{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Buriram immigration office?  (Read 100466 times)

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
Re: Buriram immigration office?
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2016, 05:38:06 PM »
Had a member here that got his O visa in Hau Hin and he came to me for the extension paperwork, filled out the forms and say things went very smooth at KCI. 

Think it depends on who you get at KCI and how they fell that day.

I agree, but you helped them for extension, but the OP will be first looking for 90 day report (with an extension of stay done in another province)

Offline notrub

• Contributor with future
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2016, 05:51:56 PM »
I have a retirement visa issued in Suratthani and also resident's certificate from there.  All on the up and up and did it myself in person etc..  I want to register my residence in Buriram Province and perform my first 90 day reporting 22nd of August , or so.  I have a little over 9 months left on my retirement visa until it has to be renewed.  I have enough income to qualify but it comes from 3 different sources from 2 different countries.  I have a UK passport but am resident of France (25 years) and pay tax there.  I have my tax statement that shows my total income and will try to get the immigration authorities to accept that.  I don't want to have to leave 800,000 tied up in the bank and hope that they will accept my tax statement.  I hope to stay here full time and am about to build a house.  Any comments or advice will be welcome, thank you

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2016, 06:05:35 PM »
I have a retirement visa issued in Suratthani and also resident's certificate from there.  All on the up and up and did it myself in person etc..  I want to register my residence in Buriram Province and perform my first 90 day reporting 22nd of August , or so.  I have a little over 9 months left on my retirement visa until it has to be renewed.  I have enough income to qualify but it comes from 3 different sources from 2 different countries.  I have a UK passport but am resident of France (25 years) and pay tax there.  I have my tax statement that shows my total income and will try to get the immigration authorities to accept that.  I don't want to have to leave 800,000 tied up in the bank and hope that they will accept my tax statement.  I hope to stay here full time and am about to build a house.  Any comments or advice will be welcome, thank you

Do you have a Thai partner ? If so take that person with their blue house book and their Thai ID, they may and the key word is MAY let you. You will need to fill out  TM-28 and your partner whose address you will be using will fill out a TM-30. They may require you to get a YTB or yellow tabian this is a foreigners  house book. This is obtainable at your local amphur with the help of your partners.

Immigration alone will not accept your tax statements as a stand alone. You need from the British Embassy in Bangkok a letter confirming your income. You can do this by post. https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/536851/Pension_13_07_16.pdf
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 06:13:17 PM by gotlost »

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2016, 06:13:31 PM »
^ above post is spot on and the keyword is indeed MAY.

The refused me to do my 90 days report in KCI because I didn't have a Yellow Book with an address in Buriram.

Good luck !

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2016, 06:21:03 PM »

The refused me to do my 90 days report in KCI because I didn't have a Yellow Book with an address in Buriram.

Good luck !

There is a new pink ID card for foreigners out or coming out at amphurs. I understand its available in Surin so I would think its in Buriram. I have no idea if its at the  Kap Choeng . I have a YTB for KC. Some day I'll check. From what I understand this pink card does the something as the YTB.

Offline DeputyDavid

• Reliable reporter on the right way
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2016, 06:25:02 PM »
They want a yellowbook but they are the biggest cog in the wheel when trying to get one. Have they made it any easier?

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2016, 06:29:47 PM »

Good luck !

There is a new pink ID card for foreigners out or coming out at amphurs. I understand its available in Surin so I would think its in Buriram. I have no idea if its at the  Kap Choeng . I have a YTB for KC. Some day I'll check. From what I understand this pink card does the something as the YTB.

Yep !! I already got a letter from the Village Chief around 1.5 months ago, but not bothered getting that ID Card as I am not on a extension of stay but on ME NON-O's .

The discussion on TV is that the ID card is useful the same as the YTB, however some government agencies still don't accept it. But YMMV

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2016, 06:32:32 PM »
They want a yellowbook but they are the biggest cog in the wheel when trying to get one. Have they made it any easier?

I posted my experience on here when I did mine, but the only reason I got it in my amphur was because of

a- I am married to a Thai and my Amphur would not issue to unmarried Farangs
b- I know a guy who is Friends with the Boss of the Local Amphur

BUT times might have changed as I did mine well over 1 year ago (and haven't used it ONCE)

Offline DeputyDavid

• Reliable reporter on the right way
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2016, 06:38:05 PM »
Card #1 on lamplaimat ?

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2016, 06:52:02 PM »

Good luck !

Yep !! I already got a letter from the Village Chief around 1.5 months ago, but not bothered getting that ID Card as I am not on a extension of stay but on ME NON-O's .

The discussion on TV is that the ID card is useful the same as the YTB, however some government agencies still don't accept it. But YMMV

Try and to get it any way on your Multi O. The worst your amphur will say is no. TV is not always correct close but not always.  In the mean time I think I'll keep my YTB its paper. You every try to wipe your ass with plastic. :D

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2016, 07:12:30 PM »
@GL

I will not get that Pink ID Card. I don't see why I should (at the moment)

And I don't think the Amphur will be bothered to look at my Visa status as I think the deciding factor for getting the ID card is the YTB.

Edit: Yes I will keep my YTB, as I am not going anywhere. (Buriram to stay :biggrin: )
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 07:15:07 PM by iammike »

Offline maraudingscot

• Contributor on the right way
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2016, 12:57:16 AM »
Well, All this sounds very daunting! I am, just in the stages of moving to Thailand (North of Buriram) and will be looking at getting a retirement visa. But reading all this makes it sound very difficult.

So staying just outside Buriram where would one go to do the retirement visa? Would Buriram immigration be pen by then (end august-being september) or is it a long trip to Kop Chong? and then oh you no have this mr, all the way back to get that document?

I was thinking of doing it initially in banglamung as I have a friend that does this sort of thing there. But if living near Buriram, would this cause a problem? Does one go to the local amphur/police to register that you are living there? I can get a letter from the head of the village saying I am resident and give a letter  where I live etc etc

arrrgggghhh

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2016, 07:42:34 AM »
Don't worry. It is not that daunting.

You need to go to the immigration office that serves your province.

Right now, for Buriram residents, that is Kap Cheong. It may, in the future, be Buriram.

There appear to be a few new immigration offices waiting to open in Issan. The hold up seems to be a signature from a big ranking official.

Offline Freddy

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2016, 08:30:02 AM »
Maraudingscot- Obtaining the first retirement visa does at first appear daunting but in reality it's pretty straight forward. Suggest you take a look at the thread 'Retirement Extension for Dummies'. This sets out the requirements and provides the pro- formas.
If your looking to obtain a Thai driving lisence they will require a certificate of residence which you can get from the Buriram Police station. I've only been retired here for 2 years and getting my lisence is the only thing I have needed a certificate of residence for to date.

Offline notrub

• Contributor with future
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2016, 08:41:11 AM »
I got a retirement visa through a get your visa service company and stupidly did not know that I needed a re entry paper on leaving the country.  So I lost it.  This time I thought I would save the 25k THB and do it myself.  In Suratthani you need:
Passport
non immigrant 'O' visa
bank account with 800,000 THB in it for 3 months (or proof of 67k  per month income)
bank book
letter from bank confirming that you are a customer and have that money  The sum noted in this letter MUST match what is in the book
bank letter is only valid for 7 days so be careful of your timing
rental contract
print of google map showing residence
visit by police to photo your residence and you sitting in front of it

What I had with me but they did not care about
medical certificate
letter from France (my resident country) to state no criminal problems

I had got a non immigrant 'O' visa b4 from Geneva but had to get a tourist visa this last time around as the consulate there said the 'O'
visa no longer existed.  Not true but that is what they said.

So I had to get my tourist visa converted to an 'O' visa b4 applying for a retirement visa.  I did this in Thailand but it was a struggle.

My bank made a mistake in the sum written in their letter by 54 THB (06 vs 60) so it did not match my bank book and they would not accept it even though I had more than 1.5 million in that account for more than 6 months.  New letter was gotten minutes b4 closing time.

I don't know if you can open a Thai bank account w/o a retirement visa now so it would be good to check.  I have an account at Bangkok bank in Euros and THB (2 separate accounts) and they accepted a letter from the bank showing my money in Euros = THB. (but they didn't really like it)

I got my residence letter when I got the ret visa stamp in Koh Samui and now want to re register in Buriram province.  My experience has been that there are rules about many things and how they are interpreted by the officer that you speak to is what makes the difference. 

We bought 2 rai land and about to build a house near Putthaisong BTW and are here to stay so I want to make a good/correct impression with the immigration people here. 

What gets me about all of this is that I am an honest person with an income and just want to live a quiet life and how difficult this all is.

But then I look at the hoops people must jump through in many Farangland countries to do this same thing there and realise it is just more of the same everywhere.  I am spoiled as I have EU and Canadian citizenship  and have not had to do much to live someplace where I want to for a long time.

Any thoughts on getting along with local immigration will be welcome.  I think I have it wired but 'what you don't know, you don't know' as Confucius used to say.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick