{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: UK Passports  (Read 4599 times)

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
UK Passports
« on: March 02, 2017, 10:34:29 PM »
    Thanks. I think the company is VFS and they have now moved to Sukumvidt Soi 13 - Trendy Building.

Indeed.

The British embassy plays no role in British passports (other than issuing emergency travel documents in lieu thereof). Passports are a function of Her Majesty's Passport Office, which is part of the Home Office.

In Thailand application is made via HMPO's agents VfS Global who, as Freddy mentioned, are located in the Trendy Building in Sukhumvit soi 13.

In theory application must be made in person and once issued in Liverpool the passport is returned to VfS for personal collection. A third party can be authorised to present the application and collect  the new passport This is useful for those too busy/lazy/disinclined to complete the paperwork and troll off the Bangkok - twice. Starman obviously falls into the "too busy" category and took the third party route.

Freddy, out of interest, are you renewing because of a looming expiry date or a full passport ?

Looming expiry date. Still a few months off. Just getting ahead of the game.

Can you just clarify regarding the transfer of visa, retirement extension and re-entry permit from old to new. Do VFS automatically provide the letter requesting transfer for  Buriram immigration or do I have to request it? Also, I am assuming that I retain my current passport ( it doesn't get sent off to Liverpool) and then keep it when I collect the new passport so that things can be transferred.

Freddy, a  link for you:-

https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports

That will lead you into everything including cost, supporting documents, photos,  etc

They quote a 4 week turn round time (they have been achieving better but it depends whether you going to Bangkok yourself) so don't run the expiry date too tight - and obviously get the new passport before your next extension is due. Remember that HMPO will 'credit' you with up to 9 months (I think) unexpired time.

Your old passport does not go to Liverpool but colour copies of every page (including blanks) do. You will need to supply evidence of address and you pay by credit card authority

See below re 'visa transfer letter':-.... it looks like it comes automatically.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/491945/Visa_Transfer_Information.pdf

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick