{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Bringing spiderlings into Thailand  (Read 3425 times)

Offline 3legdog

• Contributor with future
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Bringing spiderlings into Thailand
« on: November 27, 2018, 02:04:37 AM »
I was wondering if any anyone can provide some insight into the 'unofficial' legality of bringing exotic pets into Thailand.

I impulsively went out and bought two spiderling Tarantulas to bring back to Thailand. Both species are not on any endangered lists and is well known by the arachnid community as very common spiders. How to ship em dawned on me later.
I was thinking of packing them neatly in their plastic cups into my under carriage luggage box and hope they do survive, a bit cruel but I see no other way. They are both the size of a finger nail.

The idea was to get docile species that my kids will be able to manually handle as I have had when I was a kid. And they truly are fascinating.

Finding anything about Tarantulas in Thailand ended up with people eating them.  yum1

Tassie

Re: Bringing spiderlings into Thailand
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2018, 06:55:48 AM »
You are looking for trouble if you think you can sneek them in.  If you claim the tarantulas are pets then you need an import licence to bring them into Thailand.  By not doing so, you risk a great fine, destruction of your pets and trouble for you personally, in other words possible time in prison, cancellation of your visa and a quick exit out of Thailand never to return. Please respect Thailand and do the right thing.
GENERAL PROHIBITIONS AND RESTRICTIONS
The Thai Government controls the import and export of certain goods into/out of Thailand.
The controls either take the form of:
an absolute prohibition, which means that you are not allowed to import the goods in any circumstances; or
a restriction, where you need to have written permission in order to import the goods. The import of wild fauna, flora, fish and other aquatic fauna requires permission from the National Park, Wildlife and Plant Conservation Department, the Department of Agriculture, or the Department of Fishery as the case may be.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick