. He seemed more interested in getting him out the door so he could deal with other waiting customers .   brick1 . I just don't know why Immigration Office's cant be more helpful  ::) , he is no better off knowing on what to do than before he asked any questions !! . I guess he/we will have to rely on all the arch-chair forum Visa experts if we need to know something at a later date :)
I think the plan is now ........ to bring money over each month until he has 400k in his deposit account and if there is any shortfall 2 months before his visa extension is due I will lend him some money for a 3 months .He will leave the money in his deposit account for any of his next renewals  as DeputyDavid is doing .

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick