{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Is Tesco Lotus coming to Buriram??????????  (Read 63400 times)

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
Re: Is Tesco Lotus coming to Buriram??????????
« Reply #120 on: September 26, 2011, 09:54:00 AM »

There is hope for Prakhonchai if one horse towns like Nong Ki and Nang Rong can get a TESCO Lotus Express.

If Nang Rong and Nong Ki are one horse towns, I would say Prakhonchai has two. Who owns the other one CoCo?
Prakhonchai appears to have more than its fair share of 'old nags'!!!!

sugardaddyken

« Reply #121 on: September 26, 2011, 11:47:12 AM »

Have you really been using the Makro in Pattaya 'for a few years'........It hasnt been open for 2 years until mid December!!!!
Perhaps you are getting confused with all the visits you pay to the Buriram Store!!

Yes a few years ( 2 ) yes smilenod  ,

give or take a few  ( 2-3 ) months  tonguebar2

I have never been to the one in Buriram,I think you are getting me confused with someone else   redman

sugardaddyken

« Reply #122 on: September 26, 2011, 11:51:54 AM »

There is hope for Prakhonchai if one horse towns like Nong Ki and Nang Rong can get a TESCO Lotus Express.

If Nang Rong and Nong Ki are one horse towns, I would say Prakhonchai has two. Who owns the other one CoCo?
Prakhonchai appears to have more than its fair share of 'old nags'!!!!

I've seen you with a few Nookiebear, I think the ladies must have had their Baht Goggles on though  smilenod redman thumbup

Offline ironryon

• Contributor with future
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #123 on: September 26, 2011, 04:21:17 PM »
FYI - Tesco have opened what it sounds like is an express mart in Ban Kruat. I havent seen it yet as I'm in the UK but this is the start of the end for other local marts etc....it's a shame to see this happen in such a small place.

sugardaddyken

« Reply #124 on: September 26, 2011, 04:57:38 PM »
FYI - Tesco have opened what it sounds like is an express mart in Ban Kruat. I havent seen it yet as I'm in the UK but this is the start of the end for other local marts etc....it's a shame to see this happen in such a small place.
It's something that is happening the world over,see this link

Just as it did with all the local small Hardware Shops in the UK years ago when the big boy  like Payless ,Homebase ,B&Q and Wickes DIY opened their big DIY centers ,seems to be the way of the world  :blink:

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #125 on: September 26, 2011, 05:14:05 PM »

Why is it a shame?

The Mom and Pop shops have had it good for long enough, mostly overcharging left, right and centre.

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #126 on: September 26, 2011, 06:43:08 PM »

Why is it a shame?

The Mom and Pop shops have had it good for long enough, mostly overcharging left, right and centre.
It will make the local supermarkets in Nong Ki charge the 'proper' price,not the proper price plus 10%

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #127 on: September 26, 2011, 07:03:13 PM »

It will make the local supermarkets in Nong Ki charge the 'proper' price,not the proper price plus 10%

Until they go bust. The quality of fresh foods in Tesco Express is likely to be superior to that elsewhere, and in my experience the staff are likely to be more efficient and tasty too!

sugardaddyken

« Reply #128 on: September 26, 2011, 07:05:07 PM »

Why is it a shame?

There will always be Mom and Pop shops in the Villages, there is no way 7/11 or Tesco will move in to these area's as there is just not enough money to justify it.In the last few years about 10-15 small shop shops have opened up in or just outside our village,how they find enough trade to stay open mystifies me or maybe they don't and are being sported by their son's or daughter's working elsewhere .Believe it or not being a shop own is still has some sort of  status symbol out in the Villages !!!

sugardaddyken

« Reply #129 on: September 26, 2011, 10:12:02 PM »
in my experience the staff are likely to be more efficient and tasty too!

Tasty maybe but efficient   confused1
I was told by a local you have to have a school certificate to say you have reached a certain standard of education even to be coincided for an interview with Tesco or 7/11. smilenod
One of the games I like to play is to go into 7/11 or Tesco and buy some goods .Say it comes to 315 bath, you give them 500 or a 1000 note and let them ring it up so the change come up on the Cash Register.You then give them the odd 15 baht .A look of horror comes over their faces  confused4 as they are totally baffled but what you have done....priceless. :biggrin:
And these are the youngsters that have a school certificate  :blink:,good job they don't just take anybody on.  ::)

Offline Vombatus

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #130 on: September 26, 2011, 10:26:15 PM »

Why is it a shame?

There will always be Mom and Pop shops in the Villages, there is no way 7/11 or Tesco will move in to these area's as there is just not enough money to justify it.In the last few years about 10-15 small shop shops have opened up in or just outside our village,how they find enough trade to stay open mystifies me or maybe they don't and are being sported by their son's or daughter's working elsewhere .Believe it or not being a shop own is still has some sort of  status symbol out in the Villages !!!

Ken, I would hardly call Pattaya a village.

Whilst Surin is smaller I doubt that the large estate, on which you acquired the house for Nok, is classed as a village either

sugardaddyken

« Reply #131 on: September 26, 2011, 10:41:41 PM »

Whilst Surin is smaller I doubt that the large estate, on which you acquired the house for Nok, is classed as a village either

We got bored in Surin ,so Nok's cousin who lives just outside Nong Yai in Chonburi offered us some land in her Village.Nice and quiet but close enough to nip into pattaya for a take away  ( 51k ) ,if you know what I mean  :biggrin:

Offline Vombatus

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #132 on: September 26, 2011, 11:41:47 PM »

We got bored in Surin ,so Nok's cousin who lives just outside Nong Yai in Chonburi offered us some land in her Village.Nice and quiet but close enough to nip into pattaya for a take away  ( 51k ) ,if you know what I mean  :biggrin:

A bit on the heavy side compared to the standard of your normal fillies.  ;D

sugardaddyken

« Reply #133 on: September 26, 2011, 11:52:45 PM »

A bit on the heavy side compared to the standard of your normal fillies.  ;D

Talking  of Fillies ,tomorrow would you Dare To Dance at Twenty to Five in Scotland.  ;)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 11:56:43 PM by sugardaddyken »

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #134 on: September 27, 2011, 06:01:31 AM »

Tasty maybe but efficient   confused1

Efficient  -in a Thai way!. They do more than the lasses in Big C, IQ etc who only stare into their mirrors all day long!

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick