{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Buriram immigration office?  (Read 100487 times)

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
Re: Buriram immigration office?
« Reply #165 on: November 08, 2016, 05:28:23 PM »
That's interesting. My extension renewal is due next month. I keep the required 800,000 in a separate account which shows no transactions other than a yearly addition of interest ( added each September) and the occasional book update. I wonder how they'll get around that one. Presumably my other account showing money in/out covers it although I don't keep the balance at anywhere near the 800,000

When you go to get your letter from the bank,make sure you make a transaction of any kind on that day before you get the letter.Last year the lady in the bank informed me of this when I went to get my letter.1st time in 15 years!!

Offline Freddy

• Gifte​d Poster
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #166 on: November 08, 2016, 05:33:19 PM »
Will do...thanks. I've got about 820,000 in it so will withdraw a couple of thousand then request the letter,

Offline Somnat

• Reliable reporter on the right way
« Reply #167 on: November 08, 2016, 05:36:36 PM »
Will do...thanks. I've got about 820,000 in it so will withdraw a couple of thousand then request the letter,

Freddy, which branch of Bangkok bank in buriram did you get your account details letter from?

My account is at the University and when I last asked about it they had NO idea what I needed / wanted from them !!!!!!!

Offline Freddy

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #168 on: November 08, 2016, 06:10:23 PM »
I get mine from Bangkok Bank in Lam Plait Mat. They are fully familiar with the requirements. You make request and then collect letter next day.

Offline Somnat

• Reliable reporter on the right way
« Reply #169 on: November 08, 2016, 06:18:15 PM »
I get mine from Bangkok Bank in Lam Plait Mat. They are fully familiar with the requirements. You make request and then collect letter next day.

Thanks Freddy.

I wonder why Kap choeng Bangkok bank could issue the letter the same day?

I'll try the main branch in town here and see what they come up with  :)

Offline Freddy

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #170 on: November 08, 2016, 06:36:38 PM »
I guess KCI Bangkok bank were set up to do a lot of them each and every day. Lam Plait Mat is a small branch and probably only do a few a year. They seem to do all their admin requests out of opening hours. The girls that do the letters seem to focus on opening new accounts when open. A larger branch may do it while you wait.
Other members viewing this thread will no doubt advise of best option in Buriram

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #171 on: November 08, 2016, 06:47:20 PM »
I used the Bangkok Bank at Big C for the letter, they knew what to do.  However, there is usually a wait at that branch. 

In the Dummy thread 2015 I address where KCI wanted an update in my bank book, I didn't need a transaction, I went to the BB update machine and it gave me a balance update with the current date, that was sufficient. 

Offline buckwhelk

• Contributor with future
« Reply #172 on: November 15, 2016, 11:28:39 AM »
I did my retirement extension, re-entry permit, and 90 day report today at the Buriram Immigration office.

We arrived at 08:30 just when they opened, and ran into a problem right away.  I had all the forms and copies as shared by the great folks on this board, but my letter from the bank was dated yesterday, and my last transaction on the account was dated 1 November.  They wanted those to be the same date.  So I had to go downtown, make a small withdrawal, update my account book and get a new letter.  At least the Buriram branch didn't charge 100 Baht for the letter like the PC branch does.

I got back to BI and everything was fine.  I walked straight up to the desk, the officers were very friendly, and we talked about how lucky we were because usually they are quite busy but I saw a total of four Farangs come in during the two visits this morning, and three were 90 day reports.  In and out in 1/2 hour.  No home visit necessary, full year extension.

If the online 90 day report keeps working (I've done 5 online so far) doing this once a year is painless.
KhunG, can you confirm exactly which forms you submitted?
Was the Immigration "Income" Form (see attached) one of them?
Does anyone have an English translation of this form?

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #173 on: November 15, 2016, 12:43:28 PM »
Does anyone have the Docs required / requirements for getting an extension based on Marriage at Buriram Immigration ?

Thanks

Edit: And additional question, does anyone know if a Fixed Deposit account is acceptable for BI ?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 12:45:13 PM by iammike »

Offline Freddy

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #174 on: November 15, 2016, 01:01:47 PM »
The income form is the only one I've not been able to get in English. Previously at KCI I've always taken it blank and they filled it for me. Hopefully BI will assist in the same way.
From previous posts on the subject of Fixed Deposit account. Apparently it is fine but they require that you show a transaction on it in the past 7 days at time of application. That is even if you show another bank account with money in/out on a monthly basis.
Seems crazy but that is what others have had to do. Reccomendation I got was to withdraw a couple of thousand of the interest the day you get your bank letter and get book updated at same time.
Mine is due in 3 weeks so any useful info or changes please advise. Good luck.

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #175 on: November 15, 2016, 01:09:13 PM »
I did my retirement extension, re-entry permit, and 90 day report today at the Buriram Immigration office.

We arrived at 08:30 just when they opened, and ran into a problem right away.  I had all the forms and copies as shared by the great folks on this board, but my letter from the bank was dated yesterday, and my last transaction on the account was dated 1 November.  They wanted those to be the same date.  So I had to go downtown, make a small withdrawal, update my account book and get a new letter.  At least the Buriram branch didn't charge 100 Baht for the letter like the PC branch does.

I got back to BI and everything was fine.  I walked straight up to the desk, the officers were very friendly, and we talked about how lucky we were because usually they are quite busy but I saw a total of four Farangs come in during the two visits this morning, and three were 90 day reports.  In and out in 1/2 hour.  No home visit necessary, full year extension.

If the online 90 day report keeps working (I've done 5 online so far) doing this once a year is painless.
KhunG, can you confirm exactly which forms you submitted?
Was the Immigration "Income" Form (see attached) one of them?
Does anyone have an English translation of this form?

Not sure BI will accept that form. The heading says KCI.

Offline buckwhelk

• Contributor with future
« Reply #176 on: November 15, 2016, 01:29:44 PM »
^^Thanks Starman. I thought was a KCI form, that's why I asked KhunG the original question.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 01:32:18 PM by buckwhelk »

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #177 on: November 15, 2016, 01:44:37 PM »
<snip>
From previous posts on the subject of Fixed Deposit account. Apparently it is fine but they require that you show a transaction on it in the past 7 days at time of application. That is even if you show another bank account with money in/out on a monthly basis.
Seems crazy but that is what others have had to do. Reccomendation I got was to withdraw a couple of thousand of the interest the day you get your bank letter and get book updated at same time.

Oke that makes it difficult for 2 reasons, 1) No idea if it is possible to withdraw a small amount from that account, but will ask tmrw at the local Bank 2) The account is in Pattaya and was opened when I still did my Extensions of Stay there, but since we moved to Buriram I am on ME NON-O visa's, but it's looking more and more that they are "forcing" people to go with the Extension of Stay instead of NON-O visa's.

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #178 on: November 15, 2016, 01:50:11 PM »
<snip>

Oke that makes it difficult for 2 reasons, 1) No idea if it is possible to withdraw a small amount from that account, but will ask tmrw at the local Bank 2) The account is in Pattaya and was opened when I still did my Extensions of Stay there, but since we moved to Buriram I am on ME NON-O visa's, but it's looking more and more that they are "forcing" people to go with the Extension of Stay instead of NON-O visa's.

Why do you think they are forcing people to stop using the multi O ?

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #179 on: November 15, 2016, 01:54:11 PM »
More and more topics on Thaivisa about this. Not 100% sure about this one of course, but I rather have a plan B just in case they actually go through with it.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/953415-experience-at-poipet-border-yesterday/

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/953699-immigration-tightening-up/

They are mostly about TR visa's but also people are mentioning that they get scrutinized even with valid NON-O visa's.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick