{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Car ownership  (Read 8549 times)

Offline olavhome

• Contributor with future
Re: Car ownership
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2018, 08:39:54 PM »
Beware also that even if it is in your name, the wife/partner may have access to the registration book, and can raise a hefty loan with a loan shark. I nearly came a cropper like that 20 years ago. Took the vehicle reg books and house chanotes to a friend to take care of.

Is that possible ?
 Guess bank will need the signature of the registrered owner before giving a loan.

And normally you will only get a loan With car as Security when buying the actual care or bike - at least in "developed countries" :-)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 08:49:18 PM by Mod »

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2018, 08:50:45 PM »
Beware also that even if it is in your name, the wife/partner may have access to the registration book, and can raise a hefty loan with a loan shark. I nearly came a cropper like that 20 years ago. Took the vehicle reg books and house chanotes to a friend to take care of.

Is that possible ?
 Guess bank will need the signature of the registrered owner before giving a loan.

And normally you will only get a loan With car as Security when buying the actual care or bike - at least in "developed countries" :-)
From a bank,Yes. A loan shark, No.

Offline DeputyDavid

• Reliable reporter on the right way
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2018, 09:18:42 PM »
I felt like I needed to have everything in my name at first. Now the much older family borrowed little runabout car is in father in laws name. I was out of country so much easier to have him take care. It?s not worth much. When we have to take it for inspection each year I just figured he might get a bit more leeway than if in my name.

I sold my Fortuner and the buyer was financing a portion. Incredible amount of documents needed to do this deal. The bank said if in Thai name not so much needed. I don?t recall the documents needed but at the time I thought it was a bit much. Cash sale of a motorcycle in my name was much easier. Just needed a copy of my yellow book. He took it to Bangkok to register it and called to say there was no problem.

I?m a bit more relaxed about who?s name things are in. The new Royal Enfield however is DEFINITELY in my name. Lol.

Offline Smithy

• Reliable reporter on the right way
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2018, 03:07:35 PM »

BTW. As you can see I always have my Crash Helmet at hand and I always make sure the strap is securely fastened before the keys go's in the ignition. There are few they like to slag off Thais for not a wearing crash helmet but end up in hospital because they didn't have one on......oh the joys of righteousness .  :biggrin: bike037

10 reasons to wear a Crash helmet.....all so true ;)

Only to be read by those with a sense of of humour (or humor)!  :)

https://badasshelmetstore.com/10-reasons-wear-motorcycle-helmet/
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 03:14:45 PM by Smithy »

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod