{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Is Tesco Lotus coming to Buriram??????????  (Read 63344 times)

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
Re: Is Tesco Lotus coming to Buriram??????????
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2010, 09:56:52 PM »

Hi Steve

A few years ago I wrote tongue in cheek to Sir Terry Leahy the then CEO of Tesco regarding a superstore in Buriram. Not expecting a reply I was pleasantly surprised when he wrote in person advising me that Philip Clarke would contact me about it as he was the director in charge of overseas development.

Well Philip Clarke did contact me and said that they were intending to open a store in Buriram, as nothing happened I assumed that this had been put on hold.

However, Philip Clarke is now head honcho at Tescos after Sir Terry's retirement and bearing in mind overseas is his forte plus has been bringing in substantially higher returns than Europe I forsee a Tesco Superstore in the not too distant future! crazydance

TBWG sawadi   broccoli1 broccoli1 broccoli1
So when it opens any complaints can be squarely sent to you then  eusadance redman wildman

Hi DDt

All complaints can be sent squarely or roundly but will all be filed in the bin! crazydance

TBWG sawadi

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2010, 07:42:05 AM »
If Tesco Lotus do open in Buriram it is to be hoped that they have learnt from their lessons in Surin. The superstore there is an abomination.  It opened some 6 months before Big C, yet was immediately surpassed by Big C. At the time there was no fresh food (i.e fish meat, vegetables) and no bakery or deli. Even now some years on, after trying to improve   there is very limited fresh food, and the store is largely boycotted. Just last week there were only 4 booths selling cooked food in the cafeteria as against 10 when they opened - and that is mainly to the clearly underworked staff.

When the Surin Big C car park is full to overflowing it is hard to find 20 cars and pick ups at Tesco!

The 2074 is the wrong side of town for me so when it opens I'll stick to Big C and Makro.

dave the dude

« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2010, 08:34:45 AM »
If Tesco Lotus do open in Buriram it is to be hoped that they have learnt from their lessons in Surin. The superstore there is an abomination.  It opened some 6 months before Big C, yet was immediately surpassed by Big C. At the time there was no fresh food (i.e fish meat, vegetables) and no bakery or deli. Even now some years on, after trying to improve   there is very limited fresh food, and the store is largely boycotted. Just last week there were only 4 booths selling cooked food in the cafeteria as against 10 when they opened - and that is mainly to the clearly underworked staff.

When the Surin Big C car park is full to overflowing it is hard to find 20 cars and pick ups at Tesco!

The 2074 is the wrong side of town for me so when it opens I'll stick to Big C and Makro.

But we like the cheap T shirts, don't we Nick.
You are quite right about the Surin Tesco. You would be hard pressed to ever find any milk or bread there. Some random products can be found in Tesco thats not available in BigC but generally as Nick says

,the place is not good. The only saviour seems to be that they open 4 1/2 hours earlier in the morning AND the clothes seem to be of European quality IMHO.

Offline Vombatus

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2010, 01:12:30 PM »
There is a cracking piece of land in Prakhonchai, on the 24 just 300 metres from the lights, on the left, heading towards Nang Rong.

A big plot that has housed a Tuesday night market and has variously been touted as a site for a 5 star hotel (LOL!), a Big C and a TESCO Lotus

A TESCO Lotus would fit on there a treat.

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2010, 06:42:56 PM »

You are quite right about the Surin Tesco. You would be hard pressed to ever find any milk or bread there. Some random products can be found in Tesco thats not available in BigC but generally as Nick says

,the place is not good. The only saviour seems to be that they open 4 1/2 hours earlier in the morning AND the clothes seem to be of European quality IMHO.

Hi Bums

No undercover cover parking is a big mistake as far as I am concerned!  confused4 Apart from that a big Tesco fan ~~ if only I got clubcard points in Thailand!

Must admit I do not use Surin Tesco.

TBWG sawadi

dave the dude

« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2010, 08:38:29 PM »

Hi Bums

No undercover cover parking is a big mistake as far as I am concerned!  confused4 Apart from that a big Tesco fan ~~ if only I got clubcard points in Thailand!

Must admit I do not use Surin Tesco.

TBWG sawadi

WE have 2 David. The one in Surin Plaza is a lot smaller but better equipped for food

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2010, 09:34:38 PM »

WE have 2 David. The one in Surin Plaza is a lot smaller but better equipped for food

Wot!   Surin 2 - 0 Buriram  confused4

TBWG sawadi
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 09:51:06 PM by ADMIN »

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2010, 08:41:51 PM »
Dear members,

I have made some questioning in the area and these are my findings:

Tesco Lotus Store Buriram will be built road 218, just as you exit Buriram city toward Wat sawang arom,
You'll see the area just opposite the temple.
*See video of the area Tesco Lotus will be built on.

Tesco Lotus Express Buriram is planned to be on road 226, near the moat of Lamplaimat district.

sawadi
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 08:47:54 PM by ADMIN »

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2010, 11:20:08 PM »

Wow

Surin 2 - 2 Buriram  fastclapping wildman

TBWG sawadi

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2010, 03:19:09 PM »
Admin

Is the area they are clearing bigger or smaller than the Big C site?

Also might mean the Boys in Brown may have to move their tea money shakedown! angry1

TBWG sawadi

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2010, 03:48:28 PM »
Admin

Is the area they are clearing bigger or smaller than the Big C site?

Also might mean the Boys in Brown may have to move their tea money shakedown! angry1

TBWG sawadi

Look at the video above, here are some pictures I took in the place.
I think its the same size as Big C area.

[attach=#]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Vombatus

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2010, 01:10:17 AM »

Wow

Surin 2 - 2 Buriram  fastclapping wildman

TBWG sawadi

What a come back  broccoli1

Can't wait for extra time - maybe we can score on the soapy massage front (I believe that is 1 -1  ??)

Offline buriramboy

• Contributor on the right way
« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2010, 03:24:04 PM »
now we can all get tesco tea eusadance the clothes are better quality than BIG C and the prices are ok I think almost same?! thanks for the pictures admin.

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2010, 04:44:39 PM »
now we can all get tesco tea eusadance the clothes are better quality than BIG C and the prices are ok I think almost same?! thanks for the pictures admin.

Hi Bums

People that know tell me Big C prices are high, perhaps a bit of competition will be good for our pockets and consequently more tea or beer money! alcoholic

TBWG sawadi

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2010, 10:42:02 PM »

Tesco after Carrefour outlets!

LONDON (SHARECAST) - Britain’s largest supermarket Tesco is one of ten bidders battling it out to win the Southeast Asian business of French supermarket chain Carrefour.

Up for grabs are 61 stores in Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand worth an estimated £650m.

Tesco already has a big operation in the region, mostly in South Korea, but also in China, Japan, Malaysia and Thailand, where the majority of Carrefour’s shops are.

Some of the world’s big name retailers are involved in the auction process, including Singapore-based Dairy Farm and Aeon of Japan, although Wal-Mart is thought to be sitting it out.

Carrefour is the second largest retailer on earth after the American behemoth. Tesco is third.

The UK firm reported “encouraging” first quarter growth in Asia of 15.4%, or 4.9% at constant exchange rates, despite political uncertainty in Thailand and Korea.

It made a trading profit there of £440m in the 12 months to February, 24% higher than the year before. Sales leapt 20% to over £9bn. Korea accounted for £4.5bn of sales and profits of nearly £300m.

“Our Asian markets offer a significant long-term opportunity,” the company said.

TBWG sawadi

Admin ~~~ What about an update on Tescos construction progress! wave1

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod