{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Bus Service from Choeng Chom to Buriram  (Read 5738 times)

Offline Phantom

• Contributor with future
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Bus Service from Choeng Chom to Buriram
« on: April 05, 2017, 09:46:57 AM »
Hi All,
Finally retired and living full time near Huai Thalaeng.
My Uncle and Aunt ( late 70s) are visiting me in early May. They are travelling by bus from Siem Reap to Choeng Chom, then catch another one to Buriram where I will pick them up.
Any thoughts on Bus Companies would be appreciated. I saw the 2016 thread re travelling from Siem Reap to CC. Does this company cross the border as well?
Regards Gerry

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
Re: Bus Service from Choeng Chom to Buriram
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 01:01:08 PM »
Hi All,
My Uncle and Aunt ( late 70s) are visiting me in early May. They are travelling by bus from Siem Reap to Choeng Chom, then catch another one to Buriram where I will pick them up.
Any thoughts on Bus Companies would be appreciated. I saw the 2016 thread re travelling from Siem Reap to CC. Does this company cross the border as well?
Regards Gerry

The bus company does not cross the border. Theirs and yours best option is after they clear Thai customs at the crossing catch the 12 seater white van, it will say Chong Chom/Surin on it. For about 60 baht it will take them and another 40 or so chickens on the back to the Surin Bus Station in Surin. Its about 70 km and 1 hour from the crossing to Surin. In Surin they can get another bus for about 60 baht each to  Buriram.

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2017, 05:52:59 AM »
Hi All,
Regards Gerry

The bus company does not cross the border. Theirs and yours best option is after they clear Thai customs at the crossing catch the 12 seater white van, it will say Chong Chom/Surin on it. For about 60 baht it will take them and another 40 or so chickens on the back to the Surin Bus Station in Surin. Its about 70 km and 1 hour from the crossing to Surin. In Surin they can get another bus for about 60 baht each to  Buriram.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought I saw something larger than a 12 seater white van operating that run recently

Offline Phantom

• Contributor with future
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2017, 05:57:59 AM »
Thanks Gotlost for your reply.    I thought that would be the case. I volunteered to pick them up from the Border but they wanted experience more of rural life in using buses.   I now will insist on picking them up.
Thanks again.
Also thanks Nookiebear, may have to turn up for one of your Sunday sessions.

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2017, 06:30:57 AM »
Hi All,
Regards Gerry

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought I saw something larger than a 12 seater white van operating that run recently

Your correct but they do not run as regularly as the 12 seaters. The other bus I thank are 30 seaters.

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2017, 06:34:03 AM »
Thanks Gotlost for your reply.    I thought that would be the case. I volunteered to pick them up from the Border but they wanted experience more of rural life in using buses.   I now will insist on picking them up.
Thanks again.

The knock I have on the van is you may leave with only 2 people in a 12 seater but 10 km down the road that van will have 20 inside and yes I have experienced that. Never again.

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2017, 08:04:08 AM »
Thanks again.
These days people are arriving earlier to ensure they get a seat,,,you'd be more than welcome

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick