{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Trump  (Read 65389 times)

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
Re: Trump
« Reply #105 on: February 26, 2017, 06:35:33 AM »
How about this, if you don't like the thread don't read it. 

However, I would say this thread is gathering about 25% of the traffic on this forum. 

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #106 on: February 26, 2017, 06:48:34 AM »
If you are so infatuated with your new president why don't you x off back home,perhaps he'll realise what huge potential you have & give you a job supervising the building of the wall!!

Offline davureborn

• Member in the hall of honorary
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #107 on: February 26, 2017, 06:49:20 AM »
Easy enough to guess where the objections are coming from. There are some that only react, generally negatively, to posts but rarely (never?) start new threads themselves.  Sometimes they react more to demonstrate their superior knowledge, than to help
There are days when nothing at all turns up on the Expats forum, I for one never open the "daily briefing" and jokes threads which in their turn, anyone can find on the net without much trouble. I don't write to Mod asking for them to close, I just mark them as read.

I miss the shout box myself. Now that isn't a negative comment, it is a positive one, I'd like to see it back.

(Edit). I get tired of posts about "US dollar tanking " as well, come to that.

Offline davureborn

« Reply #108 on: February 26, 2017, 06:53:19 AM »
If you are so infatuated with your new president why don't you x off back home,perhaps he'll realise what huge potential you have & give you a job supervising the building of the wall!!

So there we have it, some people don't like Trump, so in accordance with the new Democratic tradition, free speech must be done away with. Nothing to do with being bored with the thread.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #109 on: February 26, 2017, 06:54:14 AM »
I will give you hope, maybe Trump will bring some sanity to the US Visa policy. 

BTW, kind of hypocritical of you to say close this thread then continue to post.  But then you never let that stop you in the past. 

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #110 on: February 26, 2017, 06:54:50 AM »
Davu where have you been the Shoutbox has been back for several weeks

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #111 on: February 26, 2017, 07:07:19 AM »
We have some complaint about this thread.

People say it is too much. People not interested.

Please answer this question. Is this time to close this?

If a conservative doesn't like something, he stays away from it. If a liberal doesn't like something, he tries to destroy it, while attacking everything associated with it. " class="img-responsive whisper-foreground

Offline davureborn

« Reply #112 on: February 26, 2017, 07:35:06 AM »
One thing I very much object to, however, is the use of memes to get a point across. They don't invite a discussion as evidenced by the responses URright is getting.
Nookiebear: I have no shout box. Thanks for the heads up, I'll see what I can do about that. Maybe I got banned!

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #113 on: February 26, 2017, 07:43:18 AM »

So there we have it, some people don't like Trump, so in accordance with the new Democratic tradition, free speech must be done away with. Nothing to do with being bored with the thread.

Nothing to do with free speech but everything to do with constant cutting and pasting of drivel. This from a member who also makes snide comments about pictures not appearing, even though an announcement has been made about memory issues.

This is a forum. Forums are for discussion. The past few posts aside, there has been no discussion. Just one bored man talking with himself.

Democracy is alive though, hopefully. I say close the thread. 4-0 to close.

Offline jivvy

• Contributor with future
« Reply #114 on: February 26, 2017, 08:50:36 AM »

Why close the thread?
Nobody is forced to read this or any other topic, if you don't like it don't read it.
There is nothing rude or abusive in it so why take offense.
If topics were to be closed because of personal dislikes of the subject matter it would indeed be a very sad day for the forum

Offline dimple joe

• Prolific Member
« Reply #115 on: February 26, 2017, 11:40:51 AM »
Not sure who has written to Mod to complain about this thread as davureborn assumes in #107.

I certainly haven't.

I did however mount a protest yesterday evening by bumping several ancient threads and followed up with a plea from the heart in the Shoutbox.

Like davureborn I don't open threads that have no interest for me; but I find it frustrating when I turn to this forum for a little light reading to discover that the recent post list is 60% or more "Trump".

This has nothing to do with personal dislikes.

The constant cutting and pasting of 'trumpcentric' drivel is not free speech, it's nothing short of propaganda.

Thankfully the similar 'cut and paste' extravaganza which was the global warming thread has died a natural death and hopefully this will do the same.

Then we can get back to reading about Pichai or Nookie's latest offerings, someone's lawn, bikes and houses for sale or rent, requests for advice or assistance et al.   

surrender1
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 11:43:51 AM by dimple joe »

Offline Adam

• Active member on the right way
« Reply #116 on: February 26, 2017, 11:54:12 AM »
I certainly didn't report it, perhaps the reporter would like to come forward!!

Come on don't be shy  swordfight.

But I too would like to see an end to this thread, as stated it is annoying when all the recent posts are this thread.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #117 on: February 26, 2017, 02:06:54 PM »
One thing I very much object to, however, is the use of memes to get a point across. They don't invite a discussion as evidenced by the responses URright is getting.
Nookiebear: I have no shout box. Thanks for the heads up, I'll see what I can do about that. Maybe I got banned!

Go to the Forum main page where the shot box shows up, it does not come up for me when viewing threads.

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #118 on: February 26, 2017, 03:26:47 PM »

Go to the Forum main page where the shot box shows up, it does not come up for me when viewing threads.

+1. It (the Shoutbox) will only show on this page http://www.buriramexpats.com/forum/index.php which is front page of the Forum.

Offline jivvy

• Contributor with future
« Reply #119 on: February 26, 2017, 03:30:00 PM »
For those who want to close this thread

I am not american, just an amused Brit

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM